Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 6 LastLast

Thread: Who do you blame for The Ori situation ?

Default Re: Who do you blame for The Ori situation ?

But if Vala had never blown her's and Daniel's cover, then they could have spent their time quietly learning about the Ori from the other rebels with the Doci and others being none the wiser. Then when the SGC finally got them disconnected, Daniel and Vala would be back with all that information, and as a bonus the bodies they temporarily inhabited would hopefully not be burnt alive. (I really didn't like that part of Origin, those two getting killed because Vala couldn't keep quiet )

If it wasn't for the Doci finding out that Daniel and Vala were from another galaxy, would the Ori have ever launched their campaign against the Milky Way, if they hadn't bothered to do so for centuries?
    That's all true, I'm just saying that I don't think the ascended would have been able to hide the galaxy forever. It might have taken a very long time, but eventually the battle would have been fought. Who's to say how it would have ended if SG-1 wasn't there to stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by amconway View Post
    That's all true, I'm just saying that I don't think the ascended would have been able to hide the galaxy forever. It might have taken a very long time, but eventually the battle would have been fought. Who's to say how it would have ended if SG-1 wasn't there to stop them?
    Well I'm sure another group of qualified people, armed with the knowledge gained and researched done by SG-1, and those who came after them, would have been on hand to fight the Ori whenever they arrived.

As soon as the first priors come through they could use Daniel's research to find and build the Sangraal, or will have already taken the precaution of finding it and will just have to finish building it. Then they'll likely employ some of Sam's research, or commandeer an Ori ship ala the Shroud if they built a supergate, to find a way to dial into the Ori galaxy and then send it through.

Though honestly, if the Ancients had been shielding the Milky Way for centuries with little trouble, it stands to reason they could continue doing so for several centuries more.

Well I'm sure another group of qualified people, armed with the knowledge gained and researched done by SG-1, and those who came after them, would have been on hand to fight the Ori whenever they arrived.

As soon as the first priors come through they could use Daniel's research to find and build the Sangraal, or will have already taken the precaution of finding it and will just have to finish building it. Then they'll likely employ some of Sam's research, or commandeer an Ori ship ala the Shroud if they built a supergate, to find a way to dial into the Ori galaxy and then send it through.

Though honestly, if the Ancients had been shielding the Milky Way for centuries with little trouble, it stands to reason they could continue doing so for several centuries more.
    Nope. Sorry, you lost me now. You can't save the universe without SG-1! It just doesn't happen. The galaxy would be doomed. Doomed, I tell you!

And if it happened later rather than sooner (which I don't think it's inevitable) then our technology may have advanced enough by that time to reach their level or be closer to it.

Nope. Sorry, you lost me now. You can't save the universe without SG-1! It just doesn't happen. The galaxy would be doomed. Doomed, I tell you!
    LOL! Maybe SG1, The Next Generation, could save us.
    "We do get paid for this, right?"

I blame... Vala, Daniel, Landry, Mitchell, the Ori, the Ancients.

LOL! Now I'm picturing SG-1 hobbling up the ramp with walkers, while everyone else at the SGC just stands back in awe as they wait for them to save the world for the 1337th time.

LOL! Now I'm picturing SG-1 hobbling up the ramp with walkers, while everyone else at the SGC just stands back in awe as they wait for them to save the world for the 1337th time.
    That's why it's better that the Ori invaded when they did rather than later. See? It was all for the best. You don't send the 'B' team to save the galaxy.

That's why it's better that the Ori invaded when they did rather than later. See? It was all for the best. You don't send the 'B' team to save the galaxy.
    If it wasn't for the thousands of innocent people killed the process, when it all could have been relatively avoidable, sure.

If it wasn't for the thousands of innocent people killed the process, when it all could have been relatively avoidable, sure.
    Well, peace doesn't really work as a story arc in an adventure series...

Well, peace doesn't really work as a story arc in an adventure series...
    Very true, I just wish the Ori situation had come about in a different way. I mean, Vala can't keep her mouth shut and thus brings the wrath of the Ori down on the Milky Way?? It just seems like a very sloppy way to introduce the villain into the story, not to mention makes Vala out to be a pretty poor thief/con artist.

Then again, that's just the beginning of my issues with the Ori storyline...

Very true, I just wish the Ori situation had come about in a different way. I mean, Vala can't keep her mouth shut and thus brings the wrath of the Ori down on the Milky Way?? It just seems like a very sloppy way to introduce the villain into the story, not to mention makes Vala out to be a pretty poor thief/con artist.
    That's all true. I just tend to accept these things and move on, problematic or not. To do otherwise makes it difficult to enjoy the story arc. For me, the absences of Sam and Daniel for whole sections was more of an issue, but you can't begrudge people time for family obligations. In fact, one has to commend them.

Chief Master Sergeant ShadowCat's Avatar

personally i blame Vala.

That's all true. I just tend to accept these things and move on, problematic or not. To do otherwise makes it difficult to enjoy the story arc. For me, the absences of Sam and Daniel for whole sections was more of an issue, but you can't begrudge people time for family obligations. In fact, one has to commend them.
    I did find it hard to enjoy the Ori story arc, and since there was little else storywise in seasons 9-10, I found in hard to enjoy those seasons as a whole as much as I'd enjoyed the previous ones. It wasn't the presence or absence of any of the characters, but the writing of those characters and the enemy that was just disappointing when I was really looking forward to finally getting to see Stargate live and not via reruns.

I know, the stories that were primarily Vala or Cam were very painful to watch. I wanted to FF to the end. I would rather have a root canal than to have to watch "Babylon", "Collateral Damage" "Memento Mori", "Company of Thieves" or "Family Ties" again!
    "We do get paid for this, right?"

I blame Kinsey. It all goes back to Kinsey! Follow the money!
    Babylon 5

The Rewatch

Jack

Ooh HaHa! Kinsey! that is awesome. ; ) I'd love to blame that all on good old Kinsey. Wouldn't that just sum up the ENTIRE canon perfectly! Ultimate villian responsible for inviting more ultimate villians to the MW. But honestly, I think the blame lies mostly with the Ancients. And not just them either, I think the other "great races" need also to share some blame for this mess. If the "great races" weren't so inclined to be so stingy with their advances/technology and understanding of the galaxy, maybe just maybe someone could have put their genius minds together and come up with a solution to the Ori problem. Of course, the problem started when Daniel and Vala ended up in the Ori galaxy, but that really isn't the problem. Obviously, over the years and years, visiting other worlds has caused maybe more problems than good. But even if no one had found and opened the gate, and no travel had ever occured, we know that the Gou'ald...ect would have all eventually come knocking on earth's door anyway. so it is irrelevant. I don't think the blame lies at Daniel and Vala's doorstep (and yes, I am one who feels they share a doorstep) ; ) heehee. anyway, I think there are a lot of more worthy people to blame for the mess than the explorers of teh Tau'ri.

Anyway...that's just how I feel about it. what do you think? ; )
    Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

I'd blame Daniel Jackson and Vala, but I think the Ori would eventually become a threat anyways.

What if Morgan was the one who gave Vala the clue to Merlin's treasure on Earth. I know there's no evidence for it, but I think it could have been plausible.

Really? The writers.
    In-show, Daniel. Vala was just along for the ride.

The Ori might have come anyway, but as they were in another galaxy - and there are more than a few out there - it might have taken centuries.
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!