Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating an Earth Galactic Union/United Systems of Earth/etc..etc...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to me that the Ancients owe us, they are like neglectful parents. This seems fitting since we are descended from the Ancients.

Fist that bring us in to the world then expect us to take care of ourselfs, they expect us to fend off the Goa’uld and Wraith alone.

When we use their tech to do something they don’t approve or they smack us and treat us like children.
    "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
    of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
    Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
    because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
    of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
    another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

But do you really want them meddling in our business? Sure we are "very young" but do we actually want to be treated like children?

Seems to me the Ancients, like all good progenitors, know when to back off and let the bird leave the nest and fly on its own. If you ask me, we are better off without them.
      Sam & Jack 'Ship...

Comment

I agree if they are our "parent race" than they should of helped us out when the Goa'uld first came and started spreading us guys across the galaxy...i hate all that non intervention business...
        Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
        O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

i am from france and i have been reading about this "global america". May i reminde you that the rest of the world is about 5 times older then the US of A. Plus has a french men i'd like the idea of a big space ship with the french flag, english flag, or the american flag painted on it.

Comment

What has being older got to do with anything? Most countries which existed at all more than 200 years ago existed under a radically different form, both in terms of culture and government.

Even if you could prove that a civilization had a consistent existence longer than that, it wouldn't necessarily prove anything. To bring this back ON TOPIC, since this is a Stargate forum, consider the Goa'uld. Their civilization is several thousands of years old. Does that make it in any way superior to ours, which is, at best (taking "Western Civilization" as a whole, which includes Europe and America) only 2,000 years old? If so, why?
            Sam & Jack 'Ship...

Comment

well let's see. The go'auld ARE more advance then in a lot of way. Any how the idea of a global america kind of scares me. What makes our planet so different from any others in the univer is the diversity. I would like the idea of a global unity of the world powers (the us, england, france, china, russia, and japan).

Comment

Originally posted by michael
                I would like the idea of a global unity of the world powers (the United States of America, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, France, the People's Republic of China, the Russian Federation, and Japan).
                There are more world powers than those three. You have to at least include Germany, India, and the Scandinavian countries (for their economic strength).
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

well let's see. The go'auld ARE more advance then in a lot of way. Any how the idea of a global america kind of scares me. What makes our planet so different from any others in the univer is the diversity. I would like the idea of a global unity of the world powers (the us, england, france, china, russia, and japan).
                  Don't we have something like that called the United Nations?

Comment

Ah yes but the UN doesn't follow USA's lead so something must be wrong

Comment

You know, maybe they could evolve the current UN as a real world governement and then create the UN SPACY like they do in a lot of anime ('Macross' for exemple).

But then the USA wouldn't like that, would they?

Comment

Sure there is a lot more world powers but the one who have a big history together in working against the same enemy are the one who in my opinion are the most impoortant. The current UN do not include china, and japan.

Comment

The current UN do not include china, and japan.
                          China is a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council.

http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/unsc_members.html
                          Last edited by Major Tyler; 04 September 2004, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            Ah yes but the UN doesn't follow USA's lead so something must be wrong
                            Today's UN is a nearly-disfuntional beauracracy. Scrap the whole thing and start anew.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Well been reading what everyone has to say about starting a galactic civilization and have come up with a few ideas

1) All Earth/non-planetary nations can keep their sovereign rights.

2) The Stargate stays in control of the planet/nation that predominately uses it. (Since the Stargate program is funded and was developed by the USA it is under our jurisdiction. Other nations participate in the Stargate/Home world Security program will be evaluated on a case-by-case basses.)
                              Other planets may run their own Stargate program.

3) The creation of a multinational organization (UE) that will deal with creating colonies, deep space exploration, global protection etc. (Because the USA has the technology and the resources to fund such programs, they will rely heavily on the USA support) The organization will not interfere with global politics only non-planetary affairs. This is one of the fist points on the organization charter.

4) The creation of the Tau'ri Alliance Assembly, a multi-planetary council, that deals with trade, territory, technology exchange/development, galactic security etc. Each member planet will receive votes based on population/colonies/technological development. The votes given to each planet can be divided upon the nation of the planet participation or given to that planets organization that deals with extra planetary affairs.
                              Last edited by donnie_darko; 05 September 2004, 01:23 AM.
                              "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                              of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                              Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                              because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                              of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                              another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                                Today's UN is a nearly-disfuntional beauracracy. Scrap the whole thing and start anew.
                                The United Nations does not have any power to coerse or make other countries do what they want, but they have the very vital ability to grant legitimacy to anything the United States or any other country does. The UN is in the unique positive of having every single nation in the world (except two) as a member.

When the UN passes a resolution saying something we are doing is good, they can rightly claim that they are speaking with the collective voice of the entire world. Though they can't force anyone to do anything, the General Assembly is an amazing debating body. Every country, large or small, has one voice, one vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X