Buffy/Angel Season by Season Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffy/Angel Season by Season Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Come on, I know there's a good amount of you Buffy/Angel fans out there!

Let's get the ball rolling here. Favorite characters, anyone?

Mine were:
    Buffy - Xander and Spike
    Angel - Angel and Wesley

Oh and do use spoiler tags here. Some of us may just be getting into these great series.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Haven't seen a single episode of Buffy (I intend to, someday), but I've seen most of Angel and it's one of my absolute favourite shows.

My favourite characters are Angel and Spike, and.....everyone else. They're all such great characters, I love them all, and it's too hard to choose!

Love all the Angel/Spike scenes in season five, priceless stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Haven't seen a single episode of Buffy
      u should, ASAP - Angel is the Buffy spinoff (with spike as the "tie" between the 2)

Don't expect the same as Angel though - for one thing it's a lighter tone & a somewhat "quirkier" premise (in a positive way)
      it may come across as aimed solely at a young audience (teens) but that's only on the surface

It's well worth it

anyway - fave chars:

Buffy: first Angel, then Spike from season 6 onward and especially after 7x15

Angel: Angel

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
        u should, ASAP - Angel is the Buffy spinoff (with spike as the "tie" between the 2)

Don't expect the same as Angel though - for one thing it's a lighter tone & a somewhat "quirkier" premise (in a positive way)
        it may come across as aimed solely at a young audience (teens) but that's only on the surface
        I've been meaning to see it, but it disappeared from SPACE's schedule last Christmas.....and I've got no $$$ at the moment for the DVD's, I know I'd love it though.

Comment

I saw Angel first as well before I started watching Buffy. I refused to at first just because of my hatred for SMG but I bought the first season set and I really enjoyed it. Much more than I thought I would.
          sigpic

Comment

Whoo! I love Buffy, and I love what I've see of Angel. My friend got all of Buffy on DVD as a gift (season 6 from me when I went to the states) and we just spent the last year and a half watching it. We would conregate in my downstairs livingroom and watch 2 or 3 episodes every Sunday (depending on if Gilmore Girls was on).

Before we started watching I'd seen end of 4, 5, 6 and a couple of episodes from 7. But now I have seen every single episode. My fav episodes would be... Once More With Feeling *squee*, Restless, Hush, Conversations With Dead People, and some others, the names of which have slipped my mind atm.

My fav characters would be... Buffy (duh), Anya, Xander *hugs*. I also liked Cordie, but mostly on Angel, and I loved loved loved Doyle. I cried for a week...
            Fav pairing... Willow and Tara Again I cried for a week...
            Joss hates happily ever after doesn't he?

YAY!
            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

i started watching buffy when it first came out, and then watched angel as well. i thought they were both great. i cant really single out the characters i liked most, cause i pretty much liked them all. both shows were really well written and i thought the acting most of the time was great.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz
                I also liked Cordie, but mostly on Angel, and I loved loved loved Doyle. I cried for a week...
                I never liked Cordelia, although she did grow a little more on Angel at least.
                As for Doyle...
                Spoiler:
                Shame he wasn't able to come back like Joss had planned
                sigpic

Comment

I have to say i like angel and buffy serie i watch as you say right now
                  couse there is no stargate @ the monemt i have to do something

Comment

I never quite managed to get into Angel, but I loved Buffy. It was so interesting, watching the characters develop... I think my favorite character was Willow.

Favorite quotes, anyone?

Spoiler:
                    Superstar
                    Riley: These spells, they really work? I mean, can you really turn your enemies inside out? Or... learn to excrete gold coins.
                    Anya: That one's not so much fun.
                    Willow: They work, Riley, but they take concentration. Being attuned with the forces of the universe.
                    Xander: Right, you can't just go librum incendere and expect --
                    [The book catches on fire; Xander closes it rapidly.]
                    Giles: Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books.

Beer Bad
                    Xander: And was there a lesson in all of this? huh? What did we learn about beer?
                    Buffy: Foamy.
                    Xander: Good, just as long as that's clear.

The Freshman
                    Girl: Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior?
                    Buffy: Uh, you know I meant to and then I just got really busy.
                    I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Quotes! I love those ones you posted!!!! Two of my favourites are
                      Spoiler:
                      Buffy-bot:If we want her to be exactly, she'll never be exactly, I know, the only really real Buffy, is really Buffy, and she's gone, who?!

Dawn: Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, I love you more than all other fishes
                      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

I watched practically all of Buffy with my girlfriend. At first, it was for her benefit. But I really grew to love the show overall. Spike was definitely my favorite character, hands down. That's why I loved it when he joined Angel too.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I watched practically all of Buffy with my girlfriend. At first, it was for her benefit. But I really grew to love the show overall. Spike was definitely my favorite character, hands down. That's why I loved it when he joined Angel too.
                          I've only seen a couple of episodes of Angel with Spike in it. Mostly the one with the ring.

Buffy spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          How did Spike come back? Cause he seemed pretty deaded at the end of Buffy. Like with the whole burning and almost dusting thing...

But I like how in the last episode:
                          Spoiler:
                          BUFFY It’s different. He’s different. He has a soul now.
                          ANGEL Oh. Well.
                          BUFFY What?
                          ANGEL That’s great. (sotto) Everyone’s got a soul now.
                          BUFFY He’ll make a difference.
                          ANGEL You know, I started it. The whole having a soul. Before it
                          was all the cool new thing.
                          BUFFY Oh, my god, are you twelve?
                          ANGEL I’m getting the brush-off for Captain Peroxide. It doesn’t
                          necessarily bring out the champion in me.
                          Tehe
                          sigpic

Comment

Just watched "School Hard", the first appearance of Spike. Man, that was a great episode.

Spoiler:
                            Loved how Spike just got up and killed the Anointed One. About time that kid bit the dust! "From now on, were gonna have a lil less ritual and a little more fun!"
                            sigpic

Comment

Well this place certainly died a lot quicker than I expected it to.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X