This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the Asgard?

I have been trying to figure out where the Asgard are in our battle against the Ori. Am I forgetting something that was mentioned in one or more episodes? Did they have ships at the battle at the supergate? I realize that they are based in another galaxy, and that they are busy rebuilding their civilization. I also realize that they have helped us in the technology on our ships, even giving us technical advisors onboard. But come on, they have always been very interested in our galaxy, being in some ways our protectors. I am certain that they would send ships.

Consider also: They were were considered equal partners with the Ancients, although perhaps not as technologically advance. Therefore, they should now be more advanced technologically than the Ancients were at the time of their ascension (or at least pretty darned close!). I believe that their current technology level should at least be somewhat effective against the Ori army.

What are your thoughts? I apologize if this topic has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

We find out what Thor has been up to a an episode or so before the finale. Here is a sneak peek

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate
      We find out what Thor has been up to a an episode or so before the finale. Here is a sneak peek

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/434/thormm9.jpg

Teal'c looks a bit lost...
      sigpic

Comment

The Asgard did send in ships but they lost too! I remember there was ships...hmmm..

Comment

they dont want to be involved that much i think or maybe they are fighting the ori in other galaxyies
          sigpic

Comment

They are otherwise occupied. I hope we see them again by season's end.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

usually takes more than one year to rebuild a multi galaxy empire back to it's might
              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate

ROFLMFAO.....hope thor can swim...
                In Memory of Stalingrad

May She Never Be Forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                  usually takes more than one year to rebuild a multi galaxy empire back to it's might
                  GreyFox: True enough. However, I don't think the Ori are likely to stop at the MW galaxy. So, it would behouve the Asgard to not only be of assistance, but help lead the fight.

Comment

i they had 2 i think with there best tech and it got owned with like 4 shots i dout they are setting them up to get nocked down it costs money to build ships

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

I'm guessing that the Asgard ran.
                      They ran so far away.
                      They ran all night and day.
                      But they couldn't get away.

Comment

The Asgard are the most technologically advanced ally we have. They were seen as protectors for humans through-out the show. I'm sure there is a reason why the writers havn't shown a proper showdown between the Asgard & the Ori. I reckon it has something to do with that "matter of great importance" Thor was involved with.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thor didn't renew his contract for Season 10.

Seriously, they are probably busy with rebuilding. SG-1 can't keep running to the Asgards, but what help can they be at the moment? We need Ancient technology to defeat the Ori, not Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc
                            Seriously, they are probably busy with rebuilding. SG-1 can't keep running to the Asgards...
                            The Asgard have had nearly two years to rebuild. They've previously managed to rebuild their civilization on new planets in less time than that (Orilla). So i'm pretty sure "rebuilding" isn't an excuse anymore.
                            ...but what help can they be at the moment? We need Ancient technology to defeat the Ori, not Asgard.
                            Asgard technology would probably be the closest to Ancient technology at the moment. Keep in mind, like the Ancients, the Asgard were the dominant race in two other galaxies. That itself should be enough to show how advanced they are.

Ever since the replicator saga, people have started to underestimate the Asgard... If you rewatch the pre-replicator episodes, you will be reminded of just how powerful the Asgard really are. The replicators pose a threat to any race. Even the Ori would have trouble with them.

So far we have only seen an Asgard science vessel being destroyed by the Ori (Camelot). I don't think that is enough to make the Asgard fear the Ori. When we see an actual showdown between the Ori ships and the Asgard fleet, that is when we'll be able to properly measure the Asgard against the Ori.

The fact that the writers put in a science vessel in the 'Camelot' battle, instead of a mothership, itself shows that the writers didn't want us to see how an Asgard mothership would fare against the Ori. I'm guessing the reason is because an Asgard mothership would actually do some damage.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Asgard are still around but there's not really all that much for them to help us with at the moment since Earth isn't in direct conflict with the Ori. If Earth isn't out there battling their ships etc. then why should the Asgard dedicate ships and resources to fighting them alone on our behalf when they know they'll lose? It just wouldn't make sense.

I'm sure that, if and when the time comes to renew our direct conflict with their ships and armies, the Asgard will be drafted in to help.
                              //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                              Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Working...
                              X