This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Your Hearing

How high can you hear on the ultrasonic scale. I recommend wearing headphones for the test.

http://ultrasonic-ringtones.com/

I'm about 17.7 Khz (which is good, guessed my age correctly). Without headphones it was 16.7 Khz.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

i got to 15 all the high numbers i can't hear 8-15 are the only ones i can hear
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 17 September 2006, 10:26 AM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You are an easily repelled teenager
      The mosquito device was made for the likes of you. You are probably begging to make the noise stop!

The highest pitched ultrasonic mosquito ringtone that I can hear is 18.8kHz

although i can hear the 19.9kHz, there's no choice for it

Comment

I heard up to - and I am completely, absolutely serious - 21.1kHz. It told me that I am a dog or maybe a mosquito, because I'm 'certainly not human.'
        [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

I heard up to 17.7kHz

The last time I did this test I was 13, and I heard up to the end of the scale the teacher used...I think it was at about 24 or something...it lessens as you get older

Edit: Forgot to turn up my headphones...heard up to 18.8kHz
          Last edited by sueKay; 17 September 2006, 11:09 AM.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hmm I can hear 19.9kHz

"Your hearing rules! You're either quite young or you've looked after your ears"

Well that's good to know! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
              I heard up to - and I am completely, absolutely serious - 21.1kHz. It told me that I am a dog or maybe a mosquito, because I'm 'certainly not human.'
              Same
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

lol! i got 16.7, im apparently 20 yrs old

go me

Comment

Odd. My hearing is terrible yet i heard up to 21.1kHz.

ETA: ... Does anyone else think that the 22.4kHz isn't real and they just play silence? ... Paranoid? The hell i am!!!

EDITED AGAIN: HA! I knew i wasn't paranoid! Clicking the highest one says:

"You claimed to be able to hear a tone that contained absolutely no sound!"

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Isn't it funny how so many of us have 'superhuman' hearing?
                    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

I got up to 19.9Hz. I think I could have gone up but the AC is on and I can't turn it off
                      I should stop doing the test, i have a bit of a headache.

"That boat chase at the end was unrealisic" - Martin Gero

Comment

I got up to 17.7kHz.

I'd say that's pretty good, considering I'm 29 and holding.
                        I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Or maybe you are a mosquito, you certainly can't be human.

The highest pitched ultrasonic mosquito ringtone that I can hear is 21.1kHz
                          And that's after I developed chronic tinitis from listening to music too loud. Apparently I did manage to stave off the damage in time. Or it just hasn't kicked in yet.
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I don't understand the results of this "test". I could easily hear the 21.1kHz sound, and yet I'm certainly old enough to be mother to almost everyone in this thread. LOL And I certainly don't have extraordinary hearing.

Is this test just a joke, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                              I don't understand the results of this "test". I could easily hear the 21.1kHz sound, and yet I'm certainly old enough to be mother to almost everyone in this thread. LOL And I certainly don't have extraordinary hearing.

Is this test just a joke, then?
                              Not really. You probably just took care of your hearing. The quality this tests is frequency range. These days, most people, because of our often loud environment, lose frequency starting around adolescence and continue to do so for the rest of their lives. You apparently kept your ears from much damage.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                              X