View Poll Results: Are the video interviews displaying for your computer?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, both high and low bandwidths display!

10 83.33%
  • Well, only the 'high' displays.

0 0%
  • Only the 'low' displays ...

1 8.33%
  • Neither work for me!

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis (George Hammond)

Site Admin

Hammond INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis (George Hammond)

VIDEO INTERVIEW:
    INTIMATE PORTRAIT
    GateWorld talks with Don S. Davis

Don S. Davis sits down with GateWorld to reflect on a lifetime of work, mortality, and his future plans.

READ MORE ...
    Last edited by Darren; September 14th, 2006 at 06:29 PM.

Hammond Re: INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis

great interview i first i thought this was a old interview just bumped up but i was surprised that got him for a new interview with Don.

love the questions it was nice to get to know him better you got into his life outside of stargate which is what i liked. hopefully his health keeps up and he's around for a while. And that he considers to the original main cast as his family or his children.

glad he is still keeping up with his art hobby i hear he is very good at that.

looking forward to pt 2

Default Re: INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis

I have to say I was impressed with this interview as it gave me a completely new outlook on Davis.

I know that Ronnie Cox was a musician, but I never knew Don was was teacher and he did painting, sculpting and wood work, that he's got a PHD for that work and he's even did a bit of stunt work and that he's been in the military, which is amazing. It's an incredible (or awesome as americans like to put it) insight into one of the of the more enjoyable actors on TV.

I have to say that this was an excellent interview and I can't wait for part 2.

First Lieutenant

Thumbs up Re: INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis

Wow, really good interview. Can't wait for Part II. I especially liked hearing his thoughts on Science Fiction, most SciFi actors who are asked that question tend to say they wern't before but are since working in SciFi and leave it at that, which is annoying considering it's one of the most interesting questions SciFi fans like to hear answered by those who work(ed) in SciFi.

I salute you for conducting such a good interview.

Thanks for the great interview with Don

Helena

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
    Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Cool interview. I wonder what Trekkies will think about his statement on TOS:

"And then to see something, especially on film, that looks like a retarded two-year old created it in their back yard, is not entertaining to me."

Stargate: Horizon 3D Artist/Production Designer Tiletron's Avatar

I don't know about anybody else, but whenever I try and download the hi-res versions of the last couple of interviews, I get "bad filename or volume name" errors.

You might want to look at whether your large videos are compiling properly.
    "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
    ==============================================================
    Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
    Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

First Lieutenant SimilarCadence's Avatar

What a great interview! Learned a lot of new things about one of my SG-1 favorites---I'm looking forward to the second part......

(I love original Star Trek and I thought DSD's comments about it were frank and very funny....)

Doci
    (Moderator)

Don is nothing if not frank. It's one of the things that makes him so interesting. He won't mince with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiletron
    You might want to look at whether your large videos are compiling properly.
    I'll have a look into that. I assume though that for everyone else on hi-band that the large file played OK?

Part Two deals less with Don as an actor and more with Don as a person. (Though some would say that's most of what you got in Part One). At the end of Two you will be fully aware of his opinion of the American military and his love for his wife, Ruby, who is one of the classiest ladies I've met.

I'm glad most everybody's enjoying the piece. It took a lot out of me to build.

In a bipedal tank a sort of metal gear (leeds)

grate interviwe i would love to see michiel shanks in some big movies after stargate finish

Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012 champions!!!
    Sir Kevin Sinfield
    http://joelhopkins.wordpress.com/ my blog (not always PG)
    Metal gear fan

Ruffler Extraordinaire dipsofjazz's Avatar

Sam Re: INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis

Thanks David. This was a great interview.
    <a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dipsofjazz/media/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...dadf52b3fe.jpg</a></a>

Thanks for another great interview. I had the chance last December to see part of Don's art portfolo at a charity event he was attending. I can't wait until his stuff goes online for purchase he really does great work.

Great to see this interview with DSD. I'm glad he was able to influence Hammond's style. Although he's right that people do leave jobs etc. in real life and so the show is reflecting that w/ Hammond being out of the picture, I miss Hammond! Looking forward to part 2. Thanks.

Thanks to you guys for doing the interview and to Don for taking time out of his schedule to do it. Loved the background to him getting the job and his thoughts on Hammond's character. I'm looking forward to Part 2.

General

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_Watson
    Cool interview. I wonder what Trekkies will think about his statement on TOS:

"And then to see something, especially on film, that looks like a retarded two-year old created it in their back yard, is not entertaining to me."
    As a Trek fan, I think he was a tiny bit harsh, but he's basically right. Time was an enemy to those set-makers.

I'll tell you one thing, I for one don't want to anger Mr. Davis...ever.

I am a Star Trek fan, but I completely agree with him when it came to sets, but I didn't think he was being harsh or anything as all those 60 and 70s shows were the same, from Star Trek, Lost In Space Dr. Who, Blake's 7.

They all had these crappy sets, although to me Star Trek wasn't as bad but you can always tell when you see something like the big foam rock being thrown

Thumbs up Re: INTERVIEW: Don S. Davis

I very much enjoyed the interview..! I miss Gen. Hammond..! I'd love to see Don come back for a visit in the world of Stargate. I always thought his character was still working as a personal advisor to the President, whereas O'Neill was acting as the head of Homeworld Security. I'm really looking forward to the next half of the interview.
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Doci
    (Moderator)

Don's take on Hammond is that the character has fully retired. But we don't get into that in Part Two. We focus mainly on his feelings about life, his mortality, and the tear-jerking experience of "Heroes."

Great part 2. Although the way the one question was worded, I thought for a second DSD was dating *TR!*

Quote Originally Posted by jckfan55
    Great part 2. Although the way the one question was worded, I thought for a second DSD was dating *TR!*
    lol, me too, i had to do a double take, and then a triple take just to be sure!
    http://myspace-570.vo.llnwd.net/0101...10025570_m.jpg

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.