This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Stunner = Ori Stunner???

Ok, i know that the wraith stunner and the ori stunner are not even remotely connected, but the graphics seem similar, and also, the effect of the weapon is similar.

I wonder if the 2 are based on a similar principle>....
    O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
    Baal: Impudence
    O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Originally posted by Da Vikster the Ori View Post
    Ok, i know that the wraith stunner and the ori stunner are not even remotely connected, but the graphics seem similar, and also, the effect of the weapon is similar.

I wonder if the 2 are based on a similar principle>....
    possible, ori and ancient tech is similar and Wraith tech is derived from ancient so there could be a connection
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

you can consider a zat as a stunner too, two shots doesnt necessarily kill everyone. all have blue waves of energy. you mean like that?
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
        you can consider a zat as a stunner too, two shots doesnt necessarily kill everyone. all have blue waves of energy. you mean like that?
        The first Shot of a Zat causes great pain and render's the subject down, the second kills and sometimes incinerates the object (makes it disappear).

Why don't they use the Gun's from "Rules of Engagement" (Ep. 53.) The Stunner P90's and Pistols. They use those in SG training. It should be better because they shoot rapidly. But I don't know if they have limits on how many they can shoot.

I wonder why they don't bring those to Atlantis (Zat's and P90). They're more portable than those huge Wraith Stunner's.

Comment

well ori and ancients tech weapons are similar, wraith are derived from ancients tech weapon and same goes for gouald weapons,

nearly everything in stargate comes from the ancients or related to them!!!
          sigpic

Comment

appears that asuran guns stun to and they shoot blue, id say thats standard for stun in SG but the guys in sateda were killed by wraith fire (blue pulses of plasma)

3rd shot doesnt vaporize an object anymore, 2nd shot doesnt always kill, in entity (i think) when the comp controls carter she gets shot 3 times and still lives.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
              3rd shot doesnt vaporize an object anymore, 2nd shot doesnt always kill, in entity (i think) when the comp controls carter she gets shot 3 times and still lives.
              If you time the Zat's stun apart then you wouldn't be vaporized, some of the episodes some characters get zat more than once a day and they didn't get vaporized.

as for "Entity", Carter was controlled by something that uses energy, it could've absorbed the Zat energy for itself.

Comment

vaporizing is no longer used, the writers canceled that effect. Zatting alters an electrical field in the body which eventually wears off in time, the time is probably best showed in Prodigy starting from the moment tealc zats oniell to the time the bug things started to attack him again. while the field is altered it is most likely within this time that the person can be killed with another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Da
                  Vikster the Ori;6016362
                  Ok, i know that the wraith stunner and the ori
                  stunner are not even remotely connected, but the graphics seem similar,
                  and also, the effect of the weapon is similar. I wonder if the 2 are
                  based on a similar principle>....
                  I noticed the similarity too, any screencaps?

Comment

Working...
                  X