This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just how many Ha'tak are left by now?

It seems every season atleast two Ha'tak go up in smoke (Occaisionally alot more!) Since the Jaffa nation is now in chaos after
    Spoiler:
    the loss of Dakara
    It would be unlikely that anyone has the resources to build more Ha'tak (and my resources, I don't just mean raw materials. I mean man-power, knowledge, and the time considering that most are probably running from the Ori ships, or trying to take them out).

How many Ha'tak are left? In the beginning of the show, there were atleast 200 beacause in 'Fair game', Thor said that the system lords had the power to send a fleet 100x the strength of Apophis's Ha'tak. and last time I checked, 100x2=200

So I'll try to count the amount of Ha'tak lost (not counting flag-ships, and custom designs) possible spoilers:

season 2:
    the serpant's lair-2 Ha'tak

season3:
    The devil you know-1 Ha'tak
    Pretense-1 Ha'tak

Season4:
    The serpent's venom-4-6 Ha'tak
    Exodus--atleast 5 Ha'tak

Season6:
    descent-1 Ha'tak
    Full Circle-atleast 5-6 Ha'tak

Season7:
    Orpheus-1 Ha'tak
    Lost City part 2-atleast 31 Ha'tak (as it is stated that Anubis has more that 30 ha'tak.

Season8:
    Reckoning-exact number unknown, but likely very high. at -very- least 2 ha'tak.
    Threads-several Jaffa Ha'tak, atleast 3 (not shown, but mentioned)

Season9:
    Beachhead-2 Ha'tak
    Off the Grid-1 Ha'tak
    Camelot-5 Ha'tak, but likely more.

Season10:
    Flesh and blood-5 Ha'tak (Bra'tac's 3, 1 Jaffa at Chulak, and 1 lucian alliance)
    Counterstrike-3 Ha'tak
    Company of thieves-1 Ha'tak

This is a total of 73 H'tak lost since the beginning of the show, leaving 127 left, perhaps less. If I forgot some, please say so.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

There was also that episode with the Tok'ra intel on almost all Ha'tak, was it Threads?

Comment

Im sure ship construction was ongoing. Remember Aphopis's shipyards from the armband episode, and the shipyard from the bratac and ryack enslaved episode?

With ongoing conflict between system lords and other species there is no real way of knowing, but theres nothing to really dismiss that number as its reasonable.

Spoilers for later seasons
      Spoiler:

Can u beleive what a crappy job the guaould did reverse engineering their ships from the ancient remains they found? From ships that take years to travel between stars to the human/asgard engines that travel galaxies within weeks. Pft they got pwned.

"Humans can kick the crap out of anything."

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
        There was also that episode with the Tok'ra intel on almost all Ha'tak, was it Threads?
        I think it was from reckoning part 1, from what we see on the screen it wouldn't suprise me if there were atleast a few thousand Ha'taks in the MW...

Comment

ok in camalot they jaffa lost atleast 10-20 hatak

Comment

What would be really cool if we find out that there is some piece of Ancient tech in every Ha'tak with a hardcoded password to turn it into your control

Kinda like stardestroyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
              ok in camalot they jaffa lost atleast 10-20 hatak
              There were 12 hataks b/c i counted. Then the other 3 hataks in control of the lucian alliance showed up

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                What would be really cool if we find out that there is some piece of Ancient tech in every Ha'tak with a hardcoded password to turn it into your control

Kinda like stardestroyers.
                that would be cool but sadly not going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  I think it was from reckoning part 1, from what we see on the screen it wouldn't suprise me if there were atleast a few thousand Ha'taks in the MW.
                  Hundreds, not thousands.

Originally posted by Battera View Post
                  It seems every season atleast two Ha'tak go up in smoke (Occaisionally alot more!) Since the Jaffa nation is now in chaos after
                  Spoiler:
                  the loss of Dakara
                  It would be unlikely that anyone has the resources to build more Ha'tak (and my resources, I don't just mean raw materials. I mean man-power, knowledge, and the time considering that most are probably running from the Ori ships, or trying to take them out).

How many Ha'tak are left? In the beginning of the show, there were atleast 200 beacause in 'Fair game', Thor said that the system lords had the power to send a fleet 100x the strength of Apophis's Ha'tak. and last time I checked, 100x2=200
                  They were capable of sending a fleet like that.
                  Thor is somewhat of a precisionist so I assume he was speaking litterally.
                  But it is likely that there are more Hat'tak then that.

How many system lords were there?
                  Each probably had a dozen.
                  Anubis had many more than 30+ but they were all he believed he needed.

Comment

Each ruling system lord we have encountered must have had his own shipyard, to expand his power without taking a world. So that's and (hathor, herur and yu didn't have a dominant position.) With four guaranteed shipyards, how long could it take to build one hatak?
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                      Each ruling system lord we have encountered must have had his own shipyard, to expand his power without taking a world. So that's and (hathor, herur and yu didn't have a dominant position.) With four guaranteed shipyards, how long could it take to build one hatak?
                      Hathor never really had a dominant possition.

But Yu did. He would certainly have a shipyard, if not many more.

Comment

About Camelot, we see five ha'tak get destroyed. Some could've escaped, but just weren't mentioned, and when we see those lights go away in 'reckoning' could've been the replicators just infecting the Ha'tak and shutting the beacons off.
                        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                          Hundreds, not thousands.
                          No, I said thousands, which part of my post didn't you understand?

It's my opinion there is/was thousands of Ha'taks in the MW, atleast at the begining of Reckoning. Jackob shows Jack one tiny part of the MW and there looks like there are almost 100 dots on the screen, each dot being a Ha'tak.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            No, I said thousands, which part of my post didn't you understand?
                            Excuse me. I was saying you were wrong.
                            I understood your post very thouroughly.

It's my opinion there is/was thousands of Ha'taks in the MW, atleast at the begining of Reckoning. Jackob shows Jack one tiny part of the MW and there looks like there are almost 100 dots on the screen, each dot being a Ha'tak.
                            Really? Evidence?
                            Screenshot?
                            Thank you.

This is all I could come up with:
                            http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ng%5F0430.html
                            I counted 77 red dots in that image, if each is a Hat'tak then there are about 77 Hat'taks in that sector +- 2.
                            However, I have not been able to directly determine how large a section of the Galaxy that image represents.
                            I would need to see that section of the episode again.
                            Last edited by An-Alteran; 02 December 2006, 04:43 PM.

Comment

The section was tiny, like 1/30th or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X