X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf??im confused please help!!

hey there,

could someone please explain how the cylons can keep ressurecting if the ressurection ship was destroyed last season?? what was the point of destroying it at all it doesnt seem to have done anything?

There are other ressurection ships.

Comment

ok thx that explains it but then wat was the point of them risking their lives to destroy it when ultimately it didnt really make much difference?

Comment

there was none, but RDM doesn't like to deal with those sort of continuity problems.

he just needed a plot point for the whole Cain/Adama story...something to bring the two ships together again.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

also... embyros are limited... they can only clone as fast as they can find eggs... so they set the cylons back quite a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
            there was none, but RDM doesn't like to deal with those sort of continuity problems.

he just needed a plot point for the whole Cain/Adama story...something to bring the two ships together again.
            No point?! How do you figure? The Resurrection Ship embodied a fall-back position to Cylon agents working within the fleet. Without the Resurrection ship available to them, they would be forced to go underground and cease all attempts at sabotage, thereby effectively eliminating the threat from Cylon infiltrators completely for the near future. Think of it like this; how many Cylons would be ready to blow themselves up ala Doral in 'Litmus' when they know that when they die, they're really dead?

Moreover, apart from the obvious advantages concerning morale, the destruction of the Resurrection ship would once again demonstrate to the Cylons that the survivors are indeed prepared to fight back, ala Adama's reasoning for attacking the Tylium refinery in 'The Hand of God'.

Now, obviously the Fleet would have realised that the Cylons could simply rebuild it, but the few months of comparative safety from internal sabotage would have been mighty tempting to say the least. It was a risky move to destroy the Resurrection Fleet, but it was no doubt extremely advantageous to do so.
            Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
            Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
            Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
            - Serenity

Comment

Cylon related "mysteries" make my head hurt.

All of the related questions keep coming....and the cylon clones
              seem to keep coming too.

I am starting to believe that the cylon cloning is somehow directly
              related to the amount of questions asked relating to their cloning etc.

The more we seem to ask....the more clones they seem to be
              able to pop out.

Just maybe...if we could somehow stop asking about the cylon cloning...it might somehow hinder their abilty to produce more clones etc.

An awkward idea....but one worth thinking about...for maybe three
              seconds.
              .....and then questions with continue to roll in and in and in...they will never
              stop coming......and neither will the cylon clones.
              Damn those shifty cylons...they know us too well....they are somehow using us to help reproduce themselves.
              .......but maybe then won't they be hurting themselves if they get rid of all the humans?...*if* it is that they get rid of all of the humans...afterall...they *do* have a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Winst View Post
                Cylon related "mysteries" make my head hurt.

All of the related questions keep coming....and the cylon clones
                seem to keep coming too.

I am starting to believe that the cylon cloning is somehow directly
                related to the amount of questions asked relating to their cloning etc.

The more we seem to ask....the more clones they seem to be
                able to pop out.

Just maybe...if we could somehow stop asking about the cylon cloning...it might somehow hinder their abilty to produce more clones etc.

An awkward idea....but one worth thinking about...for maybe three
                seconds.
                .....and then questions with continue to roll in and in and in...they will never
                stop coming......and neither will the cylon clones.
                Damn those shifty cylons...they know us too well....they are somehow using us to help reproduce themselves.
                .......but maybe then won't they be hurting themselves if they get rid of all the humans?...*if* it is that they get rid of all of the humans...afterall...they *do* have a plan.
                Cylons aren't cloning humans. There's likely a form of manufacture for the new bodies - and we've yet to see the specifics. There's no evidence whatsoever as far as I know that the Cylons need humans in order to create new bodies for members of the 7 known models at any stage of the manufactor of new Cylon bodies.

Comment

Actually if you think about it the Colonials had no way of knowing how many Resurrection Ships there might be.

Admiral Cain assumed there was just the one. But in reality it must have been part of that Cylon Force rather than the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike4rest View Post
                    Actually if you think about it the Colonials had no way of knowing how many Resurrection Ships there might be.

Admiral Cain assumed there was just the one. But in reality it must have been part of that Cylon Force rather than the only one.
                    i guess there are more Resurrection Ships around... since there is range at which they can operate (download Cylon minds into new bodies). my guess is that each Cylon fleet involved in attack on Colonies had one.

and when Adama destroyed the one that was attached to the fleet following Galactica, Cylons sent replacemnt... simple as that...
                    VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

there are more than one
                      in the recent episodes, there is one with the cylon fleet

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3 View Post
                        there are more than one
                        in the recent episodes, there is one with the cylon fleet
                        Is that true?....was one or more actually shown on camera in a recent episode from the third season?

Exactly which/what cylon fleet are are you talking about?

Do we even know what the heck a cylon fleet actually is/represents?
                        ...to my eyes they just keep popping up and in with new basestars etc.
                        Is there info out and about describing the "cylon fleet" specs in detail?...from
                        a show bible?..or some remarks from a producer/writer?

Comment

I've always had the idea that the cylons might have somewhat limited means to pop out some new human cylons from a facility within some or all of their
                          basestar ships.

Maybe not full bore facilties type of stuff....but certainly more than enough to do the job that needs to get done...especially in "emergency" out of reach type of situations.
                          Since we don't know/understand the tech involved or needed..we don't know if this is possible or not.
                          If it was possible to do a scaled down facilty...I would assume that the cylons would have a set up like this.

Also...........something else that they might have in place somehow is
                          some kind of relay system to operate over distances.
                          We don't know the tech....so we can only assume how the operations
                          go....but the idea of being able to relay the "download" over distances
                          would seem like a nifty idea...if possible...as would the abilty to store
                          "downloads" over time when a new body isn't available...is possible to do.

These ideas don't seem to be the way things are in the BSG universe...but since we don't know for sure...we can play with the ideas.
                          It certainly helps out their stories when they have the chance that a cylon can actually "die" off instead of zipping off to a new skin.

An interesting idea towards the end of the series might be a way of
                          getting rid of the cylons by not killing them...but maybe somehow packing them up for storage on a memory system of some sort.
                          That way they'd be gone...but still around...who knows...it's just an idea...probably borrowed from a Star Trek episode.

....with a twist it could maybe be the cylons somehow "downloading" and packing away the humans into some kind of a memory system.

Comment

Working...
                          X