This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General O'Neill

Did you all like RDA's guest appearances as General O'Neill in "Avalon, Part 1" and "Origin?"

Some people say he looked bored in these two episodes, but I disagree. He nailed the character as he always has. I think people are mistaking mellowness for boredom. My only complaint is that he has very little screen time in both episodes. It's more of a cameo then a guest appearance.

RDA seemed like O'Neill to me, he didn't seem bored.

Comment

My dad watches SG-1 with me, though he's not a fan, and he enjoyed RDA's brief appearance in both episodes. I guess some people wanted him to run around with a P90 while making sarcastic comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
        Did you all like RDA's guest appearances as General O'Neill in "Avalon, Part 1" and "Origin?"

Some people say he looked bored in these two episodes, but I disagree. He nailed the character as he always has. I think people are mistaking mellowness for boredom. My only complaint is that he has very little screen time in both episodes. It's more of a cameo then a guest appearance.
        I agree. He was never a starchy general and is always laid back. Would just die anytime for a glimpse of RDA in his best blues. Soooooooooo handsome!
        I wish they would bring him back full time but know it's impossible. We have the 200 ep to look forward to and isnt he in a couple of eps of Atlantis???
        RDA is too professional to be bored in a role. He always nails the character.

Comment

He seemed kind of out of it to me really. Kind of like "Alright. Cut. Print. I'm outta here!"
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by anulus
            I agree. He was never a starchy general and is always laid back. Would just die anytime for a glimpse of RDA in his best blues. Soooooooooo handsome!
            I wish they would bring him back full time but know it's impossible. We have the 200 ep to look forward to and isnt he in a couple of eps of Atlantis???
            RDA is too professional to be bored in a role. He always nails the character.
            He's appeared in five episodes since he left SG-1.

9-01 "Avalon, Part 1"
            9-03 "Origin"
            10-06 "200"

Atlantis
            3-06 "The Real World"
            3-10 "The Return, Part 1"

Next year, when the second half of the season of both shows airs, we'll see him in "The Return, Part 2" and one more SG-1 episode rumored to be "The Shroud." Wether he'll guest star in the series finale is unkown at this time.

Oh, and General O'Neill also has a large role in Atlantis "Rising," but that episode aired between SG-1 "New Order, Part 2" and "Lockdown."

Comment

RDA himself said in a recent interview he wasn't too happy with those scenes. Apparently he'd just come back from his seal hunt protest, had a bad leg and wasn't feeling too great, so I think he did a good job under the circumstances.

Personally I think they were ok. They could have been better, maybe mentioned something about his new job, but there you go.
              I liked the scene he had with Daniel, for me it said the friendship between them was still there, Daniel tells him he's scared which he wouldn't say to anyone else, and Jack's not sorry Daniel didn't go to Atlantis
              It worked for me....

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Working...
              X