Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news on possible dates of the stargate films?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on possible dates of the stargate films?

Someone here is bound to have some sort of idea...

It was announced that there would be three films to continue on from series 10 of SG-1 - do we have any idea of when filming would start?

Sorry to be a pest if it has already posted, however when I tried finding the question in the "search" option... I couldnt find anything!

Cheers!

Sy~

As far as I know there are no dates, I'd imagine they'd start filming sometime after Christmas and then be ready for early summer... all specualtion though...

Comment

I believe they said they were looking at a fall 2007 release.

Comment

Originally posted by SyMaxian~ View Post
        It was announced that there would be three films
        Sy~
        two films: One done by Cooper to finish the Ori plot, one done by Wright that apparently involves time travel.

Comment

Three would be better IMO, ya know, a trilogy.
          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Information that came out of the recent con appearance by Michael Shanks in Burbank says that they will be starting to film both movies in March and be aiming for a fall release on DVD. No word yet on if they will be airing on Sci Fi or not....(in my opinion they should aim to have them aired by some other channel and give Sci Fi the virtual bird, but that's just me. )

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
            Photobucket

Comment

Hopefully they tie the series up properly. Nothing is more irritating then a great series with a disappointing ending.

Also, hopefully I have a new TV by then. 17" of Stargate goodness is okay, but 37" of Stargate goodness will be better!
              sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Don't they need a script?

Is the script even written yet?

Wait, it's Devlin making the film. . . nevermind. He doesn't need one. Just lots and lots of CGI and a rough and tumble military guy paired with a nerdy scientist.

Comment

well hopefully those films will also be released here in europe
                  and when atlantis finaly gives out (shouldn't be long if they keep the current writers) they should waith a few years and do a thirth series with the good writers form sg1

Comment

What are you crapping on about? Devlin did a fantastic job with stargate. He turned what was possibly a crappy script into something beyond expectation and with half the budget. Dont listen to those idiots like Ebert and the other revievers (****) they dont know a good movie when it hits them. I for one hope that devlin gets to finish the trilogy he and emmerich were supposed to have worked on.

Comment

Something about a summer release, shortly after the series finale.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                        Three would be better IMO, ya know, a trilogy.
                        Why? The trillogy method of storytelling is overused. Why can't 2 films be enough? Quality over Quantity.

The Kiryu Saga (Godzilla X Mechagodzilla and Godzilla: Tokyo SOS) is a good example of a good two part series.

Apparently even Uwe Boll has trillogy feaver, for rumors have been floating around that he wants to make a Bloodrayne trillogy (Bloodrayne II: Deliverance has already been anounced [snicker]).

But yeah, I'm not greedy-two films are fine (and it's a nice even number)

Comment

^^ Not forgetting Terminator, why couldn't they just leave the first two alone?!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            ^^ Not forgetting Terminator, why couldn't they just leave the first two alone?!
                            Thats Hollywood for you

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
                              Wait, it's Devlin making the film. . .
                              Say what? Devlin's not involved in any way.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X