X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod Owes Rodney

Spoiler:

Since Rodney depleted our only ZPM saving Rod's life, possibly dooming our universe to a horrible death by the wraith and/or submission to the Ori, i'm guessing Rod owes Rodney big time. Maybe Rod might be kind enough to send them (somehow) a ZPM or at least instructions on how to get another one. (Rod's universe has two)

I really liked the episode.
    I'm hoping the writers bring back Rod or even bring in Mensa Sheppard eventually.

Spoiler:
    And how do you suggest he sends the ZPM over (even if he wanted to)? Should he open up the matter bridge that almost destroyed the universe, beam one ZPM through and use the other one to close the rift again, leaving him without any ZPM's?
    *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Spoiler:

Keep in mind it is an alternate universe. Therefore he can pull the same trick the alternate SG-1 team did in "Ripple Effect". Also i'm sure Rod and Rodney can come up with ways to do the impossible on short notice, rodney's done it before... maybe mensa sheppard can do it too

It all boils down to how much the writers want him back. If they want to bring him back for another episode they'll concoct some new means of moving between alternate universes. Afterall, when the quantum mirror was destroyed they concocted the stargate/blackhole combo being able to connect to alternate universes.

And on the same vein of concoction: The writers need not have Rod give up both ZPMs or even one. Maybe Rod might have important information about ZPMs (like where he got his) or how to defeat the Asurans (who knows, they might have already done so in their universe) at which point Rodney can just swipe their ZPMs.

If no physical transport is possible, then a tiny microscopic connection to send information is all that is required. Maybe they could link together the two ancient computers and have Rod project himself by hologram to this universe.

Maybe they can even have Mrs. Miller back for some story where one of her children (from either universe) comes down with an illness and the only long shot cure is to get a bone marrow transplant from the other child in the other universe.

Anyway its all matter of writing good story around good characters. If ya hate Rod and don't want him back that's fine, ya don't have to agree with me.

I'd still like to see Rod return later, maybe season 4. But that's just me.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Anyone else wonder why there was no Entropic cascade failure?
        McKay:...ZedPM
        O'Neill: Zed?
        Jackson: He's Canadian
        O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

I think that the writers should bring Rod back to help our SGA team fend off the invading Asurans.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Spoiler:
            he might not have been there long enough for entropic cascade failure to happen
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Mensa shep would be funny. he'd tell Rod to stop Kirking

Comment

i heard somewhere that rodney wasted 30% of the zpm
                sigpic

Comment

I think this is a possible nod to Red Dwarf and you can bet that there will be another 'Rod' adventure in the future.

Besides I think it was funny and cringing finding out a few things about Meredith...I mean Rodney.

Anyway those of you who are Red Dwarf fans will know who I'm talking about.

"Smoke me a kipper skipper, I'll be back for breakfast."

Comment

It would be nice to see "Mensa Sheppard". He's obviously a scientist, but he could be civilian (like Rodney) or military (like Sam). I wonder why he's so immodest?

Comment

Well, there's really no need to get another ZPM since
                      Spoiler:
                      the Asurans are going to ravage Atlantis. The Atlantis Team might be able to steal some from the Asurans when they vanquish them from their fair city

Comment

That would be very nice. Although, looking at the future episodes I wouldn't doubt if they did get another that it would most likely be nearly depleted.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Yep...Rod owes Rodney big time....I AM SO SICK OF ATLANTIS BEING OUT OF POWER!!! Gosh, their rolling blackouts are worse than a 3rd World Capital (no offense anyone) with a small coal powerplant in 120 degree heat...They need to stop wasting ZPM's or getting them just in their grasp and then losing them...How many times has the team had something to do with a ZPM and either its dead, dying, taken away by radical priestesses, or used up by the team...KEEP 2 of them so we can have some defense and discover cool stuff in the city...I would say 3 but then they can just fly the city away...ok, my rant is over...

Comment

I don't see how Rod owes Rodney.

Rodney created an experiment that was going to destroy an entire, populated universe. Rod came over to put a stop to it. I think Rodney owed Rod and everything is even with him sending Rod back. What better way to say "thank you" for stopping me from destroying an entire, populated universe than sending him back home?

Comment

I loved this ep and would love this storyline revisited. I hope we see this revisited and Jeanie as well.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X