Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis (George Hammond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis (George Hammond)

VIDEO INTERVIEW:
    INTIMATE PORTRAIT
    GateWorld talks with Don S. Davis

Don S. Davis sits down with GateWorld to reflect on a lifetime of work, mortality, and his future plans.

READ MORE ...
    Yes, both high and low bandwidths display!
    83.33%
    Well, only the 'high' displays.
    0.00%
    Only the 'low' displays ...
    8.33%
    Neither work for me!
    8.33%
    Last edited by Darren; 14 September 2006, 06:29 PM.

great interview i first i thought this was a old interview just bumped up but i was surprised that got him for a new interview with Don.

love the questions it was nice to get to know him better you got into his life outside of stargate which is what i liked. hopefully his health keeps up and he's around for a while. And that he considers to the original main cast as his family or his children.

glad he is still keeping up with his art hobby i hear he is very good at that.

looking forward to pt 2
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have to say I was impressed with this interview as it gave me a completely new outlook on Davis.

I know that Ronnie Cox was a musician, but I never knew Don was was teacher and he did painting, sculpting and wood work, that he's got a PHD for that work and he's even did a bit of stunt work and that he's been in the military, which is amazing. It's an incredible (or awesome as americans like to put it) insight into one of the of the more enjoyable actors on TV.

I have to say that this was an excellent interview and I can't wait for part 2.

sigpic

Comment

Wow, really good interview. Can't wait for Part II. I especially liked hearing his thoughts on Science Fiction, most SciFi actors who are asked that question tend to say they wern't before but are since working in SciFi and leave it at that, which is annoying considering it's one of the most interesting questions SciFi fans like to hear answered by those who work(ed) in SciFi.

I salute you for conducting such a good interview.

Comment

Thanks for the great interview with Don

Helena
          sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
          Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Cool interview. I wonder what Trekkies will think about his statement on TOS:

"And then to see something, especially on film, that looks like a retarded two-year old created it in their back yard, is not entertaining to me."

Comment

I don't know about anybody else, but whenever I try and download the hi-res versions of the last couple of interviews, I get "bad filename or volume name" errors.

You might want to look at whether your large videos are compiling properly.
              "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
              ==============================================================
              Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
              Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

What a great interview! Learned a lot of new things about one of my SG-1 favorites---I'm looking forward to the second part......

(I love original Star Trek and I thought DSD's comments about it were frank and very funny....)

Comment

Don is nothing if not frank. It's one of the things that makes him so interesting. He won't mince with you.

Originally posted by Tiletron
                  You might want to look at whether your large videos are compiling properly.
                  I'll have a look into that. I assume though that for everyone else on hi-band that the large file played OK?

Part Two deals less with Don as an actor and more with Don as a person. (Though some would say that's most of what you got in Part One). At the end of Two you will be fully aware of his opinion of the American military and his love for his wife, Ruby, who is one of the classiest ladies I've met.

I'm glad most everybody's enjoying the piece. It took a lot out of me to build.

Comment

grate interviwe i would love to see michiel shanks in some big movies after stargate finish
                    sigpic
                    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

Thanks David. This was a great interview.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for another great interview. I had the chance last December to see part of Don's art portfolo at a charity event he was attending. I can't wait until his stuff goes online for purchase he really does great work.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Great to see this interview with DSD. I'm glad he was able to influence Hammond's style. Although he's right that people do leave jobs etc. in real life and so the show is reflecting that w/ Hammond being out of the picture, I miss Hammond! Looking forward to part 2. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks to you guys for doing the interview and to Don for taking time out of his schedule to do it. Loved the background to him getting the job and his thoughts on Hammond's character. I'm looking forward to Part 2.
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson
                              Cool interview. I wonder what Trekkies will think about his statement on TOS:

"And then to see something, especially on film, that looks like a retarded two-year old created it in their back yard, is not entertaining to me."
                              As a Trek fan, I think he was a tiny bit harsh, but he's basically right. Time was an enemy to those set-makers.

I'll tell you one thing, I for one don't want to anger Mr. Davis...ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X