This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate vs Military. Facts & Fics

The main reason I actually started watching Stargate sg-1, was because of the respect and integrity, that the writers and actors showed, of the people who save our lives and give up a life of hope and dreams just so we can have ours.

The whole issue with O'niell and Carter caught my attention as it showed an example of sacrifice. But I have to say, if the writers choose to separate these characters and involve them with other characters in the end; I would feel very insulted.

The military is about saving lives, not ending it. And from what I see, they seem to want to end a relationship that has been developing from day one.

My girls love watching the show, especially the romance, tension and feelings shared between O'niell and Carter; and the last thing I want them to say is that they hate the military for separating these two officers; because that’s not what the military is about. However as things seem to be heading in that direction, that point of view of the military will fill the minds of the young; and I feel like that would be a huge loss and disappointment.

My daughters encouraged me to start this thread in hopes that other people with the same point of view can make their feelings known. So please feel free.

Originally posted by rose evans

The military is about saving lives, not ending it.
    That depends on your definition of what "saving lives" is...
    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Another duplicate so I'm closing this one too.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
      X