This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asurans Vs. Ida Human Replicators

Just from what we have seen of the ausrans it seems clear to me that they are no where near as advanced as the Ida human form replicators

Well they are totally different to all other replicators we have seen given that they want to ascend and given what they do at the end of atlantis season 3
    Spoiler:
    build a fleet of ships not out of replicator blocks but just like a regular ship

Also they don't seem to have any spider form replicators to do their bidding like the ida human forms did

Anything to add??
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    Just from what we have seen of the ausrans it seems clear to me that they are no where near as advanced as the Ida human form replicators

Well they are totally different to all other replicators we have seen given that they want to ascend and given what they do at the end of atlantis season 3
    Spoiler:
    build a fleet of ships not out of replicator blocks but just like a regular ship

Also they don't seem to have any spider form replicators to do their bidding like the ida human forms did

Anything to add??
    I disagree, i would say that the asurans are more advanced, seeing as ,from what i can tell, the asurans are made of Nanobots mixed with organic components which means that A: they can "shapeshift" and B: they cannot be harmed by EMP weapons, this is why I think that
    Spoiler:
    busting back into atlantis with ARGs is a waste of time, i doubt they will work

Thats just my thoughts

Comment

No even if they are made with organic blocks I think the same basic principle behind the ARG's will work.....also remeber when Neim was floating around in space after being ejected from the jumper why didn't he just change form to a ship or something and go down to atlantis and take his revenge?? Like we have seen Ida replicators do

The replicators in Ida changed into a ship when they were near a black hole....but then they were the spider form ones not the human form
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
        No even if they are made with organic blocks I think the same basic principle behind the ARG's will work.....also remeber when Neim was floating around in space after being ejected from the jumper why didn't he just change form to a ship or something and go down to atlantis and take his revenge?? Like we have seen Ida replicators do

The replicators in Ida changed into a ship when they were near a black hole....but then they were the spider form ones not the human form
        thats a good point, but then maybe the
        Spoiler:
        Asuran ship heading for Atlantis was neim? we never heard/saw what happened to the Asuran ship....

Does multiple function count as being more advanced? and besides, the Asurans can walk through walls.

Comment

Asurans have ancient tech
          Replicators don't
          => asurans pwn replicators

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            Asurans have ancient tech
            Replicators don't
            => asurans pwn replicators
            the Replicators have been in 3 known galaxies, gaining knowledge along the way including ancient knowledge, just because the asurans have ancient knowledge doesn't instantly mean they know more. Also from what we saw of the asurans they were effected by energy weapons, energy weapons didn't effect the replicators at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              the Replicators have been in 3 known galaxies, gaining knowledge along the way including ancient knowledge, just because the asurans have ancient knowledge doesn't instantly mean they know more. Also from what we saw of the asurans they were effected by energy weapons, energy weapons didn't effect the replicators at all.
              We've only seen the ancients in 2 galaxies - one for each show - but that doesn't mean their stargate network doesn't cover much more ground (and they also had intergalactic hyperdrives)
              Replicators may have gained ancient tech - so did even the goauld - but they don't have full ancient knowledge. From what we've seen ancients are still the most advanced race in the SG-verse
              Replicators were able to adapt to most energy weapons but not all of them - the disruptor for example is also a form of energy weapon (ancient tech btw) and the replicators were powerless against it

Comment

Not really sure, personally the Replicators seem more dangerous mainly because of their 'hive' minded nature so they could adapt to problems a lot more. Plus energy weapons can't hurt them because they simply adapt but the Asurans imitated their creators to such an extent that they would probably use more 'conventional' methods to fight.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

We've only seen the ancients in 2 galaxies - one for each show - but that doesn't mean their stargate network doesn't cover much more ground (and they also had intergalactic hyperdrives)
                  Replicators may have gained ancient tech - so did even the goauld - but they don't have full ancient knowledge. From what we've seen ancients are still the most advanced race in the SG-verse
                  Replicators were able to adapt to most energy weapons but not all of them - the disruptor for example is also a form of energy weapon (ancient tech btw) and the replicators were powerless against it
                  But what is to say ancient tech is best? We've seen plenty of other races with tech that looks superior to ancient. Asgard beaming for example and asgard hyperdrives, both which replicators have used. I really don't buy the statement that all ancient tech is superior to all other races as we've seen nothing to back this up as of yet. Also like you said the gate network might extend further, as the amount of galaxies the replicators have visited could extend further, we know they are able to go from galaxy to galaxy within minutes, I imagine they'd used that to their advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                    Not really sure, personally the Replicators seem more dangerous mainly because of their 'hive' minded nature so they could adapt to problems a lot more. Plus energy weapons can't hurt them because they simply adapt but the Asurans imitated their creators to such an extent that they would probably use more 'conventional' methods to fight.
                    I agree.
                    sigpic

Comment

But what is to say ancient tech is best? We've seen plenty of other races with tech that looks superior to ancient. Asgard beaming for example and asgard hyperdrives, both which replicators have used. I really don't buy the statement that all ancient tech is superior to all other races as we've seen nothing to back this up as of yet.

Absolutley right. Loads of other civilisations have had cool technology. Just think about Narim and his planet. The technology there was great. Have you ever seen an ancient walk through a wall???
                      sigpic

Comment

They may be just as as advanced as each other, I mean c'mon, The Asurans are based off the Ancients - The Replicators aren't as such, they made their own civilization and were original about it.
                        From what we've seen of the Asurans, they're just Ancients only evil but robotic inside.
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

But what is to say ancient tech is best? We've seen plenty of other races with tech that looks superior to ancient. Asgard beaming for example and asgard hyperdrives, both which replicators have used. I really don't buy the statement that all ancient tech is superior to all other races as we've seen nothing to back this up as of yet. Also like you said the gate network might extend further, as the amount of galaxies the replicators have visited could extend further, we know they are able to go from galaxy to galaxy within minutes, I imagine they'd used that to their advantage.
                          Ancients also have intergalactic hyperdrives (cf. Aurora) and teleportation tech (cf. Avalon). Anyway...sure we don't know which race pwns the rest scientifically speaking but from what we've been shown ancient tech is superior to that of the replicators, at least that's definitely the impression the writers wanted to convey - remember the replicators could adapt to almost any tech (even Asgard, that's how they were able to breach containment & turn against them)...except that of the ancients. And this despite all the alien tech the replicators had assimilated from several different galaxies ! Now that may not prove that of all those races in all these galaxies the ancients are the 1337, but it sure suggests it

Comment

Originally posted by Leiutenant Bong View Post
                            Absolutley right. Loads of other civilisations have had cool technology. Just think about Narim and his planet. The technology there was great. Have you ever seen an ancient walk through a wall???
                            yeah well the tollan phase-shift tech didn't help much against upgraded goauld shields did it ? The tollans probably knew their new bomb would be useless against Tanith's ship & wouldn't save them from extinction. They overestimated their own capabilities & that "arrogance bug" got the better of them in the end -)
                            Ancient drones on the other hand slip right through those shields, which suggests that the ancients did possess some form of phase-shifting tech even more advanced (in a way) than that of the tollans

Comment

Ancients also have intergalactic hyperdrives (cf. Aurora) and teleportation tech (cf. Avalon). Anyway...sure we don't know which race pwns the rest scientifically speaking but from what we've been shown ancient tech is superior to that of the replicators, at least that's definitely the impression the writers wanted to convey - remember the replicators could adapt to almost any tech (even Asgard, that's how they were able to breach containment & turn against them)...except that of the ancients. And this despite all the alien tech the replicators had assimilated from several different galaxies ! Now that may not prove that of all those races in all these galaxies the ancients are the 1337, but it sure suggests it
                              They did adapt to ancient tech though, that's why the dakaara weapon had to be used to wipe them all out at once because they would've just kept adapting.

Comment

Working...
                              X