Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you blame for The Ori situation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true, I just wish the Ori situation had come about in a different way. I mean, Vala can't keep her mouth shut and thus brings the wrath of the Ori down on the Milky Way?? It just seems like a very sloppy way to introduce the villain into the story, not to mention makes Vala out to be a pretty poor thief/con artist.
    That's all true. I just tend to accept these things and move on, problematic or not. To do otherwise makes it difficult to enjoy the story arc. For me, the absences of Sam and Daniel for whole sections was more of an issue, but you can't begrudge people time for family obligations. In fact, one has to commend them.

Comment

personally i blame Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
        That's all true. I just tend to accept these things and move on, problematic or not. To do otherwise makes it difficult to enjoy the story arc. For me, the absences of Sam and Daniel for whole sections was more of an issue, but you can't begrudge people time for family obligations. In fact, one has to commend them.
        I did find it hard to enjoy the Ori story arc, and since there was little else storywise in seasons 9-10, I found in hard to enjoy those seasons as a whole as much as I'd enjoyed the previous ones. It wasn't the presence or absence of any of the characters, but the writing of those characters and the enemy that was just disappointing when I was really looking forward to finally getting to see Stargate live and not via reruns.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
          I know, the stories that were primarily Vala or Cam were very painful to watch. I wanted to FF to the end. I would rather have a root canal than to have to watch "Babylon", "Collateral Damage" "Memento Mori", "Company of Thieves" or "Family Ties" again!
          sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

I blame Kinsey. It all goes back to Kinsey! Follow the money!
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Jack
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ooh HaHa! Kinsey! that is awesome. ; ) I'd love to blame that all on good old Kinsey. Wouldn't that just sum up the ENTIRE canon perfectly! Ultimate villian responsible for inviting more ultimate villians to the MW. But honestly, I think the blame lies mostly with the Ancients. And not just them either, I think the other "great races" need also to share some blame for this mess. If the "great races" weren't so inclined to be so stingy with their advances/technology and understanding of the galaxy, maybe just maybe someone could have put their genius minds together and come up with a solution to the Ori problem. Of course, the problem started when Daniel and Vala ended up in the Ori galaxy, but that really isn't the problem. Obviously, over the years and years, visiting other worlds has caused maybe more problems than good. But even if no one had found and opened the gate, and no travel had ever occured, we know that the Gou'ald...ect would have all eventually come knocking on earth's door anyway. so it is irrelevant. I don't think the blame lies at Daniel and Vala's doorstep (and yes, I am one who feels they share a doorstep) ; ) heehee. anyway, I think there are a lot of more worthy people to blame for the mess than the explorers of teh Tau'ri.

Anyway...that's just how I feel about it. what do you think? ; )
                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I'd blame Daniel Jackson and Vala, but I think the Ori would eventually become a threat anyways.

Comment

What if Morgan was the one who gave Vala the clue to Merlin's treasure on Earth. I know there's no evidence for it, but I think it could have been plausible.

Comment

Really? The writers.
                      In-show, Daniel. Vala was just along for the ride.

The Ori might have come anyway, but as they were in another galaxy - and there are more than a few out there - it might have taken centuries.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I blame Maj. Gen. Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

the tablet
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Can't really blame anyone, Daniel and Vala Didn't know that they were going to bring a worse enemy to there galaxy when they activated the communication device, just human curiosity.
                            But If they didn't we wouldn't have a season 9 and 10 haha
                            sigpic
                            Thank you BBdreamer

Comment

Ori power lust is to blame if blame is to be assigned at all.

It is true that in terms of cause and effect, Vala and Daniel played a major role in the Ori coming into contact with the Milky Way, but this has since turned out to be a good thing. It gave the Milky Way the chance to respond and free the poor humans in the Ori galaxy from their oppression. To wish that Vala and Daniel never contacted them is a sentiment of cowardly isolationists who only succeed in prolonging inevitable conflict, usually after giving the enemy more time to build even more power.

Comment

I don't think anyone was to blame about the Ori situation, although I think the Ancients should have done something about it when the problem arose thousands of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X