Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast

Thread: Who do you blame for The Ori situation ?

Default Re: Who do you blame for The Ori situation ?

ori themselves

Assigned to the Daedalus.... *grumble grumble*

I blame Vala, but like they said in more than one episodes; The Ori would have shown up eventually.

I blame Apophis............prize for anyone who figures out why............
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now.
    Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

if apophis had destroyed earth, we never wouldve found the device.

i blame the communications terminal. no wait, the people who's bodiesJ+V inhibited

Actually, the way I see it, the Ori would have come anyway.

Vala just ensured that they would do it early... So I guess she is to blame.

"O'Neill" is the 4th edition Martial Controller class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiiod View Post
    I blame Vala, but like they said in more than one episodes; The Ori would have shown up eventually.

And eventually a monkey would write Shakespeare's plays. There's eventually next week and eventually a few thousand/million/billion years.

I blame Vala and her greed. And Daniel and his inability to keep his mouth shut.

suse
    Last edited by suse; May 13th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    THE WRITERS--for coming up with the lamest bad guy in history!
    Well, yes. I was trying to stay in-story. But yeah. The writers (and the showrunner - who was also a writer) for thinking the Ori were a good idea. Boo, I say, BOO!

suse
    Last edited by suse; May 13th, 2009 at 07:37 PM.
    Mourning Sanctuary.

daniel jackson and vala mal doran are the ones to blame

As much as I'd like to blame Vala, the blame ultimately falls on Landry. He's in charge and therefore ultimately responsible. He lets them go into these projects half-cocked and use dangerous devices without knowing what the heck they do. Research the thing and if you can't figure out what it does, then don't use it! Yes, we may be missing out on valuable technology, but the flip side is we might avoid drawing the attention of a power hungry, diabolical evil race bent on galactic domination. Just a thought.
    "We do get paid for this, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    And eventually a monkey would write Shakespeare's plays. There's eventually next week and eventually a few thousand/million/billion years.

I blame Vala and her greed. And Daniel and his inability to keep his mouth shut.

suse
    Actually the army was already being assembled. It can be assumed that the Ori have done galaxy wide invasions before.

"O'Neill" is the 4th edition Martial Controller class.

I don't see it as a blame thing, so much as an unfortunate confluence of events. Vala lead them to discover the stones, but they were looking for Merlin's artifacts anyway. There's a few things I blame Vala for, but that's not one of them. Daniel revealed the existence of our galaxy, but the alternative was letting Vala be burned alive in front of him. He's just not going to let that happen to anyone. And, as with the stones, it seems unlikely that the existence of the galaxy could have been hidden forever. If it had come at a later time, there may have been no SG-1 to stop them, and particularly, no Daniel with a relationship with the few ascended who could be convinced to help.

Quote Originally Posted by HPMom View Post
    As much as I'd like to blame Vala, the blame ultimately falls on Landry. He's in charge and therefore ultimately responsible. He lets them go into these projects half-cocked and use dangerous devices without knowing what the heck they do. Research the thing and if you can't figure out what it does, then don't use it! Yes, we may be missing out on valuable technology, but the flip side is we might avoid drawing the attention of a power hungry, diabolical evil race bent on galactic domination. Just a thought.
    LOL! Too true.

I do think as SGC commander, the buck stops with Landry. If they were worried about the bracelet connection between Daniel and Vala, then just fix it and wait until it wears off before trying the communications device.

For more direct responsibility, I would have to give that to Vala, since it was her inability to blend in that first tipped off the Ori's followers. If she'd been able to stay under cover, then Daniel could have found out about the Ori, and then returned to the SGC without tipping off the Ori.

For more direct responsibility, I would have to give that to Vala, since it was her inability to blend in that first tipped off the Ori's followers. If she'd been able to stay under cover, then Daniel could have found out about the Ori, and then returned to the SGC without tipping off the Ori.
    Actually, that's a darn good point. There were all kinds of reasons to find the hidden cache and to try the stones, but there wasn't much excuse for Vala's failure to engage her brain. Especially for someone who supposedly makes her living on the sly. Still, I don't think anything happened that wouldn't have happened anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladius View Post
    Actually the army was already being assembled. It can be assumed that the Ori have done galaxy wide invasions before.
    I think I've only seen season 9 once, but to my recollection they weren't assembling an army until after the Daniel/Vala visit. Didn't Vala talk about it when she was pregnant and in Daniel's body?
    "We do get paid for this, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vladius View Post
    And was it said they were heading for this galaxy?

suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.

Originally Posted by Vladius
    I'm pretty sure that all started after Daniel and Vala's first visit. I seem to recall that it was a new thing that Tomin got conscripted into.

Quote Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

Quote Originally Posted by amconway View Post
    Actually, that's a darn good point. There were all kinds of reasons to find the hidden cache and to try the stones, but there wasn't much excuse for Vala's failure to engage her brain. Especially for someone who supposedly makes her living on the sly. Still, I don't think anything happened that wouldn't have happened anyway.
    [

Yep Vala the con artist who can swindle the best. Yet can't keep her mouth shut if/when her life depends on it.

Daniel had found out enough about the Ori to be concerned, especially for a genius. He didn't use his brain either.

suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.

Daniel had found out enough about the Ori to be concerned, especially for a genius. He didn't use his brain either.
    What would you have had him do? He was grasping at straws while they were turning Vala into a human torch.

Quote Originally Posted by amconway View Post
    But if Vala had never blown her's and Daniel's cover, then they could have spent their time quietly learning about the Ori from the other rebels with the Doci and others being none the wiser. Then when the SGC finally got them disconnected, Daniel and Vala would be back with all that information, and as a bonus the bodies they temporarily inhabited would hopefully not be burnt alive. (I really didn't like that part of Origin, those two getting killed because Vala couldn't keep quiet )

If it wasn't for the Doci finding out that Daniel and Vala were from another galaxy, would the Ori have ever launched their campaign against the Milky Way, if they hadn't bothered to do so for centuries?

i blame the politicians as they are so easy to blame. oh and McDonalds for the same reason
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called