This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copyright infringement?

Okay, now wayyyy back, I posted a thread noting the resembalance between the TER and the Plasma rifle from the Halo game series. Now, today I glanced at the TER article on Wikipedia and look:
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    Note the resemblance to the Plasma Rifle in Halo and Halo 2; it should be noted that "Show and Tell" aired in 1999, whereas the original Halo was released two years later, in 2001.
    Oh, and you say they got it first?

Well, it says:

Originally posted by Wikipedia
    This page was last modified 18:43, 10 September 2006.

Bump
    edit: Why is no one replying?
    Last edited by AcidSquid; 26 October 2006, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I dunno... maybe 'cause there isn't much to say? I'm not exactly sure what the last-edit date has to do with anything.
      [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by AcidSquid View Post
        Bump
        Uhhh because they're not interested enough to I guess. And FYI - bumping posts is not allowed on GW. If people want to reply, they will. If they don't and your post moves off the front page, then so be it.

Such is life...
        sigpic

Comment

See, this is why I've given up on this forum.
          People are always getting snippy about little forum rules.
          The reason I posted this thread is to see if this is a copyright infringement.
          kk?

Comment

Originally posted by AcidSquid View Post
            Bump
            Because nobody knows what the heck you're on about?

I do agree with your "snippy" comment though. A lot of people here are ASTONISHINGLY anal-retentive. (Back off mods... That's a perfectly legitimate psychological term! )

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
            - Stephen Colbert
            "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

People get snippy when threads like this pop up, and people don't let them rest.

If nobody responds, let the thread go, rather than dredging it up, and sounding a tad self-important.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Okay, we get it we don't bump threads...
                Ima stop kk?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  People get snippy when threads like this pop up, and people don't let them rest.
                  Oh I see...
                  Everyone should agree with your notion of which threads should be allowed to "rest".

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                  - Stephen Colbert
                  "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran View Post
                    Oh I see...
                    Everyone should agree with your notion of which threads should be allowed to "rest".
                    Yes. So long as the notion is they should be allowed to rest when no-one posts in them.

If no-one posts in your thread - tough. You'll just have to let it die.

As for the actual TOPIC of the thread - I have no idea whether it would be copyright infringement ...

- a) Because i've never played Halo and thus have no idea how close a resemblance there is

- b) Well ... i'm not a lawyer.
                    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

When you post on here does that not make it "public domain"?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Wikipedia Posts On Gw!??! Frakkin Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran View Post
                          I do agree with your "snippy" comment though. A lot of people here are ASTONISHINGLY anal-retentive. (Back off mods... That's a perfectly legitimate psychological term! )
                          If you consider Freud to be legit...
                          [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Working...
                          X