Clear All

Deleted Scenes

Are they considered cannon?

I would guess not. Ask Brad about it.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I think that deleted scenes are generally considered canon as they are removed because of time more than anything else.

sigpic

Comment

i doubt it considering they write more scenes but always edit lots out because of there time limit, so no i highly doubt, only episode ive seen such a thing is Threads in season 8 wheres where it 24 minutes longer
        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Unless its been included in on a directors/producers/extended cut of the release, then no. Not all deleted scenes are removed because of time restraints, there may have been a rewrite/reshoot.

Comment

are the dvd box sets the full episodes? i've got the box sets and i havn't seen all of the episodes on tv so i don't know. If they aren't, then they should be, just cause it would be much cooler...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Unless its been included in on a directors/producers/extended cut of the release, then no. Not all deleted scenes are removed because of time restraints, there may have been a rewrite/reshoot.
              What he (?) said.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard
                are the dvd box sets the full episodes? i've got the box sets and i havn't seen all of the episodes on tv so i don't know. If they aren't, then they should be, just cause it would be much cooler...
                The episodes on the DVD are in their full and final uncut version, however this doesn't mean that those episodes still do not have cuts. Some channels will do their own edits, which doesn't make them a deleted scene.

sigpic

Comment

canon is what has aired. so the long version of threads, those cut scenes are canon.

but shades of grey for example, where a whole scene with the tiernods (the natives tehy stole that invisithingie from) was cut, those aliens are not canon because it wasn't seen on the screen

What the dvd's have is an 'uncut' in that the commercials are gone, as is the space for them, thus the episode is about 43 solid minutes. and, to the best of my knowledge, they have yet to insert deleted scenes into them.

we've allheard about scenes that were taped and cut. janet telling sam she as cleared for duty in ascension for example, a sam/vala scene in a s10 eps. but if they dont' air, they don't exist

when/if mgm goes back to remaster episodes and stick stuff in that hasnt' aired, then this will become a topic of debate. what is canon? on the tv screen or on the dvd
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Somewhat off topic, I wish they would release any filmed deleted sequences on the DVD season sets.

Comment

The one deleted scene that I would love to have seen, and I have NO idea why it was cut, was a scene that was filmed for "Full Circle." Remember when Sam sees Daniel for the first time, and Daniel sort of barely acknowledges her? Apparently, there was a whole scene filmed because Michael and Amanda felt that there should definitely be a reaction between them, especially since it was the first time that Sam had seen Daniel since his ascension.

For whatever stupid reason, the director cut the scene because they were running overtime, and he felt it "worked without it." Um, no it doesn't. EVERYONE noticed how Daniel barely acknowledged Sam. Daniel would never have done that, and apparently, he didn't. Like I said, a whole scene was filmed between Michael and Amanda and was later cut.

Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum
                        The one deleted scene that I would love to have seen, and I have NO idea why it was cut, was a scene that was filmed for "Full Circle." Remember when Sam sees Daniel for the first time, and Daniel sort of barely acknowledges her? Apparently, there was a whole scene filmed because Michael and Amanda felt that there should definitely be a reaction between them, especially since it was the first time that Sam had seen Daniel since his ascension.

For whatever stupid reason, the director cut the scene because they were running overtime, and he felt it "worked without it." Um, no it doesn't. EVERYONE noticed how Daniel barely acknowledged Sam. Daniel would never have done that, and apparently, he didn't. Like I said, a whole scene was filmed between Michael and Amanda and was later cut.

Idiots.
                        Now, be nice.

Actually, the scene does work "without it."

Think of how anxious Daniel was. The pending fate of the Abydonians was heavy on his heart, and he was eager to find the Eye of Ra ASAP.

Now I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people brush off people they care for when the stakes are high, when they're trying to focus on something rather important.

That's how I viewed the scene. Daniel and Sam were just on different wave-links, and Sam was waved off due to Daniel's concentration.

It's pretty darn realistic, considering what was going on.

Comment

Yes, iti s very annoying that they don't include deleted, extra or extended scenes on the dvds.
                          Not even a feckin' blooper reel.
                          Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                          O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

The most annoying part of all is that most of the bloopers and cut scenes we've been allowed to see so far have come from, *shudder*, Sci-Fi. >_>'

Comment

Here's hoping we get to see certain outtakes from 200, namely those scenes that MS & RDA did

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Working...
                              X