This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis: Wraithfall

Given the SGA hiatus, I suspect most of us are devouring any other merchandise (novels, comics, fanfic, etc.). Curious what folks thought about Wraithfall #1, SGA's first comic series? For those who haven't heard of/read it, a preview is at http://www.avatarpress.net/v/stargat...is/wraithfall/

Also, I've been waiting for the 2nd issue to come out (supposedly due out this month - October). Anyone seen it yet? Any ideas how non-US folk can get a hand on them (legally!) without incurring excessive postage?

Thanks!

Mods - If there's a similar thread somewhere, feel free to consolidate!
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

I got a copy the day it came out! Love it. I really liked that they nailed the characters' physical and personality quirks... they even got John's boxer peekage in there! Really looking forward to the next installment.
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
      I got a copy the day it came out! Love it. I really liked that they nailed the characters' physical and personality quirks... they even got John's boxer peekage in there! Really looking forward to the next installment.
      Hah! You mean this? Made me laugh when I first saw it - what a great tribute to fans, eh?
      Spoiler:

(From parisindy's post in the Shep whump thread).
      Last edited by lostinspace; 17 October 2006, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
        Hah! You mean this? Made me laugh when I first saw it - what a great tribute to fans, eh?
        Spoiler:
        http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l205/balikpulang/Shepsboxerpeekage.jpg
        (From parisindy's post in the Shep whump thread).
        That's exactly one I was thinking of! The fact that they get even details like that is why I'm so impressed with how well they know the series.
        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Thanks for the link. I was wondering what it was like.

Where is a reputable place I can get a copy? Ideally one online? I haven't seen it in the shops in England so maybe it hasn't been realised here? It's not on amazon either and I don't want to google it as I don't know much about comics so I could get ripped off.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
            Where is a reputable place I can get a copy? Ideally one online? I haven't seen it in the shops in England so maybe it hasn't been realised here? It's not on amazon either and I don't want to google it as I don't know much about comics so I could get ripped off.
            This Avatar Press link http://www.avatarpress.com/stargate/ will take you to a "vendor" site where you can browse and preorder all the different cover editions, other Stargate comics, et al. Unfortunately, it costs US$30 to ship to Europe, Australia and Asia (but if you're in the US, shipping is even free for some issues).

For folks in the UK and Ireland, there's Forbidden Planet, which has a minimum order but more decent shipping rates for you. Here's the link - http://www.forbidden-planet.co.uk/

The best bet is always to go local. Back when I was in New York, I'd just hop by the nearest comics/bookstore (Forbidden Planet was a good one). Since I had to relocate to Asia though, I too couldn't find it - or *any* SGA merchandise for that matter, anywhere! Perhaps you could try checking your 'hood? Don't know how often you make it out to London, but chances are you'd find a better collection than what us poor expats have here!

Hopefully other Asia/UK-based fans might be able to help us out here. Also, Wraithfall #2 looks like it's only due out Oct 31. Good luck and Happy Halloween!
            Last edited by lostinspace; 19 October 2006, 07:16 PM. Reason: fixing the URL!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advise. I'm going to London in a week time so I might research where I might find the comic there. I'll also check out the links.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advise. I'm going to London in a week time so I might research where I might find the comic there. I'll also check out the links.
                You're welcome. Off to London in a week, eh? Attending the London Expo? If so, you lucky folk will just have to fill the rest of us in with pictures, vidclips, reports and all that good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
                  You're welcome. Off to London in a week, eh? Attending the London Expo? If so, you lucky folk will just have to fill the rest of us in with pictures, vidclips, reports and all that good stuff.
                  I don't even know about that. What is it about? I'm going to see the musical Wicked for a second time! *Is so exicted.*
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't even know about that. What is it about?
                    Check http://www.londonexpo.com/. Since it's a movie, media AND comic con, maybe we'll get some Wraithfall hints. There's already some confirmed Stargate events (see cut below):
                    Spoiler:
                    JOE FLANIGAN WILL BE AT LONDON EXPO 28-29 OCTOBER -- AND SO WILL WE!

Joe Flanigan (John Sheppard on STARGATE ATLANTIS) will on one of the guests at London Expo, being held at the Excel Centre in Docklands, London, UK on 28-29 October.

And as luck would have it, Fandemonium Books will also be there with two of our authors: James Swallow and Sally Malcolm. Sally and James will sign books and answer questions at our table (and they might appear on stage for a Q&A session - TBC), so please do drop by and say hello.

- James is author of STARGATE ATLANTIS: HALCYON and other s/f novels too numerous to mention here.

- Sally is the author of STARGATE SG-1: A Matter of Honor and STARGATE SG-1:The Cost of Honor, both of which have been incredibly popular since they were first published in November 2004 and September 2005 respectively.

So if you're at London Expo, drop by and see us - we'll be on the corner of Artist Alley next to the Presentation Area and Comic Village.
                    Last edited by lostinspace; 23 October 2006, 12:00 AM.

Comment

SGA - Read Comics Online Blog: Wraithfall Comic Book:

From the Read Comics Online Blog:

http://readcomicsonline.blogspot.com...raithfall.html

Stargate Atlantis Comic - Wraithfall

In 2006, Avatar Press launched a series of comics based on Stargate Atlantis. Set in season 1, Wraithfall features story by Stewart Moore and art by Mauricio Melo. In this story, the Atlantis team meets the Karrans, a race that has made a bizarre deal with the Wraith.

Read the comic On Line (links at the site)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

thanks for the link

Comment

Working...
                        X