This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Hpe for our galaxy?

Dont want to sound pessimistic but does anyone think the Milky way galaxy stands a chance against the Orii invasion?

Just seen 'Flesh and Blood'. I have to admit (and even SG1 concur here) things look pretty dire at the end of this episode.

Would anyone like to speculate as to how, with things as they stand, 'we' might hope to fight back against such an enemy? Can the orii be defeated?

Or is this TPTB's way of bringing SG1 as a series to an end. With a desperate battle for the galaxy and ending with Orii victory?

From watching alot of television I think we can safely say that yes, the hero's will win in the end

Ori*

Comment

I don't believe the show is going to end with an Orii victory.

The cliffhanger which the show ends with shall be resolved in one of the two movies, so in SG1 style, the Orii may be ready to win or coming to Earth to finally kill us, but I don't think the show would end with an Orii victory because if something stupid happens and the movies don't get made (knock on wood), it would be one of those cliffhangers which would drive fans made because the show ends on such a bad note.

It would be even worse if we needed to wait for an Atlantis episode to tell us SG1 pulled a miracle out of their backsides yet don't get to explain it, or even have to rely on a crossover just to conclude it.

sigpic

Comment

I think it would be a bad ending to end with the Ori winning, I think the replicators were worse than the Ori, but they had more time to deal with them and have a good final solution to deal with them. The Ori plot will have to be rushed to create a somwhat decent defeat.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Well, there still a chance teh Ancients would change their mind.
          i know, I know

Comment

Stargate SG-1 will end with a cliff hanger. The Ori storyline is going to be wrapped up in the 1st movie.

Comment

the weapon that merlin developed of course they will find it and destroy the ori hopfully we will get to see king arthur and the knights of the round table
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                From watching alot of television I think we can safely say that yes, the hero's will win in the end

Ori*
                I agree
                sigpic

Comment

Logically, no. But in the world of stargate, my sig portrays accurately what we must do
                  When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                  The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                  Spoiler:
                  MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                  Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                  MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                  Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                  AND
                  MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                  Me: Times it by that really big number!
                  MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                  Me: How should i know?
                  MBA: Its on the board
                  Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

Originally posted by Hooperman1990 View Post
                    Logically, no. But in the world of stargate, my sig portrays accurately what we must do
                    what make giant banjos and sing folksongs that eventually drive the ori from our galaxy at the same time making all their believers stop believing in them meaning a happy ending now im a optimist but thats not gonna happen
                    Last edited by ~Benjamin~; 25 October 2006, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      They're making two movies, one to end the story with the Ori and one to end SG-1 in general. I think that means we're gonna win.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
                        the weapon that merlin developed of course they will find it and destroy the ori
                        Yeah but we'll still have their followers to deal with.
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                          Yeah but we'll still have their followers to deal with.
                          Spoiler:
                          I know, people seem to forget this, even if we activate Merlins weapon and send it to the Ori galaxy, we've still got 3 toilet ships full of fanatical soldiers to deal with!

Comment

The Ori soldiers = nothing without the Ori. They will be confused & wont know what to do without the Ori alive to give them orders. Just get a bunch of pissed off Jaffa on their asses & they are done for & I am sure the Jaffa would love a chance to kick their asses

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
                              what make giant bangos and sing folksongs that eventually drive the ori from our galaxy at the same time making all their believers stop believing in them meaning a happy ending now im a optimist but thats not gonna happen
                              You underestimate the power of the banjo. In both its annoyance of others and its divine might.
                              When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                              The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                              Spoiler:
                              MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                              Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                              MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                              Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                              AND
                              MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                              Me: Times it by that really big number!
                              MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                              Me: How should i know?
                              MBA: Its on the board
                              Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

Working...
                              X