Quantum Leap Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantum Leap Discussion/Appreciation

Beginning June 28, reruns of "Quantum Leap" will return to the SciFi Channel on a daily basis -- at 2am.

Here's the link for their website:

http://www.scifi.com/quantum/

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

sweet!

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Thanks Morjana, i've never gotten to see the show,so heres my chance
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I have just read an interview that basicly conferms that a new Quantum leap series is being made. its at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Oct4.html

and the bit about QL is;
        Harrisburg, Pa.: "Quantum Leap" was one of the greatest shows of all times. I recall when it was cancelled, someone stating that there is always a possibility that the show could return someday. I know it has been several years, but is there still some chance of reviving the show and giving it a second chance?

Donald P. Bellisario: I am working with Universal's scifi channel to create a new Quantum Leap which would have Stockwell as a regular and Scott Bakula appearing at least in the first episode which would introduce a young female leaper.

hopefuly this will explain some stuff in the last QL episode about why Sam never made it home

Comment

I heard this rumor a long while ago, but then it was a telemovie. It'd seem sensible to me if they are going to do a female leaper, it should be Sammy Jo.

Comment

Hmmm... I guess it could be interesting if they actually put some effort into it... Hmmm...
            There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Yea, the rumor is that Sammy Jo (Sam's daughter or cousin) is going to be contacted by Al, like 4 days after the original show ended. And she will be on a mission to find him and stuff. It seems hot.

But I don't like the name. Sam & Sammy!? Why not Samantha/Sam/Sammy? Seems kinda odd to me. But w\e.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

perhaps sammy is supposed to be Samantha but they choose Sammy to have it similar to Sam.

i think having a new QL series or even a movie to help get Sam home. i was never happy that the series ended saying the Sam never made it home. i wouldn't be to happy with Dean Stockwell being a regular. if he is supposed to keep in contact with Sammy then how is he also supposed to keep in contact with Sam? it would be something like that which would annoy me.

if a movie or new series is done, i would definitely want more about the evil leapers

sigpic

Comment

This was on Dark Horizons a few weeks ago.

A couple of rumours have begun floating around in regards to the storyline of the proposed "Quantum Leap" reinvention currently in development and two sources have propped in with what they've heard:

"Starting sometime in January, Don Bellasario is making the new "Quantum Leap" movie currently using the working sub-title "A Bold Leap Forward". It's tipped to start out as a two-hour TV movie with a series to follow pending the movie's results.

The two hour feature is rumoured to have Dean Stockwell (Al) looking for Sam whose leaps they can no longer track. Al finds him but loses him again, so he gets Sam's daughter to go looking for him. Scott Bakula is tipped to randomly appear throughout the series starting with the movie".

Soon after that, another source said it has been confirmed by Trey Callway that Sam's daughter Sammy Jo will be used in the movie. She will be in her late 30's leaping to find Sam with Al as her guide after finding out that Sam is her father. Sam will be 50 and his daughter will be in her late 30's, and yes it will still have time travel in it as before.

Personally I like this idea. I loved Quantum Leap. It was a great show and this would be a nice way to continue it cause I hate the way they ended the show with Sam not getting home.

Comment

Quantum Leap was until recently my all-time favourite series, only recently surpassed by Stargate (and then only cos QL ended a decade ago, and had the WORST ending of a series in history - I'm still traumatised).
                    In fact (PTB TAKE NOTE) I'm still so traumatised it has influenced my willingness to buy the newly released DVD's

I would LOVE to see a mini-series to address the abysmal ending to the show, with Sam and Al, but with Scott Bakula committed to Enterprise, I guess they figure that won't happen and so are going with the series. Can't say I'm wildly enthused with this whole good-evil leaper thing. I'd give it a go cos I loved the old series so much, but give me SAM AND AL!

Comment

You know, for a rushed ending, I liked it. Because it was unheard of. It was a happily ever after tale. It was ironic, and awesome, but not as awesome as it should have been.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

happily ever after??
                        um, were we watching the same show?? I liked that they got Al back together with his wife, but Sam leaping off into nothingness!!! man, I cried like a little baby! Yes, it was ironic, and shocking and I live in perpetual fear that other shows will follow their example It just feels like a piss poor way to reward the viewers who followed the show thru numerous time slots etc for years.

Comment

Space: Above & Beyond ended with half the main characters dead and the others shattered by what had happened. Even THAT was better than the nightmare that was the end of Quantum Leap. IMO, of course. But seriously... Sam never gets home?! That's the most horrible ending they could have done. It was a great finale up until those stupid little words on the screen. I don't think any other finale left me feeling as horribly gypped and outraged as Quantum Leap. I actually yelled at my TV. And then, like KG, I burst into tears. No way I would ever consider THAT to be a "happily ever after" ending. Yay for Al's wife, but what about Al's best friend?? Doomed to spend the rest of his life Leaping?? No way, dude.

I'm very skeptical about this new series. I guess we'll see what happens.

Comment

TrekToday has a very in-depth article on this. Read it here.
                            Rocky

Comment

This is really old news. Scott Bakula went to UPN and asked if they wanted to bring the show back, the next day they called him and asked if he wanted to do a Star Trek instead. Really should have done QL.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X