Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you blame for The Ori situation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ori themselves

Comment

I blame Vala, but like they said in more than one episodes; The Ori would have shown up eventually.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I blame Apophis............prize for anyone who figures out why............
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

if apophis had destroyed earth, we never wouldve found the device.

i blame the communications terminal. no wait, the people who's bodiesJ+V inhibited

Comment

Actually, the way I see it, the Ori would have come anyway.

Vala just ensured that they would do it early... So I guess she is to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
              I blame Vala, but like they said in more than one episodes; The Ori would have shown up eventually.

And eventually a monkey would write Shakespeare's plays. There's eventually next week and eventually a few thousand/million/billion years.

I blame Vala and her greed. And Daniel and his inability to keep his mouth shut.

suse
              Last edited by suse; 13 May 2009, 07:35 PM.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                THE WRITERS--for coming up with the lamest bad guy in history!
                Well, yes. I was trying to stay in-story. But yeah. The writers (and the showrunner - who was also a writer) for thinking the Ori were a good idea. Boo, I say, BOO!

suse
                Last edited by suse; 13 May 2009, 07:37 PM.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

daniel jackson and vala mal doran are the ones to blame

Comment

As much as I'd like to blame Vala, the blame ultimately falls on Landry. He's in charge and therefore ultimately responsible. He lets them go into these projects half-cocked and use dangerous devices without knowing what the heck they do. Research the thing and if you can't figure out what it does, then don't use it! Yes, we may be missing out on valuable technology, but the flip side is we might avoid drawing the attention of a power hungry, diabolical evil race bent on galactic domination. Just a thought.
                    sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      And eventually a monkey would write Shakespeare's plays. There's eventually next week and eventually a few thousand/million/billion years.

I blame Vala and her greed. And Daniel and his inability to keep his mouth shut.

suse
                      Actually the army was already being assembled. It can be assumed that the Ori have done galaxy wide invasions before.

Comment

I don't see it as a blame thing, so much as an unfortunate confluence of events. Vala lead them to discover the stones, but they were looking for Merlin's artifacts anyway. There's a few things I blame Vala for, but that's not one of them. Daniel revealed the existence of our galaxy, but the alternative was letting Vala be burned alive in front of him. He's just not going to let that happen to anyone. And, as with the stones, it seems unlikely that the existence of the galaxy could have been hidden forever. If it had come at a later time, there may have been no SG-1 to stop them, and particularly, no Daniel with a relationship with the few ascended who could be convinced to help.

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                          As much as I'd like to blame Vala, the blame ultimately falls on Landry. He's in charge and therefore ultimately responsible. He lets them go into these projects half-cocked and use dangerous devices without knowing what the heck they do. Research the thing and if you can't figure out what it does, then don't use it! Yes, we may be missing out on valuable technology, but the flip side is we might avoid drawing the attention of a power hungry, diabolical evil race bent on galactic domination. Just a thought.
                          LOL! Too true.

I do think as SGC commander, the buck stops with Landry. If they were worried about the bracelet connection between Daniel and Vala, then just fix it and wait until it wears off before trying the communications device.

For more direct responsibility, I would have to give that to Vala, since it was her inability to blend in that first tipped off the Ori's followers. If she'd been able to stay under cover, then Daniel could have found out about the Ori, and then returned to the SGC without tipping off the Ori.

sigpic

Comment

For more direct responsibility, I would have to give that to Vala, since it was her inability to blend in that first tipped off the Ori's followers. If she'd been able to stay under cover, then Daniel could have found out about the Ori, and then returned to the SGC without tipping off the Ori.
                            Actually, that's a darn good point. There were all kinds of reasons to find the hidden cache and to try the stones, but there wasn't much excuse for Vala's failure to engage her brain. Especially for someone who supposedly makes her living on the sly. Still, I don't think anything happened that wouldn't have happened anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
                              Actually the army was already being assembled. It can be assumed that the Ori have done galaxy wide invasions before.
                              I think I've only seen season 9 once, but to my recollection they weren't assembling an army until after the Daniel/Vala visit. Didn't Vala talk about it when she was pregnant and in Daniel's body?
                              sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
                                And was it said they were heading for this galaxy?

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X