Memento Mori (1008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
    I am not a huge fan of Vala's, but this episode, though Vala-centric, kind of works for me.
    Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    I agree. I guess she grows on you after awhile...
    My sentiments exactly
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Hello!

I really liked this episode. I liked how Vala was shown throughout it.

It was neat to see her take down the robbers at the diner. Vala was at first really kick butt and then confused.

I hope that Vala and Daniel get to have a proper date later on. It was not fair that she was taken from it.

I thought that it was perfect that Vala was watching The X-Files.

I was glad that when the bad guys came to get Vala that Cameron gave chase on the motorcycle. I have to say as a Farscape fan I could not help but think it was neat that it was Cameron that set out to get Vala first.

I know that it may seem to be rather like having a dose of fan service with Cameron being undressed but it makes sense. If he got away he would have to put something on to take Vala with him. Vala did not know if he was really her friend. It would give Vala an opening if she had to get away from Cameron which of course she did not have to.

I really liked the two warmhearted scenes at the end. I was glad that Daniel was able to get Vala to remember him and then gave her the hug. I also liked when Landry gave Vala her SG1 patches.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Loved Cam on the motorbike.
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
          I just want to say one thing about the episode, most of it sucked, the only good parts were Cam in the Hotel Room and the and finale scene in Daniel's Office. Worst episode this season.

I got to say the Mallozzi/Mullie writing team has been writing bad episodes lately, I think they're in a slump.
          It's because they don't write together as a team anymore ((still) kind of annoys me)

Agreed,
          Cam looked badass on that bike.

Tomorrow, the record breaker (which since has been broken by Smallville).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            I didn't see this episode when it first aired. Now I have the season box set I saw it for the first time the other day. I've never been able to decide whether I like Vala in the SG setup or not. This episode confirmed for me that I like her more as an outsider who decides to help SG1 for altruistic reasons on occasion.

This episode showed that she's much better when portrayed as being on her own and us seeing her survival instincts in action. Vala's nature in itself does not lend itself easily to the constraints of what being part of the SGC involves.

When she was confirmed as a member of SG1, I was sitting there wondering where that came from suddenly! Was it because she seemed to show genuine joy in remembering who she was and what her life was at the moment to Daniel when he rescued her? Daniel then told everyone how genuine she was and she was now part of the team, goodness knows!

The car chase was the worst car chase I think I've ever seen! To me it had the feel of a load of amateurs getting a car and a motor bike, getting on the highway and trying to recreate their favourite movie car chase!!

When they turned up on that turn off for Surrey/Langley stretch of highway I've been on once or twice, that made it even worse!!! That certainly was not Colorado!! Now that just ruins the whole idea of the setting for the episode! I know they like to thrown in references to Vancouver on occasion but this didn't work at all!
            I vaguely remembered that I didn't think much of this episode when I first saw it. Hmmm.

Time and the re-watch has softened my view a little, as this time round I'm enjoying season 10 more than when I first saw it.

This time round I saw Vala with a little more sympathy especially after Daniel seemed to welcome her and has clearly become quite fond of her despite the ups and downs of getting to know her. I am a bit surprised at how much I've come to tolerate Vala with rewatching this season in its entirety for the re-watch.

My views on the car chase haven't changed. In fact it still looked just like my daily commute on the roads of Vancouver, I even had a motor bike swerve in front of me as it weaved in and out of the traffic this morning, so nothing different or exciting about it!

Comment

Still a pretty meh ep. Vala is becoming more of a likeable character though.

T's interrogation's are always funny haha I so want to know what he whispered.
              sigpic

Comment

This is a good episode mostly for the Vala emphasis. She really hasn't had a episode devoted to her for character development yet this season so I think it was time for a Vala centered episode. I like how it mixes action and insight into how Vala has changed. I am specfically talking about the Daniell dinner scene and the climax of the episode. The Trust angle seems like nothing more a plot device to get an amnesic Vala running around. I have to say the zat traveling across a metal beam was the coolest thing ever. It seemed a little out of place to give Vala SG1 badges at the end. I agree its about time for that to happen but at the same time it seemed tacked on.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

This is my favorite season 10 episode--but then, I hate the Ori arc.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Tuesday night another ep of SG1...

1. OK SG15 seemed like morons. The woman you're looking for has just jumped out of a window beside you.

2. Still can't lipread Teal'c.

3. Zat blast travelling along beam, missed that first time round.

4. Charlotte/Athena's meant to be Goa'uld...yet wasn't she the same woman that succsessfully posed as a human in Ex Dues Machina, specifically as Ba'al's PR woman or something? HOw?

Still a bit meh.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                      Charlotte/Athena's meant to be Goa'uld...yet wasn't she the same woman that succsessfully posed as a human in Ex Dues Machina, specifically as Ba'al's PR woman or something? HOw?
                      You're right, same character. I have a theory.

In season seven's "Fallout," Kianna was one of Ba'als underlings and successfully passed as human. Carter didn't sense the presence of a goa'uld because Kianna masked the naquadah in her blood with an injection of something.

Athena/Charlotte was working with Ba'al in season nine, so perhaps she too used the injections to pass as human.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                        Still a pretty meh ep. Vala is becoming more of a likeable character though.

T's interrogation's are always funny haha I so want to know what he whispered.
                        I still can't stand her...

I know! me too!
                        sigpic

Comment

"Another Vala episode. Time to fast forward", was my first thought.
                          It seemed Vala was much better as a waitress, that as a member of SG1.
                          But I watched it and must admit, it was a good exciting episode.
                          I like the story line with the Trust, they are damn evil and continue to screw everything up ...

Comment

Another good episode

It was nice seeing Vala be centre stage. She has been such a breath of fresh air to the show.
                            Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                            Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

I had the giggles during the fight scene at the diner...Soooo badly choreographed and filmed.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

At the end of the episode, she couldn't call Sol and say "Hi, I'm fine, my memories came back. I work with the Air Force. Thanks for helping me out so much. I sent you the money for my lunch bill". (And did the guy whose car got stolen by Vala get it back?)
                                Last edited by Morgania; 12 June 2014, 09:39 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X