X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
    Well that sucks.
    I agree, hopefully his involvement with Sanctuary will pan into something good for him.

sigpic
    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      This was culled from the Save Beckett thread over on the season 3 forum here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35833) . They killed his character for ratings, pure and simple.

Snippets from Paul McGillion interview in Starburst #347

Just as work on Phantoms was ending, McGillion received some news that would
      affect his future on Atlantis. "We shot most of this story on location, and
      when we got back to the studio for the final day of filming, of the ADs said
      that the producers wanted to talk to me," recalls the actor. "I didn't think
      anything of it. Truthfully, I thought they might be telling me, 'Great job in
      Phantoms'. However, when I went upstairs and they closed the office door, I knew
      it was serious. They said 'Stargate SG-1 isn't being renewed, and we're not
      sure yet if Atlantis is going to be either. We need to shake things up a bit, and
      the long and short of it is we're going to kill off Beckett.'

"Needless to say I was stunned, for lack of a better word. Iddin't see that
      coming at all. Personally, I felt like I was doing a good job on the programme
      and I think the producers thought so as well. I sat there and listened to the
      reasons behind this move and what they were looking to do. I was sad and
      dissappointed by their decision , but yet this is a business. I understand that and
      I respect these guys for giving me the chance to play a character like Carson
      Beckett. I'm not being political when I say that. I'm being honest. Most
      actors never get a dream job like that in their entire career, and I had it for
      three years.

"After they told me, I said 'I'm dissappointed and shocked, but obviously
      you're smart guys. The Stargate franchise has been around for a long time, so you
      know what you're doing. So how do we move on from here? How do you want me to
      handle this?' We would shoot Beckett's final episode [Sunday] out of
      sequence, and the producers asked me if I wanted to leave after that. I said that I
      wanted to finish my contract the way I went into it, with integrity. Not only
      that but I wanted to honour the character as well as the cast and crew that I
      had been working with all this time."
      *confused*
      They already knew when they wrote Sunday/shot Phantoms SG1 isn't being renewed? WHOT? Timeline-wise that doesn't amke any sense unless they knew before season 10 started airing. But that woudln't make sense, because it sounds as if they've already seen the ratings for SGA...

*blink* can I start developing my conspiracy theories now?
      Last edited by Pitry; 19 February 2007, 10:27 AM.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
        I agree, hopefully his involvement with Sanctuary will pan into something good for him.
        That would be a definite plus. Although Paul's a great actor so I'm sure whatever he does next will be stellar.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Working...
        X