Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

CBS' new series is slated to begin shortly. Interest appears to be running high. This thread is for discussion of the series.

Fluffy may have had more to do with the problems facing Jericho than anyone knows...
    sigpic

Well...it does have Ashley Scott.

Heres something I found about the story:

Spoiler:
    Thirty-two year old Jake Green (Skeet Ulrich) plans a brief return to his childhood home in rural and isolated Jericho, Kansas, to much fanfare from his mother and friends, who have only had intermittent contact with him. Jake appears to be hiding something, as each of his interactions with one of the town's citizens elicits different explanations of why he was out of touch for so long, which include playing minor league baseball and joining the Navy. Despite objections from his mother, Jake plans to leave Jericho as quickly as he arrived.

During Jake's exit from town, the electronic equipment in and around Jericho begins to fail. At the same time, a mysterious, possibly nuclear explosion occurs to the west (presumably at Denver, Colorado), and a mushroom cloud suddenly becomes visible above the Rocky Mountains. Distracted by the explosion, Jake is involved in a car accident, and is forced to walk back to Jericho. As he returns to the town, evening falls - and news spreads that a second explosion has occurred in Atlanta, Georgia.

With communications and power out, Jake and the small town of Jericho face the challenge of being physically and psychologically isolated from the outside world - not knowing what is left of that world, or how many others are still alive - and of finding a means of survival in the midst of panic and chaos.

I'm dead?
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I thought the pilot was pretty good. There were some weaknesses, but hopefully they can be ironed out in future eps. I'm definitely curious to see where the show is going... and whether or not the premise will be able to hold up for a long run (assuming it lasts past the first few eps).

Comment

The pilot was ok, I wont judge the show from it just yet though. I'll be watching it though, although I'm unsure how many interesting stories there are to be found in an isolated town before it starts repeating itself.

Spoiler:
        The escaped prisoner should prove an interesting plot device though.

Comment

Not seen it (it's not out in the UK yet, is it?) but from what I've heard, sounds like an Outer Limits Style Lost to me, Might watch it if it arrives here, give it ago anyway...

Comment

This is actually one of the shows I'm looking forward to this fall. I saw a bunch of clips and the concept is fascinating.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Seems based directly off of "Alas, babylon". I'll probably give it a shot. Right down to the bombs over the mountians.
              Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Hmmm, I'll have to definitely check it out.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The pilot is online and I thought it was horrible. If nukes go off then the cars would be fried and they won't have power. It was just rather boring, it really needs to pick up. The C story was the best one, the Atlanta one.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                    The pilot is online and I thought it was horrible. If nukes go off then the cars would be fried and they won't have power. It was just rather boring, it really needs to pick up. The C story was the best one, the Atlanta one.
                    wrong... EMP pulse that would fry electronics would happen if nuke detonates in atmosphere, not on ground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMP_Pulse

and i'll check it. sounds it might be interesting...
                    VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

One of the characters, Dale, has a page/blog on MySpace Rumor is that at some point his blog is gonna intersect with a storyline in the show.

Comment

The pilot aired tonight. Potential. Some good cast members. But, like all pilots, it's a "let's wait and see" next week what they do with this.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just as good on the second viewing, IMO. Sure, there are cliches galore and a whole heap of schmaltz, but I still like it.

Hope TPTB can do justice to the potential of this show. ...And that it lasts for more than three eps.

Comment

Originally posted by silence
                            wrong... EMP pulse that would fry electronics would happen if nuke detonates in atmosphere, not on ground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMP_Pulse

and i'll check it. sounds it might be interesting...

How about you find a real ****ing source instead of some bull**** I could make up and throw online.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Hope TPTB can do justice to the potential of this show. ...And that it lasts for more than three eps.
                              That's the key, isn't it? Sad, but true. Network TV doesn't give things much of a chance before pulling the plug.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X