Game: Star Trek Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game: Star Trek Encounters

Bethesda Softworks has announced that it's ready to ship its first Trekkie video game: Star Trek: Encounters for PlayStation 2 is available in North America this week.

Encounters is a shoot 'em-up arcade style space combat game with five generations at your control: Ships and characters from The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise.

An authentic Star Trek universe provides missions based on classic moments from the TV series and films.

Choose from 3 gameplays: Skirmish Mode, Episode Mode, or go head-to-head against a friend in Multiplayer Mode.

Bethesda and Rednote Audio recently announced that composers Rod Abernethy and Jason Graves have written the symphonic music for all its Star Trek games.

A Q&A with Frank Arnot, managing director at Encounters developer 4J Studios, is posted at Firingsquad.

Star Trek: Encounters for the PS2

Looks interesting. I've been keeping track of these games for a few months now because I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for "Star Trek: Legacy" to come out for PC. I'll probably wait until a review is released for this game before deciding whether or not to buy it since I haven't bought or played PS2 games for a few years and much prefer the PC.

For those who are interested, "Star Trek: Legacy" is due to follow on November 7th for XBox 360 and PC. You can read the article here.
    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
      For those who are interested, "Star Trek: Legacy" is due to follow on November 7th for XBox 360 and PC. You can read the article here.
      Sounds very interesting
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

This game came out of nowhere. Meh, I'm more interested in Legacy at this point.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Hmm, not bad. But since I'm not a PS2 owner (and likely never will be), Star Trek: Legacy is the game I'm waiting for. I need to immerse myself in the Trek universe while I'm waiting for the new game by playing Armada II and Elite Force II.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
            Hmm, not bad. But since I'm not a PS2 owner (and likely never will be), Star Trek: Legacy is the game I'm waiting for. I need to immerse myself in the Trek universe while I'm waiting for the new game by playing Armada II and Elite Force II.
            Armada 2? You mean Armada 1 right? Seriously, I love those Armada games I would love to have seen more from that series.

This games looks good too.

Comment

Star Trek: Armada 2 has always been my favourite game. Although it's concept isn't typical of Star Trek its an amazing game for truly getting the feel for commanding a fleet of starships and kicking some borg butt.

I'm hoping Legacy will steal the place as my game. Again, for anyone interested, you can view the trailer for Star Trek: Legacy [PC] here
              //

Comment

Star Trek: Armada 2 has always been my favourite game. Although it's concept isn't typical of Star Trek its an amazing game for truly getting the feel for commanding a fleet of starships and kicking some borg butt.

I'm hoping Legacy will steal the place as my game. Again, for anyone interested, you can view the trailer for Star Trek: Legacy [PC] here
                Thanks for the trailer.

Comment

I actually liked the first one more than the second. I didn't like the whole multi-plane deal the second Armada had. But Legacy looks quite amazing.

Encounters on the other hand...well, maybe it'll be good but I got a bad feeling considering the fact that they announced it so quietly.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                    I actually liked the first one more than the second. I didn't like the whole multi-plane deal the second Armada had. But Legacy looks quite amazing.

Encounters on the other hand...well, maybe it'll be good but I got a bad feeling considering the fact that they announced it so quietly.
                    I'd agree about Encounters. I've never liked any of the Playstation Star Trek games.

For the games in general... it may seem quite a quiet release but I've known since around June time and have been following the games avidly via IGN. Most game sites have been following its progress and are hoping that the games will give Star Trek games a new boost. The official websites for the games are quite good too.

The most anticipated game of them all is Star Trek: Legacy, which I agree should be amazing. It's going to span the entire Trek timeline, featuring some of the most spectacular battles from across all series, which you will command. It'll include all the main Starfleet and alien vessels and all five captains [Shatner, Stewart, Brooks, Mulgrew & Bakula] have lent their voices to the game.
                    //

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                      Armada 2? You mean Armada 1 right?
                      It's definitely Armada II. It is a near to impossible game to get a hold of. Fortunately, one of my friends had a copy and he gave me a loan of it indefinitely.

Comment

It's definitely Armada II. It is a near to impossible game to get a hold of. Fortunately, one of my friends had a copy and he gave me a loan of it indefinitely.
                        I have both Armada's. They the only ST games i own...
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                          I have both Armada's. They the only ST games i own...
                          The only games I have really re-played are the Star Trek games, those being, Armada 1 and Elite Force.

Comment

I have the first Elite Force and completed it ages ago. It was quite a good game apart from the final boss. It was more like a Quake style Uber boss battle; didn't sit quite that well with the Trek universe. Heh, I loved trying to annoy Tuvok by constantly 'using' him. I wanted to see if it was possible to make him lose that calm Vulcan demeanour.

Comment

I have the first Elite Force and completed it ages ago. It was quite a good game apart from the final boss. It was more like a Quake style Uber boss battle; didn't sit quite that well with the Trek universe. Heh, I loved trying to annoy Tuvok by constantly 'using' him. I wanted to see if it was possible to make him lose that calm Vulcan demeanour.
                              I agree, the last boss, wasn't that great. Overall, I enjoyed the game, I felt like I was playing in an episode of Voyager.

Comment

Working...
                              X