This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomsday Question...

When the Doctor used his trick to suck the Daleks and the Cybermen into the void, why didn't the Tardis go in to, because it was covered in void particals.
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
    The Alliance is born!!!!

Magnets..... what?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Either A) Magnets B) Plothole C) Tardis has anti-void stuff spray all over it.

Take your pick

Comment

Plotholes? In Doctor who? NEVER!

I'm guessing indeed, the magnets. Or Torchwood's looked it up someplace safe. Or.... erm, he's got another Tardis in his pocket? They're bigger on the inside, you know.
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          he's got another Tardis in his pocket? They're bigger on the inside, you know.
          I think that he had it in his pocket now. lol
          The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Its the tardis thats the answer

An easier question would be why is the inside bigger than the outside or why a show like big brother continues to be shown on tv even though its [insert swear word]

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by beale947 View Post
              Its the tardis thats the answer

An easier question would be why is the inside bigger than the outside or why a show like big brother continues to be shown on tv even though its [insert swear word]
              easy, it is 5 dimensional, you can fit the earth in my left hand pocket, if my left hand pocket was 5th dimensional

Comment

The Tartis goes over the void all time so it is unaffected by it's pull.
                Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                new enemy of the Ori
                At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post

Tartis?! Its TARDIS
                  Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
                    And that's a completely illogical argument. That's a reason FOR it to get pulled in.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Here's the most reasonable explanation. The TARDIS, having been through the void fewer times than either the Doctor or Rose was pulled even less forcefully than they were... and they were able to keep themselves in place by holding onto a stationary object. The TARDIS was 45 floors below the lever room, and was thus separated from the open Void by 45 floors of concrete and steel. More than enough to keep her from being pulled through.

On a side note, this question is starting to become the "What does the Ninth Chevron Do?" of Doctor Who.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Given that the TARDIS can resist the gravitational pull of a black hole, a bit of a tug from the void seems trivial in comparison.

Comment

Oh, come on! It's the freaking TARDIS, she can do pretty much anything. Don't ask how, it's Time Lord tech. No way we would understand!
                          *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

MAybe, but I doubt that a blackhole's pull is the same as that of the void's. And 45 floors doesn't explain it as their where Cybermen from India that where getting sucked into the void, so steel shouldn't have done it.
                            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
                              And 45 floors doesn't explain it as their where Cybermen from India that where getting sucked into the void, so steel shouldn't have done it.
                              Yes it does. Pay attention...

"It shouldn't be too bad for us, but the Daleks and Cybermen are steeped in void stuff. They lived inside the void. They're bristling with it." When the void opened, the Daleks and Cybermen were pulled with force because they were soaked in "void stuff." The Doctor and Rose, who both had only been through the void a couple times, were pulled gently enough that they could hold themselves in place with just their dinky little arms gripping a stationary object.

The TARDIS had been through the Void even fewer times than either the Doctor or Rose, so it would have been pulled even weaker than they. If their arms were enough to hold them, then a whole building of Canary Wharf architecture was surely enough to hold the old girl in place.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X