This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout out to Martin, Martin and 'Martin'

On the commentaries, Martin Wood, Martin Gero, and David "Martin" Hewlett do a little shout-out to this site. In fact, that's how I found you guys. One of the Martin's mentioned how they like to visit here and see what people thought of the episodes. I thought that was really cool. It's really nice to see folks from a show tap into a well done website and keep an eye on their fans.

If you guys are reading this, please tell Torri and Rachel, that I listen to the commentaries. I'm too lazy to send in a note.

So here's to the Martins and the rest of the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis!

Cheers!
    Em
    Emerald
    ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
    I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

That's how I found this site as well. My brother was watching the commentaries one day, told me some of them were hilarious (Ford!), and sure enough, they were and here I am.

Comment

I found the site from SG1 Information Archive. Back when they were called that.

Comment

Is Martin David Hewlett's middle name or something?

Comment

I think he just felt left out that he was the only non-Martin in the room. That was their second commentary together wasn't it? It's been so long since I've listened to the coms I don't remember.
          Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            Is Martin David Hewlett's middle name or something?
            Originally posted by leighanners View Post
            I think he just felt left out that he was the only non-Martin in the room. That was their second commentary together wasn't it? It's been so long since I've listened to the coms I don't remember.
            Yeah, it was just DH messing about. They all introduced themselves (can't remember which commentary it was - Siege Part 1 maybe?) and DH made a joke because everyone seemed to be called Martin.. it was something like:

MW: Hi, I'm Martin Wood..
            MG: And I'm Martin Gero..
            DH: And I'm David "Martin" Hewlett..
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, he was messing. His real middle name is Ian. (which means John in Gaelic)

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Yeah, it was just DH messing about. They all introduced themselves (can't remember which commentary it was - Siege Part 1 maybe?) and DH made a joke because everyone seemed to be called Martin.. it was something like:

MW: Hi, I'm Martin Wood..
                MG: And I'm Martin Gero..
                DH: And I'm David "Martin" Hewlett..
                ...and part 2. Cause he says it in that weird voice. And one of them goes "Still funny..." And another goes "Still funny." And they chuckle or something like that.
                Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
                  That's how I found this site as well. My brother was watching the commentaries one day, told me some of them were hilarious (Ford!), and sure enough, they were and here I am.
                  Well hooray for your brother! And for the Martins who pointed us this way!

Cheers!
                  Em
                  Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                    ...and part 2. Cause he says it in that weird voice. And one of them goes "Still funny..." And another goes "Still funny." And they chuckle or something like that.
                    Yeah, each of the commentaries after that, where it was the 3 of them, David introduced himself that way.

I really think the commentaries are fantastic. Torri and Rachel are SOOOOOO cute! And Rachel with Paul is hysterical. Martin cubed is kind of weird because unless he's pulling voice, it's hard to tell David from the Martins anyway.

I can not wait to get all caught up on season 2 and then start getting season 3. I'll actually have something to add to these conversations! \o/

Cheers!
                    Em
                    Emerald

Comment

Same here Kinda. However i have been visting the site long before joining
                      the forums.

Martian Wood is a Hero! (if he dose infact read this)

Martian Gero is cool aswell but speaks TOO much about the writhing and himself in the commentaries. Not tahts its a bad thing its just i rather hear about the sets, filming and CGI Oh and random stuff rather than the wrighting EVERY TIME! No OFFENCE.
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        Martian Gero is cool aswell but speaks TOO much about the writhing and himself in the commentaries. Not tahts its a bad thing its just i rather hear about the sets, filming and CGI Oh and random stuff rather than the wrighting EVERY TIME! No OFFENCE.
                        I kind of like that he talks about the writing. Personally, I have no creative ability. I'm a natural born editor. I can take what's there and fix it or improve it, but I can't come up with original ideas, or even good ways to rehash old ideas. *sigh* So I like hearing about the writing and how things sometimes transition from the writing to the finished version. "There's a storm, and we wanna have the Genii take over Atlantis. Oh, and we want it to be a 2-parter." I'd be like, "Okay, good luck with that." I think it's funny when they get all wrapped up in watching the episode and suddenly realize they haven't been talking. "Hey, this show is pretty good! When does it come on?" LOL!

I can't get over how much fun they are. If you ever watch LOST with the commentaries, they're interesting, but not half as entertaining. They take themselves more seriously.

I don't even want to imagine what the Galactica commentaries would be like.

Cheers!
                        Em
                        Emerald

Comment

i was watching the commentaries today^^ I loved that special feature, "a look back at season one" it was hilarious

Comment

The triple Martin commentaries are my absolute favorites.

Although the Martin/Joe/David commentary for "Conversion" is a very close second. And I actually quote Martin Gero's "I have a crazy job" comment from "Hot Zone" when explaining to people why I want to write for television.
                            They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                            Spoiler:
                            Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                              i was watching the commentaries today^^ I loved that special feature, "a look back at season one" it was hilarious
                              LOL! That was brilliant. I have to say, Paul was just so cute!!! And Rainbow was goofy. LOL!

Cheers1
                              Em
                              Emerald

Comment

Working...
                              X