The all inclusive final scene/episode speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The all inclusive final scene/episode speculation thread

Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I am a little new, so if I violate any rules I apologize in advance.

Basically, I got to thinking: The Ancients won't help out in the fight against the Ori. So, we are at a severe disadvantage, because we are ousted in technology and beat out in the area of special powers. Help from an ascended being could possibly turn the tide in the battle against the Ori. But unfortunately, the Ancients will not allow any Ascended beings to interfere on our plane. But what about a half-ascended being?

Anubis is techhnically not a full ascended being. Also, he is "allowed to wreak havoc" as punishment for Oma's actions. This means that, if Anubis were to return to our realm, the Ancients would not prevent him from aiding us. Of course, I believe they did say something along the lines of "he wasn't allowed to do anything he couldn't do as a normal System Lord". Of course, that can be very flexibally interpreted. Even if he were barred from using any Ascended powers, he still has the knowledge of the Ancients. He could provide Earth with new technology and defenses against theOri. He might even know the location of Merlin's weapon!

Basically, I am proposing the possiblility that SG1 makes a temporary alliance with Anubis to deal with the Ori threat. Worst case, he cant help them. Best case, they have an ascended being on their side.

Well, thats my first post. Tell me what you think

- Einx359

well, I doubt anubis will want to do anything else but kill us (especially daniel jackson). And oma's final punishment was an unending battle with anubis. If he were to descend, then oma wouldn't have anymore punishment. We all know how much the ancients love their punishments.

Comment

Originally posted by einx359
      Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I am a little new, so if I violate any rules I apologize in advance.

Basically, I got to thinking: The Ancients won't help out in the fight against the Ori. So, we are at a severe disadvantage, because we are ousted in technology and beat out in the area of special powers. Help from an ascended being could possibly turn the tide in the battle against the Ori. But unfortunately, the Ancients will not allow any Ascended beings to interfere on our plane. But what about a half-ascended being?

Anubis is techhnically not a full ascended being. Also, he is "allowed to wreak havoc" as punishment for Oma's actions. This means that, if Anubis were to return to our realm, the Ancients would not prevent him from aiding us. Of course, I believe they did say something along the lines of "he wasn't allowed to do anything he couldn't do as a normal System Lord". Of course, that can be very flexibally interpreted. Even if he were barred from using any Ascended powers, he still has the knowledge of the Ancients. He could provide Earth with new technology and defenses against theOri. He might even know the location of Merlin's weapon!

Basically, I am proposing the possiblility that SG1 makes a temporary alliance with Anubis to deal with the Ori threat. Worst case, he cant help them. Best case, they have an ascended being on their side.

Well, thats my first post. Tell me what you think

- Einx359
      If they had another season or 2 left in them, then it may be possible to give him a final farewell. However it'll most likely be a 4 part mini-seires to end it on. So there really is't enough time to be adding Nubby back into the mix again. It isn't really anything like enough to finish the Ori off either, so I'm fairly sure it won't happen. Besides if they let him go, why would he possibly want to aid the humans of the MW. He tried to use the Dakara weapon to destroy all life in the galaxy, so if he were let loose, the 1st thing he'd do is turn tail & go join the Ori.

Comment

I am pretty sure that Oma's punishment was not the unending battle, but rather his continued existance and Oma's lack of power to stop Anubis. Also, I don't think Anubis would join the Ori. The Ori eventually want to destory the Ancients, and I'm pretty sure that they won't let the few other Ascended beings live, at least not without forcing them into the service of the Ori. Anubis doesn't want to serve anyone, and the Ori dont share their power, so he would definately not side with them. I was thinking more along the lines of some offer they could give Anubis, one that would be more appleaing than an eternity of fighting Oma. Perhaps they offer that he will help them, and afterwards he would be fully ascended. That way, he would gain more power, but at the same time would be under the watch of the Ancients, and couldn't do a thing. Or, they could offer that instead, after their agreement ends, they fully descend him to a human, to live out a standard life with the potential for Ascension at the end, thus granting him a good 50-100 year break in his endless fight.

I know that this late in the game, it is doubtful that he would come in, but maybe in a movie or mini series they could add him.

- Einx359

Comment

Originally posted by einx359
          I am pretty sure that Oma's punishment was not the unending battle, but rather his continued existance and Oma's lack of power to stop Anubis. Also, I don't think Anubis would join the Ori. The Ori eventually want to destory the Ancients, and I'm pretty sure that they won't let the few other Ascended beings live, at least not without forcing them into the service of the Ori. Anubis doesn't want to serve anyone, and the Ori dont share their power, so he would definately not side with them. I was thinking more along the lines of some offer they could give Anubis, one that would be more appleaing than an eternity of fighting Oma. Perhaps they offer that he will help them, and afterwards he would be fully ascended. That way, he would gain more power, but at the same time would be under the watch of the Ancients, and couldn't do a thing. Or, they could offer that instead, after their agreement ends, they fully descend him to a human, to live out a standard life with the potential for Ascension at the end, thus granting him a good 50-100 year break in his endless fight.

I know that this late in the game, it is doubtful that he would come in, but maybe in a movie or mini series they could add him.

- Einx359
          Are you kidding! He would to join the Ori. They have muich more advanced technology and since he knows how to use Ancient tech the Ori's is similar so he would join to gain the tecnology and then he would destroy the ori absorb their power followers and technology and be a much bigger threat than ever before. THEN Oma would be very much so punished.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I doubt we'll see Anubis again in SG-1. Personally, I think Oma and him will do battle forever.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              I doubt we'll see Anubis again in SG-1. Personally, I think Oma and him will do battle forever.
              Oh I doubt it too but just imagine the trouble we'd be in if Anubis joins the Ori.

Comment

I also doubt very much that anubis will return, and personally i hope it stays that way, because I think the anubis story line is finished and ended very well, although I do think its a bit harsh on poor old Oma.

Also if he were to return, I doubt very much he'd ally himself with us.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I agree. To bring him back now would remove from the ending the sense of resolution, invalidating it. They wouldn't be able to end it in such a stylish yet low-key fashion as in S8 again. Anyway, we already have the Ori to worry about, and I think TPTB are going to have their hands full wrapping up the current storylines

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                    Are you kidding! He would to join the Ori. They have muich more advanced technology and since he knows how to use Ancient tech the Ori's is similar so he would join to gain the tecnology and then he would destroy the ori absorb their power followers and technology and be a much bigger threat than ever before. THEN Oma would be very much so punished.
                    I personally doubt he would join since he isnt like a normal Goa'uld like say Nerus. Anubis wants complete and total power...hell he was willing to wipe out all life in the galaxy and start from scratch. This just shows he wants to rule alone and if he had to serve the Ori then he wouldnt. Plus he is a semi ascended being and can't be killed by regular means therefore in effect he can be seen as pretty much indestructable. Finally why use Ori technology when he can use Ancient tech which he could adapt to war-like uses? To me there would be nothing enticing for Anubis to join the Ori...he sees himself as a god and such people would want to rule alone, not rule jointly with people who are more powerful then him.

Also I dont think he will come back either. For one, the shows been cancelled so no time for him to be introduced and if they make a mini-series well the fewer plots the better if they want to finish the Ori arc off. Secondly, TPTB stated that the Anubis storyline was finished along with the Replicators and they werent going to be big anymore in the show.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

i dont get it are fighting around up were they live like an ancient is talking to another ancient and den theres oma and anubis rolling around kicking each other on the ascended floor

or

there a empty space to fight in

somone please enlighten me
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                        i dont get it are fighting around up were they live like an ancient is talking to another ancient and den theres oma and anubis rolling around kicking each other on the ascended floor

or

there a empty space to fight in

somone please enlighten me
                        I don't think anyone really knows, its never really been explained.

What the higher plain looks like, how beings interact on it, what forces play on it, is really left completely to our own imaginations I think

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

I didn't read all the posts in this, some were pretty long...

But I think its very likely we'll see Anubis again. The way they ended that episode must have been thought out. You don't see him die, or even get hurt, you know he's just fighting Oma. They leave it open for it to go either way.

But as far as Anubis's role with the Ori, he should be smart enough to realize whats going on with them and to realize their ultimate goal. Knowing that, I doubt very much he would side with the Ori, and being that his forces are gone, he'll have to side with someone. I think he'll end up trying to gather his forces up like Hathor did, slowly, and come across something to help SG1 and offer it to them in exchange for their help with something (possibly getting rid of baal once and for all?).

Of course with the news of SG1 being cancelled, he could very well return to become an enemy in Atlantis. Theres alot of ways this can go if its wrote that he wins the battle against Oma.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                            I personally doubt he would join since he isnt like a normal Goa'uld like say Nerus. Anubis wants complete and total power...hell he was willing to wipe out all life in the galaxy and start from scratch. This just shows he wants to rule alone and if he had to serve the Ori then he wouldnt. Plus he is a semi ascended being and can't be killed by regular means therefore in effect he can be seen as pretty much indestructable. Finally why use Ori technology when he can use Ancient tech which he could adapt to war-like uses? To me there would be nothing enticing for Anubis to join the Ori...he sees himself as a god and such people would want to rule alone, not rule jointly with people who are more powerful then him.

Also I dont think he will come back either. For one, the shows been cancelled so no time for him to be introduced and if they make a mini-series well the fewer plots the better if they want to finish the Ori arc off. Secondly, TPTB stated that the Anubis storyline was finished along with the Replicators and they werent going to be big anymore in the show.
                            Agreed. I am really enjoying the Ori and agree that the less that needs to be dealt with the better.
                            A

Comment

What was the story line going to be for SEASON 10 before the crew were hit with the bad news of having Stargate SG-1 being cancelled.

Are they rewriting stories what was going to happen before they cancelled SG-1?

Comment

Working...
                              X