• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Joe Flanigan (John Sheppard)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    FRANKLY FLANIGAN
    GateWorld talks with Joe Flanigan

Stargate Atlantis leading man Joe Flanigan gets candid with GateWorld as we talk about the show's new third season, last year's failures, and where he thinks the show is improving.

READ MORE ...

Why is it so short? Other than that it's a great interview with Flanigan which I really like! I didn't know that about epiphany but I still liked it... Although it really could be better but then again which ep couldn't be a little better?

Comment

I don't know why it was so short, but I definitely thought overall, a good interview.

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Really great interview!
        I know it's not a big deal, but the link to "Epiphany" actually leads to "Critical Mass". I bet it's just a typing error (Epiphany being ep. 212 and Critical Mass ep. 213), but anyways...

Hey, short interview is better than no interview! =P

Comment

Originally posted by Inty
          Why is it so short? Other than that it's a great interview with Flanigan which I really like! I didn't know that about epiphany but I still liked it... Although it really could be better but then again which ep couldn't be a little better?
          Probably becuase they were gearing up filming? Is it possible for someone to tell us when this inteview was done? It actually sounds like it was right at the beginning of season three. Having dates on interviews helps put them in context with other interviews the actors give to other sites. Plus, just curious when it was done.

Comment

I really liked that interview. I loved the I'm not much for being censored line and the fact that Joe was forthcoming enough to say he was disappointed in how Epiphany turned out. Thanks Darren and Joe!
            Last edited by Kliggins; 01 September 2006, 01:33 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

This interview was a lot of fun, and definitely the most comfortable Joe has been when we've talked with him face-to-face. He was incredibly cool, and actually volunteered himself to us when he saw us. (As the intro says, it was during the shooting of "Irresistible" in the spring.)

It's short because, well, that's the way it goes on the set. We were interrupted and Joe was called to set, and it was the final set-up of the day so there were no more opportunities to return to the interview.

Irrelevant Tidbit #44: This interview took place inside the ground-floor structure on the village set. You've seen it as Harrid and Sallis's house in "Avalon, Part 2," the Belkan bar in "Trinity," the bar in "Crusade," and several other places.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks for that! I really enjoyed it!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                  This interview was a lot of fun, and definitely the most comfortable Joe has been when we've talked with him face-to-face. He was incredibly cool, and actually volunteered himself to us when he saw us. (As the intro says, it was during the shooting of "Irresistible" in the spring.)

It's short because, well, that's the way it goes on the set. We were interrupted and Joe was called to set, and it was the final set-up of the day so there were no more opportunities to return to the interview.

Irrelevant Tidbit #44: This interview took place inside the ground-floor structure on the village set. You've seen it as Harrid and Sallis's house in "Avalon, Part 2," the Belkan bar in "Trinity," the bar in "Crusade," and several other places.
                  Had to backtrack info, so that means it's from at least April. Thanks.

Comment

Lovely interview... David and Darren...
                    This fangirl would have liked more... *hint, hint*

Like what Kliggs said... I really appreciate his honesty about the show and Epiphany. Interesting that he's got the same vibes as many of us about last season and this season.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Nice interview! Joe is a cool guy. I get the feeling he sorta expects more out of the writers in a similar way that I do.

Anyway, why'd it just *end* like that? No, "Well, thanks for talking to us" and all.

Comment

Nice interview guys.

I loved his "censored" line and... I love his candor.

Comment

Thanks for the interview Darren and David! I enjoyed it!

I agree with Joe....I'm pretty excited about s3 as well! It's been great so far!

Comment

Nice interview. Darren, I hope you get a chance to talk with him again after the filming of this season's more Sheppard-centric episodes. It would be really interesting to hear how he feels his character's development has progressed during these S3 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren

Thanks Darren! Loved it that he's not afraid to pull any punches and is honest and forthright. Great interview and thanks for taking the time

Comment

Working...
                              X