This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel.

Wonderfully adapted to the small screen from the big screen - despite the change in actor, the character flowed into the new setting very impressively. He's retained core traits from the film right through to SG-1's final days, but has shown growth and development nevertheless. He's well-rounded, intelligent, passionate, humorous, witty. He's not infalliable, he makes mistakes, but he's willing to learn and that gives him a believable edge.

My second favourite should have been Jack, but only in the early series. I do not like the goofy path RDA took him down. In the early series, Jack combined leadership with humour, he was funny, charismatic, decisive, and capable of being intimidating as necessary. He had wit and an edge, and that made him great. By the time he left, RDA had removed all the edge and dumbed down his wit into pure goofiness - a huge shame because I never disliked even the later Jack but he was reduced to a mere shadow of his earlier potential.

Teal'c has shown great development and adapability as well. I've enjoyed the slow development of his subtle humour, and the way he has learned to relax around his team-mates without losing the edge that makes him so intimidating to others. It was good to see they never forgot his passion for the Jaffa people even when the Goa'uld situation was starting to be resolved, but found a new direction in which to channel it. The was a good decision they took and helped him develop along Bra'tac's more patient, wiser path. It makes sense that an honourable warrior could have the potential to become a great statesman - if he only had the time to achieve it.

Jonas disappointed me the most. They had true potential with the world he came from, and the character that he was, but the writers ruined him by not developing him with any consistancy. I liked him, but he could have been so much more than he was - I think the writers sold that character short.

Cameron... I don't like the actor, which didn't make me like him but he has grown on me slowly. He'll never be my favourite though, and I'll never really love the character. Like Jonas, I feel the writers are trying to *tell* us what to think about Cameron instead of *show* us - and that is never a good thing to do for a character.
    "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

"I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill. A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent Guard's eyes glow. The Horus Guard's beak glistens. The Setesh Guard's nose drips."

--- Jaffa jokes fail to impress, O'Neill & Teal'c, Seth (Series 3).

Comment

daniel for me
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
      X