Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you blame for The Ori situation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Vladius
    Actually the army was already being assembled. It can be assumed that the Ori have done galaxy wide invasions before.
    I'm pretty sure that all started after Daniel and Vala's first visit. I seem to recall that it was a new thing that Tomin got conscripted into.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

For more direct responsibility, I would have to give that to Vala, since it was her inability to blend in that first tipped off the Ori's followers. If she'd been able to stay under cover, then Daniel could have found out about the Ori, and then returned to the SGC without tipping off the Ori.
      Originally posted by amconway View Post
      Actually, that's a darn good point. There were all kinds of reasons to find the hidden cache and to try the stones, but there wasn't much excuse for Vala's failure to engage her brain. Especially for someone who supposedly makes her living on the sly. Still, I don't think anything happened that wouldn't have happened anyway.
      [

Yep Vala the con artist who can swindle the best. Yet can't keep her mouth shut if/when her life depends on it.

Daniel had found out enough about the Ori to be concerned, especially for a genius. He didn't use his brain either.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Daniel had found out enough about the Ori to be concerned, especially for a genius. He didn't use his brain either.
        What would you have had him do? He was grasping at straws while they were turning Vala into a human torch.

Comment

Actually, that's a darn good point. There were all kinds of reasons to find the hidden cache and to try the stones, but there wasn't much excuse for Vala's failure to engage her brain. Especially for someone who supposedly makes her living on the sly. Still, I don't think anything happened that wouldn't have happened anyway.
          But if Vala had never blown her's and Daniel's cover, then they could have spent their time quietly learning about the Ori from the other rebels with the Doci and others being none the wiser. Then when the SGC finally got them disconnected, Daniel and Vala would be back with all that information, and as a bonus the bodies they temporarily inhabited would hopefully not be burnt alive. (I really didn't like that part of Origin, those two getting killed because Vala couldn't keep quiet )

If it wasn't for the Doci finding out that Daniel and Vala were from another galaxy, would the Ori have ever launched their campaign against the Milky Way, if they hadn't bothered to do so for centuries?

sigpic

Comment

i blame the politicians as they are so easy to blame. oh and McDonalds for the same reason
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

But if Vala had never blown her's and Daniel's cover, then they could have spent their time quietly learning about the Ori from the other rebels with the Doci and others being none the wiser. Then when the SGC finally got them disconnected, Daniel and Vala would be back with all that information, and as a bonus the bodies they temporarily inhabited would hopefully not be burnt alive. (I really didn't like that part of Origin, those two getting killed because Vala couldn't keep quiet )

If it wasn't for the Doci finding out that Daniel and Vala were from another galaxy, would the Ori have ever launched their campaign against the Milky Way, if they hadn't bothered to do so for centuries?
              That's all true, I'm just saying that I don't think the ascended would have been able to hide the galaxy forever. It might have taken a very long time, but eventually the battle would have been fought. Who's to say how it would have ended if SG-1 wasn't there to stop them?

Comment

That's all true, I'm just saying that I don't think the ascended would have been able to hide the galaxy forever. It might have taken a very long time, but eventually the battle would have been fought. Who's to say how it would have ended if SG-1 wasn't there to stop them?
                Well I'm sure another group of qualified people, armed with the knowledge gained and researched done by SG-1, and those who came after them, would have been on hand to fight the Ori whenever they arrived.

As soon as the first priors come through they could use Daniel's research to find and build the Sangraal, or will have already taken the precaution of finding it and will just have to finish building it. Then they'll likely employ some of Sam's research, or commandeer an Ori ship ala the Shroud if they built a supergate, to find a way to dial into the Ori galaxy and then send it through.

Though honestly, if the Ancients had been shielding the Milky Way for centuries with little trouble, it stands to reason they could continue doing so for several centuries more.

sigpic

Comment

Well I'm sure another group of qualified people, armed with the knowledge gained and researched done by SG-1, and those who came after them, would have been on hand to fight the Ori whenever they arrived.

As soon as the first priors come through they could use Daniel's research to find and build the Sangraal, or will have already taken the precaution of finding it and will just have to finish building it. Then they'll likely employ some of Sam's research, or commandeer an Ori ship ala the Shroud if they built a supergate, to find a way to dial into the Ori galaxy and then send it through.

Though honestly, if the Ancients had been shielding the Milky Way for centuries with little trouble, it stands to reason they could continue doing so for several centuries more.
                  Nope. Sorry, you lost me now. You can't save the universe without SG-1! It just doesn't happen. The galaxy would be doomed. Doomed, I tell you!

Comment

And if it happened later rather than sooner (which I don't think it's inevitable) then our technology may have advanced enough by that time to reach their level or be closer to it.

Nope. Sorry, you lost me now. You can't save the universe without SG-1! It just doesn't happen. The galaxy would be doomed. Doomed, I tell you!
                    LOL! Maybe SG1, The Next Generation, could save us.
                    sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

I blame... Vala, Daniel, Landry, Mitchell, the Ori, the Ancients.
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL! Now I'm picturing SG-1 hobbling up the ramp with walkers, while everyone else at the SGC just stands back in awe as they wait for them to save the world for the 1337th time.

sigpic

Comment

LOL! Now I'm picturing SG-1 hobbling up the ramp with walkers, while everyone else at the SGC just stands back in awe as they wait for them to save the world for the 1337th time.
                          That's why it's better that the Ori invaded when they did rather than later. See? It was all for the best. You don't send the 'B' team to save the galaxy.

Comment

That's why it's better that the Ori invaded when they did rather than later. See? It was all for the best. You don't send the 'B' team to save the galaxy.
                            If it wasn't for the thousands of innocent people killed the process, when it all could have been relatively avoidable, sure.

sigpic

Comment

If it wasn't for the thousands of innocent people killed the process, when it all could have been relatively avoidable, sure.
                              Well, peace doesn't really work as a story arc in an adventure series...

Comment

Well, peace doesn't really work as a story arc in an adventure series...
                                Very true, I just wish the Ori situation had come about in a different way. I mean, Vala can't keep her mouth shut and thus brings the wrath of the Ori down on the Milky Way?? It just seems like a very sloppy way to introduce the villain into the story, not to mention makes Vala out to be a pretty poor thief/con artist.

Then again, that's just the beginning of my issues with the Ori storyline...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X