X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG1 Books, Best?

Hi,
    I would like to get some stargate sg1 books for christmas just something to read while im off school..

I have seen many many books on amazon and many authors,
    Im just wondering has anyone read any good books?
    I was wondering if you have read the books whos your favourite author?
    and where do i start? what books the first ?

Thanks So Much.
    Andy.

Originally posted by Abydosgater View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to get some stargate sg1 books for christmas just something to read while im off school..

I have seen many many books on amazon and many authors,
    Im just wondering has anyone read any good books?
    I was wondering if you have read the books whos your favourite author?
    and where do i start? what books the first ?

Thanks So Much.
    Andy.
    I've read the first seven of the Fandemonium SG-1 books - I don't think you can go far wrong with any of them.

http://www.stargatenovels.com/

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Avoid the Roc ones, though.

The two-parter "A Matter of Honor" and "The Cost of Honor" are probably the best of the Fandemonium bunch.

Comment

I enjoyed and would reccomend all the Fandimonium SG1 books, except the fourth one.

I haven't read any of their Atlantis books but other people who have seemed to think that they were good.

It's a pretty good hit rate. I used to buy DS9 novelisations and a good number of them were almost un-readable with unrecognisable characters and poor storylines. Fandamonium have a much better batting average.

I particularly enjoyed Matter of Honour and it's sequel, Cost of Honour and also Sacrifice Moon.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

avoid the ones by Ashley McConnell or Bil McCay

Ashley's are mediocre at best (roc thought that since she'd writtne quantum leap novelizations she'd do a fantastic job on stargate...and she then did all her research online at fan sites...and had an editor that didn't know that Amanda Carter wan't a character in the show)

and bill McCay's are just an AU ending to the movie. cool if you like daniel and jack, but there's nothing there if you like sam or teal'c
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Guys, IM going to go with the Fandimonium ones!
            Hehe thanks

Comment

Working...
            X