Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello people - first thread and ideas about stargate.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello people - first thread and ideas about stargate.

Hello I really like the series and this is my first post so hello.

I've always thought they're going about this wrong. What I'd do if I was in charge!?

it just seems so nuts. why even bother trying to keep the star gate secret when earth is threatened with anhileration.

They should have brought it out into the open and fight the evil doers in a much harsher manner. Billions of people live on earth, there are million of soliders whos weoponry though simplicistic is proven in star gate episodes to take down a lot of alien stuff.

In the mean time a million chinese soldiers could have pured through the gate and done some havoc seizing worlds disrupting the goulds resources etc.

instead they seem to huddle in a corner awaiting the inevitable.

I think the Atlantis series in that way makes more sense, in the episodes that have filtered to the UK so far it seems there is a necessity to disguise where they have come from and all that and to fight a limited conflict..

..but for series after series I've been thinking - isnt about time they ended the secrecy and fought them in a more open manner?

They kinda did with Disclosure, new Order 1 and 2, LC 1 and 2, and Rising 1 and 2.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

the did indeed. though nothing really was done about it. a russian team that doesnt seem to do much. but nothing really has changed. no plans for galactic liberation.

Comment

Stargate SG1 follows the missions of the team SG1, on certain missions.

We are not going to get a check in every week from every team.

Also, the other governments know about the gate, but are having thier own personal country conflicts at the moment, so they don't step in. Plus do they wanna pay you know X billions a year to get involved?

They pretty much solved their problems by sending an atlantis team through the gate.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

One main reason the gate hasn't been disclosed to the world is because it would probably spark a war right here on ol' mother Earth, and then the SGC COULDN'T concentrate on what's behind the gate. They'd probably be brought to a full standstill while the nations of the world duked it out over posession and control of the gate. It's all covered in "Disclosure", Where only a handful of governments are told about the gate, and still they have not disclosed it to their people.

In fact, This weeks episode deals with this topic. You poor folks in the UK have to wait, though. :-( Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by confused_canary
            the did indeed. though nothing really was done about it. a russian team that doesnt seem to do much. but nothing really has changed. no plans for galactic liberation.
            The point of the Stargate mission is NOT Galactic Liberation; it's to acquire alien technology. The war against the Goau'ld evolved after repeated contact with them. The Tau'ri are not liberators...more like "terrorists" in the war against the Goa'uld.

Comment

The covert method of the SG teams is the best way to go. If a million chinese, as you say, poured thru the other gates spoiling things for the Goa'ulds, they would then ban together just long enough to wipe us out and one Ancient outpost wouldn't be enough to save our collective asses!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

They reason why we kept the Stargate off the public stage is our plans to get advance alien tech for our own needs, not for the world, America, I hate to say this but Spoilers: China was right when in Momento. The only reason we told other nations was the fact that we had a 6 year head start and wanted to prepare the other nations for the comming attacks.

Not that I America did anything wrong, the Stargate is our property we found the first one and bought the second one from the Russians. We also payed for the program we should get all the tech that comes out of the gate.

Not that we just want tech, we are also doing lots of good in the galaxy, we help a lot of people get free from the Goa'uld. And if the other nations want to share tech give us $X00 millions, then we will talk.
                "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
                of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
                Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
                because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
                of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
                another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

Comment

Originally posted by Larry The Chevron Guy
                  One main reason the gate hasn't been disclosed to the world is because it would probably spark a war right here on ol' mother Earth, and then the SGC COULDN'T concentrate on what's behind the gate. They'd probably be brought to a full standstill while the nations of the world duked it out over posession and control of the gate. It's all covered in "Disclosure", Where only a handful of governments are told about the gate, and still they have not disclosed it to their people.

In fact, This weeks episode deals with this topic. You poor folks in the UK have to wait, though. :-( Sorry.
                  I don't see it that way. No matter what the populace would think knowing that we had the only stargate, it wouldn't make a difference. No one is gonna even try to take it. I'm not being biased, but there's a reason the U.S. is the only super power. Oh, yes, there would be a lot of political wrangling going on, but it wouldn't change anything. Politicians are reknowned for bloviating profusely and never getting anything done. It's what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    I don't see it that way. No matter what the populace would think knowing that we had the only stargate, it wouldn't make a difference. No one is gonna even try to take it. I'm not being biased, but there's a reason the U.S. is the only super power. Oh, yes, there would be a lot of political wrangling going on, but it wouldn't change anything. Politicians are reknowned for bloviating profusely and never getting anything done. It's what they do.
                    Example of typical morning briefings at the SGC.

Hammond: As you know people possession of the stargate talks have bogged down at the U.N.

Carter: So essentially, General, they're still bickering over the neutral site for the stargate.

Daniel: (speaking rapidly, natch), Probably not so much as the neutral site as to moving the stargate anywhere other the the U.S. if I read the current administration's preferences correctly.

Teal'c: Indeed...

O'neill: So it's business as usual. Right General?

Hammond: You have a go. You leave for planet PX244 in 1 hour.

Comment

Working...
                    X