This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of a 304's bridge?

I've been wondering where on the Daedalus the bridge is. At first I thought it was at the very front of the ship, but in a couple of eps we've seen the view from the window out, showing quite a bit of the ship streching on infront of the bridge (allies SG:A, in the company of theives SG-1)

Is it the structure on the back of the ship, where the communications array was in 'The intruder'?

The thing I circled in red is the bridge and in the top pic you can clearly see that the structure right outside is the missile silo's. This would mean that what is directly behind the missile silo's is the bridge.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I always thought it'd be in the superstructure up the back. Interesting. wonder what that thing is anyway?
      Sometimes the truth........
      Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
      Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
      - General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Casanova
        I always thought it'd be in the superstructure up the back. Interesting. wonder what that thing is anyway?
        Maybe someday we'll find out. But what I've provide is the bridge.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Thanks! Those pictures show it perfectly too. You can also see a railgun emplacement in both pictures I think.

Comment

Isn't that their radar/tracking system up there?

Comment

Here's a better shot that actually shows the bridge window itself in plain detail just aft of the vertical missile launchers:

Personally, i'd be willing to be dollars to donuts that the vertical structure towards the aft quarter of the vessel houses the communications and/or sensor array(s).
              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
              - Serenity

Comment

So that leads to the next question, where was the bridge on the X-303?

Comment

mefusta where did you get that pic form ?
                  and yes the bridge is in the structure behind the missle silo's
                  the bridge with the x303 is in the big tower

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
                    Here's a better shot that actually shows the bridge window itself in plain detail just aft of the vertical missile launchers:

Personally, i'd be willing to be dollars to donuts that the vertical structure towards the aft quarter of the vessel houses the communications and/or sensor array(s).
                    That one of the piture of the douglas I have ever seen.

Comment

The rear tower on the left is probably a sensor/comm control tower, notably used for F-302 guidance.

That is, I'm fed up seeing SPACEships only have comm devices on their back and not on their belly or at least on their sides to cover a larger cone.

Frak, those dishes and balls and whatever are only located on the top of your naval ships because there's something called the horizon, the ocean surface.

They still use sonars pointed downwards to scan what below them.

Stop ripping off Star Wars' star destroyer design and actually think about it for a second.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
                        The rear tower on the left is probably a sensor/comm control tower, notably used for F-302 guidance.

That is, I'm fed up seeing SPACEships only have comm devices on their back and not on their belly or at least on their sides to cover a larger cone.

Frak, those dishes and balls and whatever are only located on the top of your naval ships because there's something called the horizon, the ocean surface.

They still use sonars pointed downwards to scan what below them.

Stop ripping off Star Wars' star destroyer design and actually think about it for a second.
                        On the photos of the bottom of the Daedalus, I have seen some weird bubbled things that could be communications arrays.

Comment

Originally posted by Armagaiden
                          So that leads to the next question, where was the bridge on the X-303?
                          Under the Ice of Antarctica....
                          O'Neill: I cant go on....
                          Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

on this picture of a BC-304 i have circled the Bridge, the command centre and the observation platform:
                            Spoiler:

on this design of a BC-303 i have circled the Command Tower and the Bridge:
                            Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

If you've seen Ethon, you know that the F-302's come out of the side things.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X