Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Legacy Discussion Thread

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...(que)id=132563

Mad Doc Software is currently whipping into shape a new Star Trek title for PC and Xbox 360, it's being reported. It's named Star Trek: Legacy and is nestling itself into the action-strategy genre.

According to STGU (Star Trek Gaming Universe) forums, first word on the game has appeared in US magazine Game Informer, which reveals that Legacy's single-player campaign is spread over three Star Trek timelines (Original Series, The Next Generation and Enterprise). It's said the player will always be fighting on behalf of the Federation with, as you might expect, key opponents reflecting the TV series' major enemies in each era. In order to intertwine the eras, the storyline features the Iconians, a race which apparently boasts presence in all three timelines.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Star Trek: Legacy For The 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6RzZo--Zs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib01b-bjk9w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWDNDO59Ws

Some cool gameplay stuff. I bought the Xbox 360 just for this game. The gameplay looks great and I can't wait to get this game and play online.

Comment

Neat. Kind of reminds me of Klingon Academy. I'm sure I'll be giving this a try, probably on my PC though. My GeForce 7800 GS certainly outperforms my PS2 and I'm really not interested in buying a Box.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Indeed DigiFluid, I'd rather play Star Trek: Legacy on the PC. And like yourself, I'm not interested in consoles, and I don't have the funds to buy a console either. Besides, I feel RTS games play better with a keyboard and mouse.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I prefer console play but can't afford to get a 360 at the moment and my PC probably wont even run the game - which is a shame because I'm wetting myself over it.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            I prefer console play but can't afford to get a 360 at the moment and my PC probably wont even run the game - which is a shame because I'm wetting myself over it.
            When I saw the ships going against the Borg cube I was wetting myself too.

Comment

Wow, it definitely looks pretty sweet.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That's looks like a sweet game but I can't wait for Tactical Assault for the DS (I don't own a 360, it's kind of expensive, and i already own a DS (a DS Lite actually)), that looks like a sweet game.

TrekCore Links

Tactical Assault
                Legacy
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                  My GeForce 7800 GS
                  DUDE! Those are so good! They're like $400!!!
                  I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I got mine for $350 CAD (including shipping) off eBay
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      That's looks like a sweet game but I can't wait for Tactical Assault for the DS (I don't own a 360, it's kind of expensive, and i already own a DS (a DS Lite actually)), that looks like a sweet game.

TrekCore Links

Tactical Assault
                      Legacy
                      Well I'm getting old and I don't think I would like the DS. Oan on the 360 front, they might get a drop in price this winter. And that's when the game should come out.

Comment

going to be the best trek game ever i cant wait for its release

Comment

These games look great. It will be nice to get some new Trek to play.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                            These games look great. It will be nice to get some new Trek to play.
                            Plus it has online multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
                              Plus it has online multiplayer.
                              Will the Xbox and PC users be able to duke it out together online or will there we all be stuck within our respective formats? I remember when Quake 3 came out for the Dreamcast, there were servers that allowed both console and PC users to join the same servers.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                              X