Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Story so far... (Torchwood Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Story so far... (Torchwood Spoilers)

So what do we know so far?

- Jack can't die because of the residual energy left inside him after his resurrection in 'Parting of the Ways'.
    - The hand inside that glass container is the Doctor's severed hand from 'The Christmas Invasion' and that's why Jack keeps it in high regard.
    - Somehow he joined the Torchwood Institute without Ivon Hartman arresting him for being 'alien' or a time traveller or whatever he is.
    - ????

Anything else important to Torchwood that I forgot to mention? The basic point of this thread is to note down the important parts of Torchwood, so in case anyone forgets they can come here and catch up.

lol, Well I thought it was a good idea anyways.... There could be green involved...
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

There were 4 Torchwood's. Torchwood 1 was destroyed in "Doomsday". Torchwood 2 is run by some strange guy and is located in Glasgow. Torchwood 3 is located right under the Rift in Cardiff, and is the setting for "Torchwood". Torchwood 4 is missing, probably originally located in Northern Ireland
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It'll turn up eventually

- Jack is looking for the doctor so that he can explain why he cant die.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Actually, with the Torchwoods having been set up in Victoria's time Torchwood 4 could be anywhere in Ireland at all, since it was still British territory at the time. Of course, they probably decamped to NI in the 20s but who can say for sure?

Comment

Unless it was built on some sort of rift, I would say it probably would have gotten moved, seems kind of odd having a "Queen and Country" type organisation in the ROI unless it was 100% necessary
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
            Unless it was built on some sort of rift, I would say it probably would have gotten moved, seems kind of odd having a "Queen and Country" type organisation in the ROI unless it was 100% necessary
            Hmmm
            Maybe it was built atop the rift like the one in cardiff, only this rift seemed much more unstable than the Gelf's and this Torchwood fell through the faultline and passed on to another world.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they WERE in Southern Ireland and by "missing" they mean they decided that they wanted to be seperate from the Empire

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

From what we've seen of Torchwood 3 and what Jack says about Torchwood 2, I get the feeling that TW1 was the big one. Presumably first located in Torchwood House (later moved to Canary Wharf, of course) it was the one that had the budget, personnel, shiny computers and serious disciplinary structure, while the provinces are these little underfunded, rough and ready field offices who are left to employ whatever psychos, deviants and thrillseekers possess the necessary mix of ability and poor survival instinct.

They also seem a little less king and country and a little more 'isn't this kewl' than the boys and girls at TW1.

And I'm waiting for Gwen to get her rudimentary paper-proof psychic training.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                  From what we've seen of Torchwood 3 and what Jack says about Torchwood 2, I get the feeling that TW1 was the big one. Presumably first located in Torchwood House (later moved to Canary Wharf, of course) it was the one that had the budget, personnel, shiny computers and serious disciplinary structure, while the provinces are these little underfunded, rough and ready field offices who are left to employ whatever psychos, deviants and thrillseekers possess the necessary mix of ability and poor survival instinct.

They also seem a little less king and country and a little more 'isn't this kewl' than the boys and girls at TW1.

And I'm waiting for Gwen to get her rudimentary paper-proof psychic training.
                  Hmmm I wonder what became of Torchwood House? I bet their's some freaky lab underneath or something...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                    Hmmm I wonder what became of Torchwood House? I bet their's some freaky lab underneath or something...
                    Well, this did.

Comment

Well, this did.
                      OH MY FRAKKIN GOD

That site looks well real. Did you make it?

sigpic

Comment

Nah. But thanks for thinking I could. It's one of the BBC's spoof sites, create for its online Dr Who games. (Although they're not canon, as in one of them you have to destroy the Doctor's hand).

Comment

Nah. But thanks for thinking I could. It's one of the BBC's spoof sites, create for its online Dr Who games. (Although they're not canon, as in one of them you have to destroy the Doctor's hand).
                          lol ah reet

sigpic

Comment

actually you have to destroy the doctors sword, not hand. Proving that the sword was reclaimed. (as was the hand by Capt. Jack)
                            Hola

Hello

Comment

Some other things we know:

- At some point Torchwood will go public. A large cobalt pyramid will be built on the site of "The Torchwood Institute" (Does this mean Torchwood house or one of the others).
                              - At some point an organisation will exist called the "Torchwood Archives", it is in all probability just part of Torchwood though, and they will send a team to explore the impossible planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X