This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascended Plane and the Sangral

Ok I have searched and didn't find a similar topic so here goes. Ok we know that the Ori are are Ascended in their galaxy and as the asgard said we need to activate the weapon in their galaxy. Now we have Ascended Alterans in our Galaxy and Lantians in Peagasus. But my question is this. Morgan was Ascended when Merlin created the weapon and this was after they retreated back to MW. So if she was ascended in MW and appeared to us in Pegasus then does the Ascended plane span all the galaxies and is interconnected? If so then it wouldn't matter where we activated the weapon as all ascended beings would be destroyed. Thoughts?
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

I think its connected. In my opinion the ascended plane is just as big as the universe. Only difference? Its on a HIGHER plane of existance.

Comment

Yeah, the "ascended plane" is just another dimension in the universe. Like Subspace/Hyperspace, the Cloaking Device Dimension, the Arthur's Mantle Dimension, and all those.

Comment

I'm thinking it's connected too, unless ascended beings have a way of putting up their own barriers once they've ascended. Which I doubt, at least that's it's very effective, because the Ori seem to know exactly what's going on the Milky Way.

Comment

What the weapon must do if infect the dimension that spans the Ori galaxy. So that anyone (ascended) would be destroyed.

Comment

It would depend on what sort of physical laws govern the dimension the ascended beings live in. Merlin must have understood them so I find it unlikely he'd create a weapon that would kill all the Ancients as well as the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by dss202529
              It would depend on what sort of physical laws govern the dimension the ascended beings live in. Merlin must have understood them so I find it unlikely he'd create a weapon that would kill all the Ancients as well as the Ori.
              Maybe he would create such a weapon. Especially if he thought it might be the only way to stop the Ori. Think about that. Maybe he was willing to sacrifice himself and the other ascended.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i cant see it killing ancients as well (i.e. all acended being at the same time) but i cant start to imagine how its gonna work choosing what ones to wipe out.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dr McKay
                  i cant see it killing ancients as well (i.e. all acended being at the same time) but i cant start to imagine how its gonna work choosing what ones to wipe out.
                  Maybe it'll have two switches on it. One that reads "Kill Ancients", and the other "Kill Ori".
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We have seen ascended beings use a stargate in the episode where sg-1 is on Kebb.I think it is probable that Morgan simply returned to Atlantis sometime after its evacuation using a stargate. I don't personally believe that the ascended plain of exsistance spans the entire universe, but more likely there is an ascended plain that makes up the fabric of each individual galaxy. Further proof of this theory is addressed by Daniel stating that if the Ori entered our Galaxy directly,they would encounter the wrath of the Ancients. If the ascended plain encompassed the entire universe the Ori would already be in our galaxy, so then they would already be fighting it out. More proof to support my theory is that when Orlin was addressing the cancer man prior he said that his life was an open book to him the moment he stepped into our galaxy. again if the plain encompassed the entire universe his life would already have been an open book.
                    Last edited by Excellion_razor; 28 September 2006, 01:30 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      Maybe it'll have two switches on it. One that reads "Kill Ancients", and the other "Kill Ori".
                      Yeah, Kill Good, Kill Evil. lol

Originally posted by Excellion_razor
                      Further proof of this theory is addressed by Daniel stating that if the Ori entered our Galaxy directly,they would encounter the wrath of the Ancients. If the ascended plain encompassed the entire universe the Ori would already be in our galaxy, so then they would already be fighting it out. More proof to support my theory is that when Orlin was addressing the cancer man prior he said that his life was an open book to him the moment he stepped into our galaxy.
                      Thats interesting, but at present we dont know the location of the Ori galaxy do we? surely to use the weapon they would need to be in the right place or they would just wipe the ancients out. If this is the case then it allows the end of the season to be "race to the ori galaxy" between sg1 and the orai (trying to stop them) Although its specualtion it would be interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

if the ascened plane did span out the entire universe they would be meeting all the other ascended beings like yoda, quinn gon jin and darth vader(joking)

plus if its a weapon to destroy asceneded being as for ascended being they are really powerful, wouldnt it be quite alot and i mean alot of power to use the weapon because vsair the asgard said it worked as a zpm bring energy from a yada yada yada. that would mean it be more than like the power from 'trinty' and probaly be using the universe as a power source.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          Maybe he would create such a weapon. Especially if he thought it might be the only way to stop the Ori. Think about that. Maybe he was willing to sacrifice himself and the other ascended.
                          I don't doubt it for a second. I think he was willing to pay the price no matter how high to destroy the Ori. My major concern is how exactly we could find the right way/place to activate the weapon and only kill Ori.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X