Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asgard/earth relationship (spoilers for season 8)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asgard/earth relationship (spoilers for season 8)

ok now ive been thinking about this and isn't it about time that the asgard and us reevaluate our relationship and treaty? for the first several years of our interactions with them it was them watching out for us mainly although we did save their butts more than a few times. they treated us pretty much the same as the other human cultures they interact with, they remain as distant as they can so as to not affect our development. thats all fine and dandy except that we have moved way beyond that type of relationship now. for one our development has already been so interfered with because of the war with the goa'uld that it doesn't really matter anymore. we have technology that surpasses the asgards (i.e. ancient weapon in antartica and oneills big replicator gun) given the fact that we have also once again saved the asgard from immenent annihilation at the hands of the replicators, again, and given them the means to actually fight back, isnt it about time that they started sharing their tech with us? their teleportation and matter synthesisers would be invaluable as well as their power production technology. i think we deserve a lot more than what they have given us. any one have any thoughts?

current agrements with the Goa'uld prevent the Asgard from giving us tech.
    "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
    of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
    Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
    because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
    of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
    another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by donnie_darko
      current agrements with the Goa'uld prevent the Asgard from giving us tech.
      except that the whole Anubis-taking-over-the-galaxy-and-destroying-the-other-system-lords-in-the-process-and-now-baal-is-picking-up-where-he-left-off thing has pretty much null and voided the protected planets treaty. the goa'uld have realized that the asgard can no longer enforce the treaty in this galaxy and even if the asgard wanted to try they couldnt because their entire empire has been reduced to one planet and 5 or 6 ships. it will be a long time before they can even consider dealing with the goa'uld again. they should share their technology with us and and let us help enforce the treaty as best we can. we wouldnt be able to enforce it in the way the asgard used to but we would at least be able to stop the goa'uld from having free reign through out this galaxy. also the treaty says that they cant give us technology that would advance us to the point where we would be a threat to the system lords. we have already reached that level on our own, plus we have technology far superior to that of the asgard or the goa'uld at our disposal, so earth is already no longer covered by the old treaty and the asgard giving us tech wouldnt violate it, if either side even wanted to pretend the treaty was still in affect

Comment

Earth in PPT is null void. Weir told the System Lords the Asgard were helping us with the Hyperdrive. There's nothing the Goa'uld can do, they fear our new weapon. The Asgard also showed up so the Goa'uld now believe the Asgard are just as powerful as before.

In the end, I think the Goa'uld will realise that it's not worth fighting with Earth, and will try to make a treaty of their own. Probably something like that they won't enslave new worlds and we won't interfere with the ones they have now.... Not that we're gonna do that though

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          Earth in PPT is null void. Weir told the System Lords the Asgard were helping us with the Hyperdrive. There's nothing the Goa'uld can do, they fear our new weapon. The Asgard also showed up so the Goa'uld now believe the Asgard are just as powerful as before.

In the end, I think the Goa'uld will realise that it's not worth fighting with Earth, and will try to make a treaty of their own. Probably something like that they won't enslave new worlds and we won't interfere with the ones they have now.... Not that we're gonna do that though
          That's pretty much the way I see things. Thor has stated in "Disclosure" that we were more than allies; we are friends.
          s
          p
          o
          i
          l
          e
          r
          s
          p
          a
          c
          e
          h
          e
          r
          e

And from the ep of "Covenant" he proves it.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
            That's pretty much the way I see things. Thor has stated in "Disclosure" that we were more than allies; we are friends.
            s
            p
            o
            i
            l
            e
            r
            s
            p
            a
            c
            e
            h
            e
            r
            e

And from the ep of "Covenant" he proves it.
            helping keep the secret of the stargate does not even come close to be a fair trade for what we have done for them. they need to start giveing us some real tangible compensation for all we have done for them

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              helping keep the secret of the stargate does not even come close to be a fair trade for what we have done for them. they need to start giveing us some real tangible compensation for all we have done for them
              I'm sure that more tangible stuff will be coming...eventually. In the mean time, thwarting panic on a global scale was a nice thing for a friend to drop by and do for us.

Comment

I'm sure that more tangible stuff will be coming...eventually. In the mean time, thwarting panic on a global scale was a nice thing for a friend to drop by and do for us.
                Not to mention the fact that he brought back the idea of building us a nice little hyperdrive to the Asgard High Council....
                sigpic

Comment

A real practical matter is that the Asgard has to consider what technology we're ready for....NOT to protect us, but to give us stuff that we can handle so we can fix it ourselves, instead of running to them all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by gwangung
                    A real practical matter is that the Asgard has to consider what technology we're ready for....NOT to protect us, but to give us stuff that we can handle so we can fix it ourselves, instead of running to them all the time...
                    IMO, the Asgard could only guess what technologies we were capable of by monitoring satellite transmissions and the tech. behind the satellites themselves. Since O'neill took that step that put us on the path to becoming the fifth race, Thor and the other Asgard are now aware that they had underestimated us. He is also abe to see just how far we've come when we try to back-engineer alien tech. All this said, I believe the Asgard know what we can and can't handle when it comes to technology.

Comment

IMO, the Asgard could only guess what technologies we were capable of by monitoring satellite transmissions and the tech. behind the satellites themselves. Since O'neill took that step that put us on the path to becoming the fifth race, Thor and the other Asgard are now aware that they had underestimated us. He is also abe to see just how far we've come when we try to back-engineer alien tech. All this said, I believe the Asgard know what we can and can't handle when it comes to technology.
                      We were capable of cloning an Asgard....that's definetly worth something.
                      sigpic

Comment

when did we clone an asgard? we cloned a goa'uld thats a start i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                          go watch the latest ep

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                            In Covenant.
                            sigpic

Comment

Firstly, our planet isn't even united under one government. The Asgard realise just how destructive human beings can be, each with their own agendas. Why would they give us technology that would change the balance of power and knowing humanity, alot of that tech won't be used against the Guaold but against each other as each one vies to control technology. As for us having superior technology, I doubt it. I bet the Asgard have a store of Ancient technology that they study too. After all they had real life Ancients as their Allies.

We've helped the Asgard a few times, but it's all self interest. We'd rather have the power of the Asgard as our allies when enemies like the Replicators etc eventually attack Earth, than them destroyed. Even now the Guaold don't attack Earth for fear of the Asgard, not because of a weapon many of them suspect doesn't work.

Of all the alien races, atleast the Asgard have helped somewhat, even the other advanced human races have had ulterior motives. They are on a level beyond us, and they act like a big brother.
                              Check out Stargate Quantum Wars!
                              http://quantumgate.stargatewars.com/...d=hb1111394599

Comment

Working...
                              X