Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why we never found a planet like Earth...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why we never found a planet like Earth...

I mean, there were/are a lot of civilizations we've met so far, more or less advanced, and none of them had a planet, where there's population beyond the stargate. There are a few where there's a Continent filled with people, but for example why the ancients doesn't have any planet like this, either in MW or in PG...
    "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
    "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
    ...George W. Bush

The main reason for the difference between Earth and other planets is the Go'ould. Most of the planets with re-settled humans were, at one time, slaves and have therefore known about the Stargate from the very beginning. Most of those planets see it as a part of their culture or religion and build around it and many have only been free from slavery from a few hundred years to just a few decades and haven't had much time to develop.

In the Pegasus Galaxy, the Wraith are the cause - destroying any advancements [for the most part] that humans may be able to make and maintaining a minimal population because of their feeding.
    Last edited by Carl; 01 September 2006, 04:07 AM.
    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

I thought that in our galaxy there was a plague (why the ancients left for pegasus). Maybe earth was the only planet whos human pop survived, then the goa'uld took people from earth and re-settled them throughout the galaxy to mine naquedah etc. (close to stargates for convenience).

Comment

Originally posted by bandras
        I mean, there were/are a lot of civilizations we've met so far, more or less advanced, and none of them had a planet, where there's population beyond the stargate. There are a few where there's a Continent filled with people, but for example why the ancients doesn't have any planet like this, either in MW or in PG...
        I'm not sure what you mean.

Hebridan was very advanced, had a huge population, and no stargate.

Langara had three warring nations, covered the entire globe, and was relatively well advanced, and thought of their stargate as pretty much a useless ancient artifact.

Nyan's planet had two continents of people, sociologically a bit backward, imo, but technologically pretty well advanced; and they had no idea that they had a stargate.

Comment

Well ok, there were those planets What I was thinking is that the ancients should've left planets enveloped with civilization, not the people, cause they either died or ascended but they should've left buildings
          "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
          ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
          "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
          ...George W. Bush

Comment

Ah but no, if they knew they were close to ascension they may have destroyed their buildings to not interfere with the humans. Or they simply moved em.

Humans on non-gate worlds were probably from the original seeding using Dakara or were dropped off by Goa'uld who were then defeated and the planet's location was lost or the info about its human pop was lost.

Comment

There were a couple Earth-like planets. There was Langara (Jonas's planet), the planet from Icon, the planet over the Promethus's core exploded. The planet with the Quantum mire looked like they thier own SGC.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bandras
                Well ok, there were those planets What I was thinking is that the ancients should've left planets enveloped with civilization, not the people, cause they either died or ascended but they should've left buildings
                Dakara had buildings left over from the Ancients. There were other sights that had some remains such as the planet where O'Niell got his head sucked for the second time. I'm guessing that when the Dakara machine whipped out the plauge it reduced mostly everything on the surface of each planet down to it's most basic level. Metals melted, glass turned to sand, paper like products decentergrated, so all that was left was the stones. Those had to go though errosian as well. Plus they said that they left for peg millions of years ago. Archologiest believe that it took 1.8 million years for us to get to our current form in evolution from the last known form.

Comment

I thought that Sateda was a lot like Earth.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                    Archologiest believe that it took 1.8 million years for us to get to our current form in evolution from the last known form.
                    just one small little tiney thing to point out, Archeologiests area of expertise only dates back to about 8,000-10,000 BC. But I get your point.
                    Dawren was wrong in the SG universe, we evolved from our ancient friends. Not monkeys. our species and the Jaffa(since they came from Humans) are Alien to this corner of the universe. It is unkown when the Human Race was seeded. Though It can't be any older that 50,000 years or we would looke defferent than the Ancients.

On the topic: Thier are only a handfull of Earth Like(only 4 better than Earth) worlds. Possibly one or two worlds in PG hidden from the wriath(IMO). the reasons have already been pointed out. the Pop. here is much much more because this is the Human Homeworld(except the ori Humans) We have flurished here for thousands of years before any other world.
                    [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                    HARRIMAN
                    I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                    [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                    HARRIMAN
                    So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

As far as I know, Sateda was relatively advanced for a small civilisation. It's government was still tribal (the leader was referred to as "The Chieftain"). They were about on par as far as evolution and development goes at 1941...come to think of it, that hospital looked like it was taken right out of Pearl Harbor and thrown into Sateda.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

We only make the assumption that what we see is the whole population of the planet. But people, have a tendancy of migrating. So for all we the viewers know, there could be other towns, villages, and kingdoms than the ones that SG1 visits in each show.

Turn the clock back 2000 years, and you'll know that there are about 60million people in the Roman Empire. Go further east to China, and that's another 60million or so people.... Sure both empires were vast, BUT, there are others just as big such as the Persians, the Arabians, the Indians, the Meso-Americans (Maya, Aztech, Zapotec, and etc.), the 500 or so Native American tribes in what is now Canada and USA. Then you got the peoples of the Pacific Islands, the many kingdoms in Southeast Asia, people in sub-Saharan Africa, and the nomadic peoples who live in the vast Eurasian steppes between China and Rome.

Archaeologists, historians, anthropologists and etc. estimate that before the Industrial Revolution, the world's population was at most somewhere around 500 million.

So, lets say the StarGate was real and that SG1 was a team of humans from another planet and visited OUR Earth 1,000 years ago. Lets say that the StarGate was located somewhere near a small ancient Chinese village of only a few hundred people. If they made a TV show of that in the another world, they would think that the PX3-456... or whatever, their Gate code for Earth... was barely populated.

Get what I mean?
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

there have been many planets in which thye had just discovered the Stargate, some discovered it and placed it in musuems. Whe nthey discover it it's out in the middle of no where buried to be forgotten, when its next to where people live, its there because they worship it or find it culturally of value... or use it.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                          X