X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GW

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/1...o_depart.shtml

Comment

I saw a video clip of N. John Smith saying that...Joe Flanigan was sitting next to him and looked pretty uncomfortable with the whole thing (the Beckett situation, not the con).
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        I saw a video clip of N. John Smith saying that...Joe Flanigan was sitting next to him and looked pretty uncomfortable with the whole thing (the Beckett situation, not the con).
        I bet. It seems like a really uncomfortable situation.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          I bet. It seems like a really uncomfortable situation.
          Doesn't it just! I feel really sorry for Paul and Torri, losing thier jobs, thier livleyhoods just to bring over a charcter most people don't want must be awful for them.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

We reported second-hand information as reported by multiple independent sources. I wasn't there to hear exactly what John Smith said.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

i just saw "Sunday" THE PRODUCERS LIED TO US!!!
              Smith reportedly told fans that Dr. Beckett won't be killed off, but instead will disappear in the second half of the current season.
              Technically it isn't a lie.
              Spoiler:
              Carson fades away when his ghost is talking with Rodney and that can be considered disappearing.

Technically it isn't a lie but it is an attempt to mislead the fans, probably to take heat off of them during the con.
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 21 January 2007, 08:40 AM. Reason: Watched the episode
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
                We actually do know one thing for certain and thats that Paul McGillion didn't leave Atlantis on his own accord. A message from his own site confirms this:
                Spoiler:
                On another note I am truley overwhelmed by the support that is happening for 'Carson Beckett'. Although I can not comment on the situation at this time, please know that I have had the time of my life working on 'Atlantis' and would embrace the chance to keep the good Doctor around!
                Lots of Luv
                Paul

I understand emotions are running high. However, he does not state he was FORCED to leave. He just said if he could he would continue to be the doctor. He doesn't say why he can't. It could be contract or it could be something else beyond his control. (sick family member maybe?)

We cannot ASSUME he has been FIRED based on what LITTLE has been said..
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                  Doesn't it just! I feel really sorry for Paul and Torri, losing thier jobs, thier livleyhoods just to bring over a charcter most people don't want must be awful for them.
                  And just who might that be?

Comment

*Sarcasm*Gee--Torrie is LOSING her job? I thought her statuse was reduced! I had no idea she was FIRED or had been WRITTEN OUT, yet. How did she die? I bet it would be better than an exploding tumor.*sarcasm*

Torri has NOT lost her LIVELYHOOD! She is still employed--how many episodes she will be in has not been annouced. If they annouce she will be in four episodes or less--then you guys can claim mutiny.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

i still miss ford better than ronin. now they are taking the doctor?

Ronin is cool but not as a regular...he's the kind of character you want to be one dimensonal.

Comment

wait weir is leaving too....if they replace carson and weir with jack and sam I'm no bothering with the show anymore.....Atlanis was what got me watching sg1 but I never really liked it as much as atlantis.

I really dont like rdm that much or sam....really. Michael Shanks maybe. but that's it.

but now that bsg is on a different night and sg1 is off i've lost alot of interest in watching anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                          Not all shows are character driven. Stargate is one that, to me, is suppose to be character driven.
                          Shows like CSI and LAW & ORDER are storydriven and can, for the most part, sustain cast loss. SciFi shows honestly are more character driven as fans can be very loyal (intensely) to specific characters.

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
                          We actually do know one thing for certain and thats that Paul McGillion didn't leave Atlantis on his own accord. A message from his own site confirms this:
                          [QUOTE=Jackie;6224541]
                          Spoiler:
                          On another note I am truley overwhelmed by the support that is happening for 'Carson Beckett'. Although I can not comment on the situation at this time, please know that I have had the time of my life working on 'Atlantis' and would embrace the chance to keep the good Doctor around!
                          Lots of Luv
                          Paul

To answer someone else's question, this post on PM's own site does seem to indicate that he would like to continue to work on SGA.

someone said
                          I understand emotions are running high. However, he does not state he was FORCED to leave. He just said if he could he would continue to be the doctor. He doesn't say why he can't. It could be contract or it could be something else beyond his control. (sick family member maybe?)

We cannot ASSUME he has been FIRED based on what LITTLE has been said..
                          However, it does not appear to be his decision. Usually if an actor leaves of their own accofd they have absolutely no problem telling the press, etc. that they're looking for greener pastures, have family stuff to deal with, etc.

I feel it will remain a mystery.

Originally posted by jdog View Post
                          wait weir is leaving too....if they replace carson and weir with jack and sam I'm no bothering with the show anymore.....Atlanis was what got me watching sg1 but I never really liked it as much as atlantis.

I really dont like rdm that much or sam....really. Michael Shanks maybe. but that's it.

but now that bsg is on a different night and sg1 is off i've lost alot of interest in watching anyway.

Comment

I really think you guys really ought to try not to jump the gun just yet. If the producers say he's not going to be "killed off"... I really think we should just wait and see. It's Sci-Fi... and in Sci-Fi, no one TRULY dies. There's always a way to bring them back. All I know is, we havent seen his body. There's still hope. ^^

Five Stages Of Grief:
                            1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
                            RIP SG1 & SGA.
                            .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

I totally disagree with the decision to reduce Wiers role...considering she is the leader of the expedition. It's like getting rid of general landry in sg-1

Comment

I don't think the writers have run out of ideas. His character is very adaptable, and they could put him almost anywhere. (As long as they remember he's a doctor). Maybe they've moved him for that reason.

Originally posted by Mana View Post
                                I really think you guys really ought to try not to jump the gun just yet. If the producers say he's not going to be "killed off"... I really think we should just wait and see. It's Sci-Fi... and in Sci-Fi, no one TRULY dies. There's always a way to bring them back. All I know is, we havent seen his body. There's still hope. ^^
                                I agree. Also, he is an actor, so he could be acting disapointed just to cover some new and exciting plot twist.

All in all, though, this is just speculation/going of rumors.

Comment

Working...
                                X