Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dexter

Just curious. I just finished watching the new TV series, Dexter, on Showtime. I was wondering how others felt about it. It does have a unique premise......
    Spoiler:
    serial killer a member of Miami's CSI, with a foster sister on the Vice squad, hoping to get into Homicide. He is still an active serial killer, but one with "morals"???? OK, not morals....but rules?

Anyway, I was just hoping for some feedback.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Gee, I guess either no one watched the premire, or doesn't get Showtime or didn't care enough to post a response. Oh well.....
    Last edited by Lida; 01 October 2006, 10:23 PM.
    On fighting:

Comment

Showtime? Dexter? Wha?!
      I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Sorry if you don't get Showtime, because Dexter is one unique TV show. Incredible premise and a wonderful new actor.....perfect casting. Anyway, hope you do get to see it at some point.
        On fighting:

Comment

W......What's Dexter? because I've never heard of it...
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I watched the first two episodes which you can watch for free online. I'm studying Forensic Psychology so I find it very intriguing, and it brings up some interesting moral questions. Do the people he kills deserve to die in the way he kills them? I thought his girlfriend looked familiar, turns out it's Darla from Angel.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I just found this show a few days ago and I love it. It's brutal and I must admit, I like seeing scumbags getting chopped up by Dexter. If anyone wants to see the episodes, PM me, I'm not sure I could give the link out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher View Post
                I just found this show a few days ago and I love it. It's brutal and I must admit, I like seeing scumbags getting chopped up by Dexter. If anyone wants to see the episodes, PM me, I'm not sure I could give the link out.
                Dexter IS fantastic, finally a forensic themed series, with a real twist. As for the moral questions it raises, what a debate that could spark. Don't we, as a civilization, already segregate and at times, put to death, those deemed by society to be "evil" and remoresless. I think Dexter, having been raised to have a psuedo-conscience, by his "dad", is not in the same category as those he "hunts". Does that make it right or even OK, by our current standards? You tell me.
                On fighting:

Comment

I am holding off watching the season finale.....and am amazed that more people are not totally intrigued by this amazingly well written, acted, produced and directed series. Micheal C.Hall is plu-perfect, and I can't wait for the next season to begin. Sorry, I seem to be alone here, in my praise of this ground breaking series, but the professionals are all agreed.... Dexter is a hit!
                  On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                    I am holding off watching the season finale.....and am amazed that more people are not totally intrigued by this amazingly well written, acted, produced and directed series. Micheal C.Hall is plu-perfect, and I can't wait for the next season to begin. Sorry, I seem to be alone here, in my praise of this ground breaking series, but the professionals are all agreed.... Dexter is a hit!
                    Totally right! The show is a hit! Season 1 was just awesome! I would have never seen this coming! Wow

Some appreciation pix

sigpic

Comment

Reccently saw the first episode but due to timing haven't managed to catch one since. REally enjoyed it and really like the idea. I'll probably invest in the original books at some point too.
                      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Wow I absolutely love Dexter my brother was talking about it one time and it sounded really interesting so I watched the first season in about a week. I can't seem to disagree with what he does and I can't seem to not love him. He's such a great character, great actor as well. I know he's from another show I think six feet under maybe. But yeah great show I love it I'm so dieing for the second season and for the books.
                        You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
                        -Libba Bray

Comment

Dexter is great. I'll be getting season 1 on DVD sometime after it comes out and I'm waiting for season 2 to start. It's definitely a good move for Michael C. Hall from his years on Six Feet Under. He's got excellent acting skills.

I have noticed a few parallels to Six Feet Under besides the obvious (death). He has a "like-dislike" relationship with a black cop (in this case, it's mostly dislike), he has a younger sister who gets herself into trouble sometimes. His father is out of the picture and he's kind of "in charge" of the family as it were. A few other things as well almost certainly unintentional and nothing beyond a coincedence.

Comment

This show is great!

Comment

Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                              This show is great!
                              Indeed! Season 2 totally rocked! The end was perfect! Exactly what I wanted to see

These pix are soooo hawt

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X