• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: David Hewlett (Rodney McKay)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    A KALEIDOSCOPE OF McKAY
    GateWorld talks with David Hewlett

GateWorld.net spends Christmas catching up with David Hewlett and Season Three of Stargate Atlantis!

READ MORE ...
    Last edited by Darren; 17 April 2007, 11:07 AM.

I enjoyed the interview with David. He sounds very charming. And he really DOES talk a mile a minute.

David Hewlett and our GW David. What a great combination.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Great interview David! It just reaffirms to me how "cool" () Mr. Hewlett really is.
      Last edited by David; 25 December 2006, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Extremely cool interview with David. It was great to see him open up that way. Finally someone who talks as fast as I do when I'm excited - my wife got a kick out of that. I didn't think my question was THAT much of a bomb, but he answered it beautifully - THANK YOU for using it (btw, it's pronounced "Zim" ) Thanks again for the great interview! Looking forward to pt. 2

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

I always ask that you include either the correct way to pronounce your alias or your actual name -- something a midwestern boy can reliably pronounce. Otherwise I go at it blind and sound more like an idiot than I do just by myself.

Comment

Thanks for the nice interview. That was fun to read. I love David's sense of humor and just the way he talks in general, very honest and upfront. Interview just keeps you want to ask more questions just to listen to him say more!!!
            Can't wait for the second part of the interview
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Does the second part also include more fan questions or just this part?

I liked this part of the interview. I liked how he went into the Hewlettisms, as I had wondered who exactly coined the phrase and that he's got a very comical relationship with his sister has he always joked around when talking about her.

sigpic

Comment

Best Christmas Present Gateworld could give! Thank you to both Davids! Always wonderful to hear from David on how Mckay tics. And neat stuff about the split-screen acting. He is indeed very "cool".

Can't wait for part two!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  I always ask that you include either the correct way to pronounce your alias or your actual name -- something a midwestern boy can reliably pronounce. Otherwise I go at it blind and sound more like an idiot than I do just by myself.
                  no biggie... it actually sounded more interesting that way regardless, thanks again for picking the question I was impressed with how forthright David Hewlett was.... Rodney McKay may be the resident supergenius of SGA, but David Hewlett strikes me as being a rather intelligent individual himself. I've gotta give kudos to GW David, he did a great job with him (heck, I've been impressed with ALL of the GW interviewers - they seem to have a wonderful rapport with the actors/crew/etc.).

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Yes, David, very good interview. You sound like you really have a handle on production and directing. Have you been keeping another life secret from us?
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Awesome interview, bring on part 2!

Comment

I agree that it's a shame that they cut the Carson scene from Tao, but otherwise good interview. (Little long on the technical aspects of movie making)

Thank you both Davids! Can't wait for part 2.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by im_meli
                        More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Squeeee, what a christmas present can't wait to hear part 2! Thanks to both the Davids for bringing this to us!

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

Great interview I love David He gives a great interview and the interviewer was great nice

Can't wait for part 2
                            Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Awesome!

DH is always just "On"!
                              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X