No announcement yet.

The Game (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we saw in that S2 ep, a wraith letting one planet live as long sa they had that prison colony near the gate. So why not something similar on the game planet (or one like it)..

Comment

Because he was obviously the exception to the rule. The Wraith from Condmended even said so
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Doesn't mean there could not have been another like him.

Comment

Statsically improbable
          Jelgate is right

Comment

My LiveJournal post
            Wow, makes me kind of nervous about playing Spore again, now..
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This was such a good idea, but after the first 10 minutes it all fell apart. It was like seeing Atlantis turned into a kindergarden.

They could even have solved the whole thing, by NOT going there in person, and instead pose as gods for a little longer, and correct the problems they made.

But my real problem with this episode, was the fact that the Ancients made this "game" for developing their seeded worlds. Right? Why would they need 2 opposing factions to do that? It was just lame...

A good idea for a story. But very poorly executed...

I must admit the Sam lookalike was kind of cool

Last edited by Cluas; 19 February 2013, 07:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The ancient didn't require two opposing factions. Shep and Mckay created the two sides.

I liked the episode but I think they didn't explore godhood enough. They could have just fixed all their problems using the game and then told them the truth once everything was back to normal.

Comment

Check this out

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1957777.html
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                    An okay ep. A lot better than irresponsible anyway.

A pretty interesting idea. Taking the saying "It's just a game" and turning it on its head.

McKay modelling all his women after Sam haha. So typical of him.

Would be hard coming to terms with the fact that your whole life or most of your life has been nothing but a game to someone.

The famous blue jello makes another appearance.
                    I agree!

It does make you stop and think....

Rodney and his crush on Sam......

That would be very difficult to come to terms with I think.

Blue jello!!
                    sigpic

Comment

One thing i always wondered with this ep. Exactly how many planets were hooked up to it?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        One thing i always wondered with this ep. Exactly how many planets were hooked up to it?
                        Endless possibilities with this one... I think it would have been cool if they'd ended the episode with showing us several societies who suddenly stop getting messages from the "gods".
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          One also has to wonder just how those societies were surviving before The Game came along. I mean, they weren't just chess pieces being moved around on a board before all the interference from Shepphard and McKay came along. Was Atlantis, itself, running it before those two got involved?

Comment

It was probably on autopilot. The program just running by itself until someone, i.e. two curious boys, would alter parameters and switch to manual.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

IIRC in the ep, the 2 nations mentioned that they kept doing what they had done from when they got the last messages. So they effectively were stagnant.
                              Though i would have loved to have seen who else (besides Zelenka and Lorne) were playing it.
                              Heck i wonder.. Did any wraith ever find those planets, hack the satellite feed and 'make the people' worshipers?

Comment

You are close. The interfaces were inactive before Shep and McKay played their game.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X