Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis (George Hammond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a Star Trek fan, but I completely agree with him when it came to sets, but I didn't think he was being harsh or anything as all those 60 and 70s shows were the same, from Star Trek, Lost In Space Dr. Who, Blake's 7.

They all had these crappy sets, although to me Star Trek wasn't as bad but you can always tell when you see something like the big foam rock being thrown

sigpic

Comment

I very much enjoyed the interview..! I miss Gen. Hammond..! I'd love to see Don come back for a visit in the world of Stargate. I always thought his character was still working as a personal advisor to the President, whereas O'Neill was acting as the head of Homeworld Security. I'm really looking forward to the next half of the interview.
      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Don's take on Hammond is that the character has fully retired. But we don't get into that in Part Two. We focus mainly on his feelings about life, his mortality, and the tear-jerking experience of "Heroes."

Comment

Great part 2. Although the way the one question was worded, I thought for a second DSD was dating *TR!*

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Great part 2. Although the way the one question was worded, I thought for a second DSD was dating *TR!*
            lol, me too, i had to do a double take, and then a triple take just to be sure!

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

General Hammond was one of my favorite characters. He brought a sense of realism and intergrity to the show.
              I would like to thank DSD for his remarkable portrayal of him, he is also quite a character himself.
              I salute you.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I like him. In a lot of these interviews (and any interviews anywhere) people are always so careful to not say anything which may possibly offend someone somewhere. He says what he thinks and I have great respect for that, and I hope he's around for a lot longer.

Comment

I really loved the bit about the American Military. Like someone said, he's just so honest and frank. I have a whole lot more respect for DSD. Great interview.

Ps. His health problems, when TPTB scheduled round when he could work in 2002, i'm right in saying that would be S6?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

good inteview
                    sigpic
                    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                      I like him. In a lot of these interviews (and any interviews anywhere) people are always so careful to not say anything which may possibly offend someone somewhere. He says what he thinks and I have great respect for that, and I hope he's around for a lot longer.
                      My thoughts exactly! I admire his candor (and his appreciation for old films).

Part 2 was even more revealing than the first part--an all around great interview. DSD brought a combination of warmth, intelligence and authority to General Hammond and I miss him a lot......

Comment

Great second parter. As others have posted here, I love his honesty. There are not too many actors that speak out about social conditions and the such.

For a man with a big heart, it's sad to think that he had a problem with his.

Comment

I've included a poll to help me better understand the "video not displaying for some" issue.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                            I've included a poll to help me better understand the "video not displaying for some" issue.
                            Great interview, and David, both videos just worked fine for me.
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I love the part about how he went on a double date. I heard that at a convention and Teryl and Don can NOT keep their stories straight. When I hear this story again I was cring with laughter. I can see Don and Teryl having this conversation at the convention. Don and Teryl crack me up!!!!

People haven't made any Janet emotion icons!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!
                              Stargate Pants Girl
                              (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                              Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

I used to like him, but after his flippant comments about America's pointless slaughter of countless innocent civilians from my homecountry, I'll be watching old episodes of Stargate with a bad feeling in my gut whenever he's on-screen. He speaks negatively about propaganda and then makes uninformed comments on things beyond the scope of his knowledge based on the falsities fed to him the politicians he criticizes.

What a man.

Yeah, when you talk through your... "hat" about any form of mass-murder, it's going to "get you in trouble".

If the moderators want to delete or censor me for speaking negatively about an actor, they can go ahead - and have Gateworld's frontpage be used as a vehicle for uncontested and biased comments about grave historical issues.
                                Last edited by AutumnDream; 15 September 2006, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X