This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first try at modeling a puddle jumper

This is my first attemt at a puddle jumper took me about 8 hours to do its not finished still got alot of work to do. texturing, drone and engine pods are not done. can you tell me what you think cause iam not sure if its good and iam thinking of giving up on it.

DON'T GIVE UP..... That is really good, give it some more work definitely!

And when your doing it make sure you have lots of pictures with you...

This is definitely one of the better models I have seen

Comment

Looks really cool so far. Keep it up.
      //

O'Neill: Phasers?
      Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

thanks alot for the support ill continue the project. i have one guestion does any one know how many drones a jumper has cause i cant remember i think its 6 or 8 but not sure

Comment

Do you mean in the weapons flap on the side?

If so I had a look and I think there are 3 either side.
          Last edited by B O Y S C O U T; 30 August 2006, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col_Dilian
            does any one know how many drones a jumper has cause i cant remember i think its 6 or 8 but not sure
            well its never been stated in the show, maby there is 3 a side but i would think there would be more than a total of 6, maby there is a gap in between the outer hull and the inside were some drones are kept.

Comment

well in wikipedia it says it has 8 but iam not really to keen on trusting it. In rising part 2 it shot one drone and then two sets of three so iam guessing it has more then 8. problem is how are they positioned on the launch bay pod.

Comment

8 drones I think. they wouldnt need loads because they're used only for self deffence

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

tell me what you think and what should i change that is wrong or not good. the drones are still not done and the window.http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...lejumper-1.jpg

Comment

i like it alot man continue the good work

Comment

tell me what you think and what should i change that is wrong or not good. the drones are still not done and the window.http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...lejumper-1.jpg
                      Very nice work ! What prog did you use to create it ? How did you start modeling it ? I tried it so many times to start learning how to build things but don't know how to start.
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

This is my first attemt at a puddle jumper took me about 8 hours to do its not finished still got alot of work to do. texturing, drone and engine pods are not done. can you tell me what you think cause iam not sure if its good and iam thinking of giving up on it.http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...ddlejumper.jpg

That looks great, keep it up

Comment

Anybody ever notice that the number 8 semes to be a recuring theam in the stargate world

Comment

I would go for more like 12, maybe 9, but the model looks great! :sheppard23anime:
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                              Very nice work ! What prog did you use to create it ? How did you start modeling it ? I tried it so many times to start learning how to build things but don't know how to start.
                              well iam using 3DS MAX 8 to make it i basically started from a cylinder and used shaped to cut the holes in the cylinder to get the engraving and etc.. . thanks everyone for your support ill probably be finished in about 2-3 days before i start school then iam gona start thr f-302 after this. By the way give me ideas for an animation with the jumper any idea will do. my msn is [email protected] if any one whants to talk or needs help with 3d model

Comment

Working...
                              X