This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Sizes

How big are the Ring transporters? Does any one know the exact size?
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

I haven't been able to find the diameter of a transporter, but it was stated in an episode, that each set of ring transporters weigh 12.9 tons. I would hazard a guess and say that each ring is about 8-10 feet in diameter.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I think the ring sizes often change, I noticed earlier in COTG the rings were able to fit apophis and sha're aswell as half a dozen troops in them. Later episodes can only fit 4 people in them, so they've been made considerbly smaller.
      Last edited by kirmit; 05 November 2006, 04:15 PM.

Comment

As mentioned the rings vari alot depending on which show and season we are dealing with.

Movie: Rings were big enough to contain a person lying down and had 10 Rings in it.
        SG-1, first seasons: Rings can contain 7-10 people no problems, they consist of 5 rings.
        SG-1, later seasons: the Rings can contain 4 people without problems and consist of 5 rings.
        SG-1, Ori rings: Looks like they can contain the same 4 people and they consist of 6 rings.

Comment

Funniest thread title, ever.

Comment

My intel say that Rings are about 7.5m in Diameter.

There are also the Ancient Cupboards that sound very similar and flash white.

WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
            Spoiler:
            If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
            - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Technically, the size of rings should be extremely easy to find, given we always have points of references for them.

I.e. people

Comment

I've actually heard that the ring transporters are exactly half the size of the stargates, whatever size that is.

Maybe the number of people that can fit into the rings depend on what position everyone is in. If they were organised well you could fit several but it there's someone important using them or a random collection then that maybe smaller cause I don't think Apophis would want to be squashed next to 6 other people
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                  I've actually heard that the ring transporters are exactly half the size of the stargates, whatever size that is.

Maybe the number of people that can fit into the rings depend on what position everyone is in. If they were organised well you could fit several but it there's someone important using them or a random collection then that maybe smaller cause I don't think Apophis would want to be squashed next to 6 other people
                  Stargate is 20 feet in diameter. I think.

Beware I have friends and they are watching
                  Sig courtesy of LadyBozi. Thank you so much!
                  += FAT BABIES! Teyla/Ronon rules!
                  Spoiler:

R.I.P Carson, for now.
                  Courtesy of LadyBozi

Save Elizabeth now!!!

Comment

The outer diameter of the stargate is 24 feet I think. I think the inner diameter is about 22 feet, or a few inches short of that mark.
                    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Could it be possible that ring transporters were manufactured in different sizes?
                      You shot that thing at me!
                      I was already on an Alien Planet!
                      We're all in this together!
                      What happens when you dial your own phone number? wrong person to ask!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Funniest thread title, ever.
                        LMAO i didnt get it until you said it

Comment

Originally posted by greenscreen View Post
                          Could it be possible that ring transporters were manufactured in different sizes?
                          I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. The rings don't actually go with the matter stream do they? So it would just be one set of rings transferring a matter stream to another set of rings.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. The rings don't actually go with the matter stream do they? So it would just be one set of rings transferring a matter stream to another set of rings.
                            There would have to be some sort of compatibility protocols in place to prevent a large set of rings from sending a matter stream that a small set of rings may not be large enough to reintegrate.

Or maybe the two sizes are so completely incompatible that it would not be possible for transport between two different size sets of rings.

Basically, just find every theory surrounding compatibility of Supegates/Stargates/Orlin's Gate, change the wording slightly, and they can be applied to this problem.

Its another one of those things that will probably never be answered.

Comment

Working...
                            X