Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what about the ancient city on Athos?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what about the ancient city on Athos?

I just thought about it... why hasnt the expedition gone to check out the Ancirnt city on Athos? there should be something there that Mckay would love to play with.. cus if is a city could it be something like the asuran city without any beings there?

Originally posted by PuddleJumper3
    I just thought about it... why hasnt the expedition gone to check out the Ancirnt city on Athos? there should be something there that Mckay would love to play with.. cus if is a city could it be something like the asuran city without any beings there?
    I'm not entirely certain it was an Ancient city - it might at best have been an outpost - but I think it was mainly an Athosian city from before they were defeated by the wraith - like the cities on Sateda or from the episode Trinity.

Comment

Yeah, it was sort of a small town thing the Ancients had left there, but certianly not a city.

Just a few buildings.

Comment

Im not so sure about that myself. I think it was a city. Remember that Rodney said the people on the planet in Trinity were ancients! Why would it be so hard to believe that the ancients didnt have a city on Athos?

From this picture here:
        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/101x631.html
        It kinda looks like it used to be a city, just a bombarded and old, crumbling city.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRising
          Im not so sure about that myself. I think it was a city. Remember that Rodney said the people on the planet in Trinity were ancients! Why would it be so hard to believe that the ancients didnt have a city on Athos?
          If I remember correctly from Trinity that wasn’t an Ancient city populated by Ancients, there were just some Ancient scientists that were there working on the weapon and power source.

Comment

pretty sure its been discussed before , iirc tayla mentioned that everything had been destryoed there

Comment

remember the people of PG had millenias to advance technilogically. they were probably heavily influenced by the ancients which could explain lantean like architecture, they might have even worked together like on dorandus. its still worth a look if the wraith did completely claim that planet.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure Teyla called the city a city of the Ancestors (not the, a). However, it's been completely destroyed.

And, yes, in Trinity, that wasn't an Ancient city. It was just a city where the Ancients did some experiments.

Comment

the athosians are a bit advanced possible advanced than earth and would of had help from the anceints but hte wraith destroyed dem because they might be getting abit advanced, there might of been a ancient area but likly destroyed
                  sigpic

Comment

the wraith destroyed the city, while there may stuff there it's probably damaged
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

It's entirely possible that was an earlier city, built well before Atlantis and has either been picked clean or abandoned a long time ago. Besides - Atlantis was a 'repository of our knowledge and culture' for the Atlanteans...

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie
                        It's entirely possible that was an earlier city, built well before Atlantis and has either been picked clean or abandoned a long time ago. Besides - Atlantis was a 'repository of our knowledge and culture' for the Atlanteans...

Tech Junkie
                        Atlantis was built before the ancients left earth for pegasus. You really gotta go rewatch some things. No offense.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Teyla mentioned in an episode that everything on Athos was bombarded to the ground by the Wraith after her people left the planet in Rising.
                          sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

They should do a stargate in legoland!!
                            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

it shows that the wraith were over kill in numbers in the first war to take out a galaxy of ancients and full of advanced societies (most of which were probably like the athosian city level and dorandan) teyla said the mastered fire a long time ago and had that cool lighter, that may possibly came from the athosian city that her people built long ago
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X