• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ark (316)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316

The team discovers the last of a civilization in suspended animation, whose survival is at risk when their station is critically damaged.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:42 PM.

Ok, that was cute. Love that Ronon was panicking and is claustrophobic too. Yet in a very Ronon way. Gives him some depth. And Sheppard, offering to fight him to the death to comfort him. Boys. Some Sheppard and Ronon whump. Love the team wanting to be together. Blowtorches always look awesome on screen. Nice to see a new set. Though seeing them all suited up most of the ep wasn't very thunk worthy. Some of the exposition was clunky, but it was an interesting plot and had some visual variety, which SGA sorely needs. The cast are always doing the same things in the same environments. So it's nice to see something different.

Comment

Question since i have not seen the ep.

Was the civilisation Avtaully Aliens as in non Human or is it nother wasted oppertunity and major disappointment of English speaking Humans?

If it is i gess thats cool but if it where aliens it would have sweet news
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

English speaking humans. We only saw two of them.

Comment

Boring. Blatant space filler towards the end of the season. Hopefully the last 4 will be better.

chem

Comment

Pretty boring episode I thought.

I hated how basically Sheppard was lucky that the ship/station broke free, was undamaged, and survived re-entry. That's just a crappy resolution, pure luck. I'd rather have seen McKay come up with some kind of solution at some stage, a way to break free the ship/station, another way to salvage the storage device, or something else. I mean it was lucky enough the ship/station didn't burn up itself never mind the fact that it just happened to break from the moon in such a way that it wasn't destroyed or even slightly damaged.

Also, hasn't the stored remnants of a civilisation stored in some kind of stasis or storage been done a few to many times already?

Personally my worst episode of the season so far. I've loved every episode so far, this let the side down.

Comment

boring boring boring boring

not quite as bad as the Tower, but worse than Epiphany

Only enjoyable moments were Ronon's freaking out and my little 'hurrah' when Beckett showed up
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well, plot wise it wasn't best, clunky in execution, but interesting idea. The tag is awesome. Rachel's flutter (best way to describe it, it wasn't flirty though) of expression after Sheppard's "that wasn't why I did it" was fantastic. She needs more opportunity to really act. And Sheppard pretending that he wouldn't have done it for McKay, and Teyla calling him on the lie was cute.
                Last edited by localfocus; 09 January 2007, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I really loved this!
                  A very different story, not like any SG1 episode I've seen, thank you very much! So, no comparisons appropriate here, IMO.
                  The story was great, the sets fantastic. There was loads of action, which I love. The fx were terrific, and it was dramatic and tense. I loved Sheppard flying the shuttle and risking his life to save Teyla, because Sheppard would do that to save one of his team. I felt really excited watching parts of this, and that is something that has been missing recently from SGA - an adrenalin surge. I got that watching this! Forgot to mention the closing scene - that was really sweet and amusing!
                  So, a big thumbs up from me. Well done to the cast, particularly both Joe and Rachel, who really shone in this . Nice to see Teyla getting some dramatic storyline. Loved McKay's concern for Sheppard too, awww, bless him. He owes Shep a weeks pay,but, oh yes, he didn't accept the bet, sensible man!!!
                  So, thumbs up from me. I want to congratulate Ken C on another wonderful episode. This is the kind of episode I want to see. Well done!
                  Last edited by Linzi; 09 January 2007, 04:31 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I watched it. A good episode, I think. Although ...I expected something more. I thought it will be a masterpiece like Common ground because one of the creators is Cuperus.
                    I have to say there were many cliches in the plot. A lot of posturing and the whole story was very ...mmm...predictable at moments. But as a whole it was a good. From me - 4/10.
                    LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                    Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                    http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                    My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                      Although ...I expected something more. I thought it will be a masterpiece like Common ground because one of the creators is Cuperus.
                      Don't rate an episode simply because of "who" wrote it. Ken has already admitted that Brad helped him write Common Ground, and had a hand in this episode as well. Neither was exclusively a Ken Cuperus script. BTW - some people were calling this a rewrite of SG1's Lifeboat, and Brad wrote that script. Though it isn't exactly the same, there are similarities, even if they weren't intentional.

I look at each episode individually, not caring who the writer is. Mallozzi and Mullie wrote my all-time fav SG1 episode, but they've also written some of the worst things I've ever seen on TV. Just because I see M & M on a script doesn't mean I will like the episode.

As for this - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not the worst, but not one for the keep pile either.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well...I rated Ark 4/10 because I wanted to be polite. After all the episode was better than Irresponsble and there were some good moments.
                        LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                        Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                        http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                        My fan fiction

Comment

Good episode, I guess. Much as I love Beckett, he really didn't do much except make the beckett/teyla shipper in me happy. Despite moving a bit slow and just lacking an elusive something, I liked watching this.

Comment

Just finished watching:

I thought it was really slow to start-- I got SO annoyed with whatever his name was who decided DYING was a good idea. But I thought the episode got better as it went on.

Not much, plotwise, but there were some funny little character moments.

"We can't stop now, we just cracked open the pinata!"

And I actually LIKED Teyla in this episode, which is a rarity for me. And yes, Ronon actually made me CRINGE. Oh my god OW.

Not fantastic, but not horrible. 2.5-3 out of 5.
                            McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Okay ep not my favourite. All the characters had something to do and there was some great lines. The last scene was really sweet , i liked weir asking sheppard if he had come to the infirmary to have his head examined.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X